Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
POLL: Do you look down on blacks?
2004-03-03, 8:21 PM #161
Raoul:

In past posts he consistently used slang pronunciations of words such as: 'wit' (with), 'cuz' (because), and consistently leaves the 'g' off words like such "tryin" (trying) or "playin" (playing). Now, I'm certainly not going to condemn him for it; however, you cannot say that he doesn't type like that. Simply enter his name in the search option (like I just did) and you'll see it throughout his posts.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-03-03, 8:25 PM #162
I look down on any minority indiviudual that needs a case against something or someone and starts saying that whites are racist toward them. Also when it is used to get power, for example "If you dont hire me im going to go get all my (insert slang word for friends) and were going to picket around your business with signs that have your company logo redrawn with nazi and KKK symbols claiming you all are a bunch of cross burning hitler worshiping white supremicists"

------------------
Restless 2

Sanctum de la Mort
2004-03-03, 9:02 PM #163
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> He speaks the same as any of you, the only reason you accuse him of different is because you know he is black and likes rap.</font>

Oh please. Unless you haven't been paying attention to this place at ALL you'd notice people here have a tendency to play forum grammar nazi with everyone. Elana14 isn't black and she's caught a lot more attention with her writing style than Em Playa could dream of.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-03-03, 9:07 PM #164
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Oh please. Unless you haven't been paying attention to this place at ALL you'd notice people here have a tendency to play forum grammar nazi with everyone. Elana14 isn't black and she's caught a lot more attention with her writing style than Em Playa could dream of.

</font>

That's because we're all sexist too! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-03-04, 1:00 AM #165
Do I look down on blacks? Of course not. But do I have a problem with ebonics and ganstaz and gangster rap? Yes, very much so.

If these things are part of what you look on as balck culture than yes, I look down on black culture. It seems it's becoming more and more part of people's culture, and I don't like that. And I live in a predominantly white area, my school was all 'white' until this year, actually. But I have nothing wrong with black people whatsoever, what I have a problem with is those people that would not take the opportunity to better their lives and instead get into gang wars in the street, and those who slaughter teh english language.

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-03-04, 2:58 AM #166
You know what I like about the internet? No one needs to know what you look like, what your real name is, or what kind of family you come from. Everyone is given a username and a fresh page to start however they see fit. I don't believe in race. I believe in internet.

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2004-03-04, 3:03 AM #167
I do not look down on blacks.

However, I believe blacks actually look down on themselves, especially in poor neighborhoods, and stymie their own potential by giving in to certain cultural norms. Personally, I hope for a time when poor black youth idolize the well-educated, well-spoken black man rather than call him an "Uncle Tom" - the day when that happens, a huge barrier will have been breached, and the sky will be the limit for what the african american people can accomplish.

------------------
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
--------------------------------------
Fear is here, where's the beer?
2004-03-04, 3:53 AM #168
Only if theyre shorter than me..

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"You'll have to face it, the endings are the same however you slice it. Don't be deluded by any other endings, they're all fake, with malicious intent to deceive, or just motivated by excessive optimism if not by downright sentimentality. The only authentic ending is the one provided here: John and Mary die. John and Mary die. John and Mary die." -Happy Endings [Margeret Atwood]
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-03-04, 4:07 AM #169
I also think that sometimes black people play the "racial card" a little too much. (at least at my school)

For instance: (gather around kiddies)

One day after gym we were heading to the locker room when one of my friends (who is black) said "SOmeone farted!" We all had a little laugh at it and to carry on the joke he pointed at my other friend and blamed it on him, which was expected, so as a come-back my other friend(who is white) said the good ol' rhyme "Whoever smelt it, delt it" I must admit that this was getting childish to me, but out of the blue, right in the middle of the whole little joke, my black friend yells "DOn't go balming things like that on me just becuase i'm black! Don't be racist like that!" I was like "W.T.F" I *still* don't see how he turned a childish rhyme into a racial slur.

ANd this story has not be altered.

Mabyes its just at my school, but this has happened on a number of occasions.

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-03-04, 4:25 AM #170
As far as i'm concerned... if somebody is black, thats just the same difference as somebody who is taller than you, or maybe has different coloured eyes and hair... its just a minor unimportant difference which truely doesn't matter.... yet it gets all sorts of stuff like this, it ain't surprising either, the amount of people I see who seem to judge people based on appearance... let alone race, its pretty dumb if you ask me.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-03-04, 4:47 AM #171
I do not look down on anyone due to race, however I can't stand the middle-class white kids who think they're ghetto rappers/gangstas.

------------------
Bliss is ignorance.
2004-03-04, 9:06 AM #172
I honestly look down on the black culture that so many rappers out there are trying to define for there "brothers" seriously i remember the big cash money stage and every black guy out there was cranking juvinile out of a dualies in his car with rims... it was sad to see themselves stereotype it because being from detroit and the center of a lot of it its ****ing sad... Eminem did do justice by rapping about lifestyles that he went trhough. I have black friends, not a lot but i would never hold there Celebrity idiots define who they are. Snoop Dogg is past that stage of "bling" and literally makes fun of it with his show and the hilarious "black history minute." I just hate it when black kids go aorund my neighborhood with there headphones on hollering at white girls and spray painting **** everywhere... Im not saying its only black people but the majority of fighting and vandalism involves blacks in a 50/50 community. I look down on how certain blacks give other black people a bad name.

------------------
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
-If you don't know, then don't ask...
2004-03-04, 9:20 AM #173
No i do not look down upon people with darker skin AT ALL!!!!

AND WTF??
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-03-04, 9:37 AM #174
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I would pick the black doctor, since I would be more impressed that he/she received a PhD and worked hard to become a doctor in a society where opportunities for blacks aren't as abundant.</font>

I'd like to know why you think that way, Jipe. Why don't blacks have the same opportunities as whites? The only things I can think of are 1) Behavior, 2) Environment, and 3) An unfair, racist culture. I have a feeling that anyone who improves #1 will themselves improve #2. I'm just not seeing #3 happen at all in this country right now.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-03-04, 9:44 AM #175
You mean this city, and with only five blacks in this city, it's hard to notice the racism.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-03-04, 9:45 AM #176
If you go for your PHD in the south, maybe.

If we're going to say that a black doctor had to go through more because of a racist society, then what's to say he, a black doctor, wouldn't treat you, a white patient, a bit worse because of said racism?

Oh, and Raoul, I didn't insult you and I didn't flame you. I just think you stick up for Em Playa a bit too much, you have this creepy love for him or something. You're overly hostile and you're obviously delusional about me, Em Playa, and life in general.

Steefu.
2004-03-04, 9:52 AM #177
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopfighter2:
I just hate it when black kids go aorund my neighborhood with there headphones on hollering at white girls.

</font>

So, if I walk up to a white girl in a bar, its not ok? But it is ok for a white guy to holler at a white girl?

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 9:53 AM #178
Most nonblack people would say "no, I dont look down on them" because they know it's wrong to be racist.
It all basically comes down to the fact that we all have red blood (its actually blue until it gets exposed to oxygen [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] ) Thus every man should be equal

if you have green blood, well, then I look down on you :P

------------------
nil nip nada zip zero naught lip zil
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-03-04, 9:54 AM #179
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:

Oh, and Raoul, I didn't insult you and I didn't flame you. I just think you stick up for Em Playa a bit too much, you have this creepy love for him or something. You're overly hostile and you're obviously delusional about me, Em Playa, and life in general.

Steefu.
</font>

I defend Playa bit to. Don;t get on Raoul just because everyone else but him see something in Em Playa. Maybe we understand his emotion?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 9:55 AM #180
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:

I defend Playa bit to. Don;t get on Raoul just because sees something in Em Playa, and totally ignore how he types. Maybe we understand his emotion?

</font>

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 10:02 AM #181
I haven't bothered to read the thread, but I'm willing to bet most of you guys are confusing classism with racism.

If you see a poor black man, you will probably look down on him. But if you see a poor white man, you will probably *also* look down on him.

Similarly, if you see a black man or white man who's obviously in a class above you, you'll probably respect him.

The culture of people is far more based on class now than it is on race, at least, in most instances that I can see. You'll have a much easier time getting along with someone in your economic class than someone outside it, regardless of race.

This seems to be less true in older generations, though. Or maybe it's just true of me. In our generation, I expect classism to be a much bigger issue than racism, although it'll probably be misconstrued as racism anyway.

That said, do I look down on those in a lower class than me? Probably yes. It's always been that way, and it's no excuse. In fact, Jesus warned against this kind of class discrimination, but nowadays it's frequently becoming a divisive political tool used to get votes. "Hate the rich", "the poor are lazy", graduated income tax, etc. We all have to try to overcome the urge to look down on those in lower or higher classes, but it seems to be a part of human nature.

The communist will argue that we should all be in an equal class to prevent this kind of classism that so divides us. But we all know you can't get rid of class. Even in communism there was class; government officials weren't nearly as poor as the rest of society. The best we can do is try to be fair and get along, donating and such. =/

------------------
Ω of 14

[This message has been edited by oSiRiS (edited March 04, 2004).]
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-03-04, 10:10 AM #182
Heh, you're probably right, Roach. The only place I see any blacks in this city is at the University! Hehe

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-03-04, 10:12 AM #183
0) Remember kiddies! Haemoglobin is dark red, but when combined with oxygen to form oxyhaemoglobin, it goes bright red!

1) I think there are more black doctors than white doctors in the UK. Certainly most I've seen are black. Admittedly, they're with the NHS.

2) I get annoyed (anyone who knows how British I am can replace that with a colloquialism for urine [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] ) with black peeps that assume white peeps are being racist because they said one thing. I also get annoyed with peeps who try to act cool by blasting music out of a pair of headphones at 110dB, especially if it's rap or hip-hop. I guess to an extent I do look down on black peeps because they seemed to be the ones that caused trouble.

3) The "number talk", as Em Playa (I have an urge to spell it correctly) so eloquantly stated is 1337 5p33k. However, I restrict it to places where it can be understood, save for w00t, because that's just w00t. And the OMQWTFLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL is the impression of a 13-year old AOLer who deserves to be shot. There are limits to these things.

4) Black People Love Us is one straaaaange site.

------------------
The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, The Father of Rocketry
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-03-04, 10:15 AM #184
I don't look down on blacks. Having no bad experiences with any large group of any ethnicity, I've seen no reason to look down on any racial/ethnic groups.

When I walk down the street and I see a black guy, I think, "That guy's black." But it's not because I think his skin color makes him different from me - it's a physical trait, no different than me thinking, "Hey, she has brown hair." I notice it because I grew up in a primarily-white suburb. The few blacks that I knew in high school were either none-too-bright or *******s, but, thankfully, the college admission process seems to have sorted out the dead wood, and I've met quite a few intelligent, nice people of different skin color.

Where do I see 35-year-old white and black guy? It depends on their life. Either could end up at a 7-11, working at a steel mill, constructing cars, working at a Kinko's, running his own business, climbing up the corporate ladder, or the CEO of a multinational conglomerate. It all depends upon the qualities of the person, not the person's skin.

As for a majority-black cast in a neutral setting, it was pointed out that most popular sci-fi writers are white, and, thus, will write characters that are primarily white. It's not racism - if you read any of Sherman Alexie's writings, he always writes from the point of a Native American, because that's a role he can easily relate to (he himself being Native American) and write well. Fantasy is either set in Japan (anime or a dash of TMNT) or Europe, both of which were typically devoid of blacks, unless it was about the Moorish occupation of Spain.

In conclusion, I don't look down on blacks. You want to celebrate culture? I enjoy some rap, and I love actors like Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Whoopi Goldberg, and Chris Tucker. However, don't ask me to take you seriously if you're going to embrace the "bling bling" culture that seems horrifyingly pervasive in much of rap.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-04, 10:20 AM #185
Ok, say I somewhate embraced the bling bling culture? I won't lie, I wear my watch, and both of my rings when I go out cause the glimer. Yet, I still maintain a 3.0 GPA in College, and I have a direction in my life. Are you gonna look down on me now?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 10:21 AM #186
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
I think that the majority of whites look down on the black culture and do not view them as equals... I'm tryin to see if this is true here...

I know this topic may be controversial but please don't get mad. This is just a poll so please answer honestly. I will not view you as a less of a man/woman if you look down on blacks... just please tell me why.

I feel this is true for the most part in my experience here... I get ridiculed and made fun of just cuz I type different. I am an "enemy" of you guys, apparently.

Now post your opinion.

</font>

Not at all..

Then again, I was raised up north -- maybe the south has a bit more bias?

*shrug* There's a lot of black people at work..I think they're cool.. =)

Edit: As for the grammar issue..there's a girl from Germany that I work with who has better grammar than about any American I can recall talking to..she's been in the country for 15 months..

------------------
The Truth about Bowling for Columbine

[This message has been edited by CadetLee (edited March 04, 2004).]
woot!
2004-03-04, 10:24 AM #187
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CadetLee:
Not at all..

Then again, I was raised up north -- maybe the south has a bit more bias?

*shrug* There's a lot of black people at work..I think they're cool.. =)

</font>

Exactly. You were raised in the north. I can tell you that the North and the West Coast are TOOOOOTAAAALLLYYY different then the southeast. Bless your soul child.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 10:26 AM #188
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Em Playa:
Like I said before, I'm not "meticulously reproducing ghetto-talk."

I just type like this because I speak like this. Do you use the language you exhibited in your most recent post all the time, everywhere?

No? Why not? Because there are two different areas of language that the English language is broken up into... formal and informal.

I speak informal most of the time, unless I'm in the prescence of a superior, if I'm trying to get a grade, etc.

I just can't see why I'm gettin picked on because I type this way... I don't pick on any of you guys for the way you spell or your number speak or whatever. Just let me be.

</font>

This is the second time I've made an attempt to reply to this quote. Hopefully this time the system won't crash.

First I'll state this. I find it hard to believe that even if you think or speak in slang that you would naturally type in such a way. The reason I find this hard to believe is because when we are taught to type (which is the norm, if this is not the case for you, then this may be quite off base), we are taught with propper spelling, grammar, punctuation, as well as the other general rules and guidelines of the English language.

I understand fully that you have a great grasp on the language itself. You've presented as much in the first three sections of the quote above. However, you must realize that you're posting in a community of elitists. It's almost an unwritten rule that you can expect each and every post you make to be ripped to shreds if the content within isn't written to a near-perfect standard. It becomes so natural to expect such a reaction to your information that you almost read over your own posts in your mind with a fine toothed comb to make sure you're not missing something. Does this mean that anybody on Massassi ever posts a perfect post? Hardly. Does it mean that we expect you to? Yes.

The fact of the matter is this. You question why people ridicule you and pick on you with every post you make. --which by the way, I don't think I'm one of those people, but if I have please understand that it's nothing personal-- The reason that you are singled out is because people here don't want you to be individual in typing style. It has been pointed out numerous times that the way you present things is "wrong" and as such, you are expected to change to make them "right". This really has nothing to do with you as a person. You could be giving quite vital, and important information --not a personal attack here, but I've yet to see that--, but if it's not presented in a fashion that is easy for the whole of the community to read and understand (read: young to middle aged, white, suburban males) then they are going to decimate the post and ignore the content.

The solution to this dilema? Change the way you type specifically for Massassi. Is this fair? No. Do a lot of new visitors leave because of the "unwelcome environment" that the regulars of the community put forth on them? Yes. If you want to stick around, that's your own business. But things around here, no matter if Brian makes an announcement and even starts following through with post count reductions and bans, will never change. The community has been around for a "long time" (read: internet time). The people who have been here for that "long time" are dead set in their ways. I know that I for one am quite opposed to seeing you "butcher the English language" by using slang and omitting "g" from -ing verbs.

But the truth is, you're not actually butchering the language. You're speaking in an informal manner, which in most places like this would be completely acceptable (read: my forum for example is much more lax than Massassi). However, at Massassi, it's almost necessary to be a scholar of the English language and you must attempt to speak as though you were an aristocrat. There are exceptions to the rule, like girls who can't spell. Were you female, and maintained a female name, you would be allowed to post however you wanted. People would correct you, but it wouldn't be as harsh. That's just the way things go. However, you are not female, you maintain a username that many find unapproachable and laughable (read: sweet Jesus, the word Player refers to a man who maintains relationships with multiple women for the sake of keeping himself satisfied at all times), and you refuse to bend to the wills of others. That makes you expendable in the eyes of many I'm sure.

In short, it has nothing to do with you being black. We could care less. I hate the hip-hop culture completely. I don't descriminate against people for it. I have tons of friends who are totally into it. I just don't like the culture and prefer to not partake in it. I assume this is similar in alot of cases around Massassi. So the answer is no.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-04, 10:30 AM #189
And that is why I love the Wang.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 10:37 AM #190
I love you too Ubuu. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-04, 10:39 AM #191
/me gets ignored

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-03-04, 10:45 AM #192
Dude I'm mixed race. All races are equal. All people are not.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
</font>
Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
2004-03-04, 10:48 AM #193
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
/me gets ignored

</font>

That ties in very closely to what I said. Sorry oS I didn't read all the way through. Otherwise I'd have made mention of your point in my post.

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-04, 10:50 AM #194
Hmmm...its an interesting question.
I suppose as a whole I don't care about skin color. What i've said time and time agian is I don't like the 'black' attitude. You know gangsta rappa "wassup my nigga" stuff.

I've also seen white poeple do this and I hate them too...so its not the skin color its the way people act.

------------------
In short, there's a special place in hell for you, Juztyn.. And I'll save you a seat, 'cause God knows I'm not headed north..
2004-03-04, 10:51 AM #195
Actually, I realized I am racist. Because as soon as black/latino/asian/whatever person says that to me for really no reason other than I don't agree with him/her, I immediately think, "Yeah, I do hate your punk ***."

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-03-04, 10:53 AM #196
I view blacks as equals. what i am about to say isnt meant to offend anyone, but sometimes i am biased because the only people that ever pose threats or problems to me are black people. For some reason they think they can stand in the middle of everywhere blocking the paths at schools, malls, movies, ect and think they are owners of the place. secondly, around here black people are the ones that will come up to me and try to mug me.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-03-04, 10:54 AM #197
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
Ok, say I somewhate embraced the bling bling culture? I won't lie, I wear my watch, and both of my rings when I go out cause the glimer. Yet, I still maintain a 3.0 GPA in College, and I have a direction in my life. Are you gonna look down on me now?</font>

I'm talking about the guys who spend some $x million on a diamond gold necklace with their name on it. A bit jewelry doesn't register as a "bling bling" lifestyle, in my mind.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-04, 11:07 AM #198
Okay, well looking at these opinions, Raoul's seriously messed up in his perception of black/white culture, and it's not that big of a deal.

Me?? I hate idiots. I've noticed some black people make up this spectrum the "yo su daw cuh i cah crunk it oh ma ga daw oh mah gah" who are happy to get C's on tests. But of course, there's the opposite white trash and/or 'whiggers' as they're known. I dunno, I hate the South pretty much. D:<

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-03-04, 11:22 AM #199
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Okay, well looking at these opinions, Raoul's seriously messed up in his perception of black/white culture, and it's not that big of a deal.

Me?? I hate idiots. I've noticed some black people make up this spectrum the "yo su daw cuh i cah crunk it oh ma ga daw oh mah gah" who are happy to get C's on tests. But of course, there's the opposite white trash and/or 'whiggers' as they're known. I dunno, I hate the South pretty much. D:<

</font>

I hate the South too. I guess you can say I am racist against the south. I hate all of you. Except Sine and Kak.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-03-04, 11:22 AM #200
Mr. Yecti is correct about Massassi's "grammer policy." We are (I'll admit to some guilt) pretty intolerant to anything less than perfect grammar and syntax of the English language. Might be hypocritical of some us when expect perfect English yet use some slang/colloquialisms in everyday speech.

I'm with Yecti on the hip hop/rap culture. I don't like it one bit. But that's just me. If y'all wish to speak in whatever dialect you desire amongst your friends/peers/cohorts/etc, be my guest. It's just assuming that I speak that dialect when you talk to me, I don't like that. I don't speak that dialect. I even have to think about what was said to me.

Summary: Languages get mutilated. Humans are lazy and will try to find ways to shorten speech even if it means breaking language syntax/grammar. English just happens to be a language more "mutable." I've learned to accept this when I learned other language's dialects. ("laisse be'ton" is an example of a French expression. It's from "laisser tomber" meaning let it drop!) All I say is that know when to use slang and when to use more proper English.

And that is all.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!