Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Let's play a text adventure game.
Let's play a text adventure game.
2011-11-08, 9:52 AM #201
USE RADIO
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-11-08, 9:56 AM #202
And do what?
2011-11-08, 10:05 AM #203
USE ONE-LINER ON RADIO
2011-11-08, 11:19 AM #204
I can't think of a good one, brainstorm some for me and I'll pick the best one.
2011-11-08, 11:23 AM #205
[I was thinking just GROWL into it, but I'm not playing.]
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-11-08, 11:45 AM #206
Originally posted by Tibby:

if SEDUCE RADIO then
"Hey baby, I think I made out with your sister and got mono."

else "Ground control to Major Tom; come in Major Tom."
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-11-08, 11:49 AM #207
"Looks like your text adventure just got... deleted."
2011-11-08, 11:58 AM #208
[quote=Michael MacFarlane]USE ONE-LINER ON RADIO[/quote]

"Yall bout to join ye comrades and they be dead."

"I've got hostages." [FIRE GUN INTO CORPSE] "Naah, **** that ****."

"Life, time, rocket launchers..."

"I'm weaponized, so you better get ready to be vaporized."

"Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity."
幻術
2011-11-08, 12:04 PM #209
"Railroad this."
2011-11-08, 12:16 PM #210
"Helicopter that."
幻術
2011-11-08, 1:14 PM #211
"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

(Edit: Actually, go with this one.)
2011-11-08, 1:33 PM #212
You pick up the radio, adjust your googles, walk to the window looking straight at the helicopter and say:
"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
"What? Who is this? How did-"
You then shoot the radio and quip- "Boring conversation anyway."
The helicopter was hovering over the fire station, and is now lifting into the air and turning towards the city hall. You check the rocket launcher and note a set of instructions and model: RM-10 Universal Heat Seeker.
2011-11-08, 1:39 PM #213
OPEN WINDOW
2011-11-08, 1:44 PM #214
You open the window, one of the guns fires and destroys the other windows, the helicopter turns before he can get you though.
2011-11-08, 2:44 PM #215
Fire rockets at helicopter.
Flip off the burning wreckage.
My blawgh.
2011-11-08, 3:36 PM #216
You point the rocket and wait for a solid tone as indicated by the instructions (which are oddly in 20 languages), and pull the trigger. The rocket blasts out destroying the room behind you and burning the soldiers corpses to a crisp. The helicopter launches flares but you're too close and it's too late, the rocket strikes the cockpit and blows it wide open. The helicopter crashes into the fire station and explodes.
You give the flaming wreckage the finger.
2011-11-08, 3:50 PM #217
Go to Helicopter, inspect wreckage.
2011-11-08, 5:33 PM #218
Inspecting the wreckage you find nothing usable, just scorched remains and destroyed equipment. The insignia on the tail has been scorched you can make out that it's USMC. No other visible markings.
As you are doing this you hear a car in the distance.
2011-11-08, 6:31 PM #219
So... we wake up in a world where there is strange dust coating the ground, towns and outlying rual areas are abandoned, there are messages about evac and there is a mysterious disappearing chasm in the middle of the only nearby town that vanished over night....

and you guys decide to straight up murder soldiers who may be there to look for survivors? Better safe then sorry I guess.
The Gas Station
2011-11-08, 6:45 PM #220
Go back and check the radio message. And then note who these soldiers work for and where this is taking place.
2011-11-08, 7:26 PM #221
TUNE RADIO TO 155.3 Khz.

HIDE BEHIND HELICOPTER WRECKAGE. COCK CARABINE.

[pls note -- if safety's on MC wouldn't be able to cock it most probably]
幻術
2011-11-08, 7:38 PM #222
Go back and check the radio message. And then note who these soldiers work for and where this is taking place.

well sure, the radio message sounds menacing, but for all the player knows, we're being invaded by mole men who fart dust and the US is sending marines to search for survivors and kill maurading mole people.
The Gas Station
2011-11-08, 8:00 PM #223
Originally posted by Grant:
So... we wake up in a world where there is strange dust coating the ground, towns and outlying rual areas are abandoned, there are messages about evac and there is a mysterious disappearing chasm in the middle of the only nearby town that vanished over night....

and you guys decide to straight up murder soldiers who may be there to look for survivors? Better safe then sorry I guess.

dude that helicopter they came from ****ing killed us once already. US.
2011-11-08, 8:40 PM #224
Originally posted by Koobie:
TUNE RADIO TO 155.3 Khz.

HIDE BEHIND HELICOPTER WRECKAGE. COCK CARABINE.

[pls note -- if safety's on MC wouldn't be able to cock it most probably]

The radio was destroyed when the chopper hit the fire station.
You hid behind the wreckage of the chopper with you back to one of the still standing walls of the station. Cocking the carbine you get ready for whatever happens.
The car rolls into the town, from you view point it appears to be a mad-max esque vehicle, it looks like a 30 year old sedan with the doors missing and a machine gun mounted in the passengers seat. The 3 people who disembark are wearing military fatigues that look worn without any insignia.
2011-11-09, 12:20 AM #225
SHOUT, "Yo, people. Don't shoot, I come in peace!"
幻術
2011-11-09, 7:30 AM #226
You shout "Yo, people. Don't shoot, I come in peace!", and come out from behind the wreckage with the carbine point downwards.
One of the people, who appears to be the leader, a balding middle aged man with a guy shouts back: "Who are you and what the **** happened here?"
2011-11-09, 8:00 AM #227
[I'm hoping someone saves it again soon.]
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-11-09, 8:15 AM #228
SAVE.

SAY: "I woke up here an hour ago and then everything went to ****. There was a chopper with some soldiers who tried to killed me but I managed to get them first... What in the flying **** is going on here? And the name's Bob. Jim Bob. Who are you?"
幻術
2011-11-09, 8:50 AM #229
EXAMINE BALDING MAN
2011-11-09, 9:46 AM #230
You walk up to the group taking your hand off the carbines grip and holding it by the barrel.
You say "I woke up here an hour ago and then everything went to ****. There was a chopper with some soldiers who tried to killed me but I managed to get them first... What in the flying **** is going on here? And the name's Bob. Jim Bob. Who are you?"
And then you stare at the bald ones head, it's shiny. His uniform has no insignia like the others, but it appears to be less worn. He has a handgun holstered and a machine pistol in his hands, pointed at you.
The balding one, with his gun still aimed at you, asks: "You.. wasted a whole damned marine squad by yourself, AND their helicopter?" The rest of the group looks at each other uneasily while keeping their guns (also machine pistols) trained on you.
2011-11-09, 12:48 PM #231
Save.
Say "I guess you realize you stand as much a chance of survival."
Fire a rocket at the car.
Flip off the flaming twisted metal and smoldering bodies.
My blawgh.
2011-11-09, 12:53 PM #232
You walk up to the group taking your hand off the carbines grip and holding it by the barrel.You say "I woke up here an hour ago and then everything went to ****. There was a chopper with some soldiers who tried to killed me but I managed to get them first... What in the flying **** is going on here? And the name's Bob. Jim Bob. Who are you?"
And then you stare at the bald ones head, it's shiny. His uniform has no insignia like the others, but it appears to be less worn. He has a handgun holstered and a machine pistol in his hands, pointed at you.
The balding one, with his gun still aimed at you, asks: "You.. wasted a whole damned marine squad by yourself, AND their helicopter?" The rest of the group looks at each other uneasily while keeping their guns (also machine pistols) trained on you.

"Yeah. There was this booby trap in the town hall, it killed me first, then something happened and I was back there again and knew all about it and lured those ****ers into it. I mean, man... I don't die. I just ****ing respawn, man. Then it's like it never happened. Check this **** out, bro."

SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FACE WITH HANDGUN.

SAY: "I woke up here an hour ago and then everything went to ****. There was a chopper with some soldiers who tried to killed me but I managed to get them first... What in the flying **** is going on here? And the name's Bob. Jim Bob. Who are you?"
幻術
2011-11-09, 1:23 PM #233
You say "I guess you realize you stand as much a chance of survival.", and then bring up the rocket launcher and get riddled with bullets.

You come back face-to-face with the group and say "Yeah. There was this booby trap in the town hall, it killed me first, then something happened and I was back there again and knew all about it and lured those ****ers into it. I mean, man... I don't die. I just ****ing respawn, man. Then it's like it never happened. Check this **** out, bro."
You then drop the carbine and take a handgun, but before you can get it up to your head you are again filled with bullets.

And now once again you are back looking at the group, having just inspected the balding man who questioned how you took down a marine squad and their support.

I love how this is going, especially the exploration of death. However we are coming to the end of this chapter.
2011-11-09, 5:12 PM #234
SAY: "Got lucky. I told you my name, and you didn't shoot me on sight, so since we're having a pleasant conversation, mind telling me who you are and what in the name of a dead dog's cock is going on?"
幻術
2011-11-09, 5:26 PM #235
[
Quote:
You then shoot the radio and quip- "Boring conversation anyway."

Free and I watched the Youtube clip of this this morning. Great scene. :)]

SAVE and OFFER TO SHOW THEM FLYER WITH INFORMATION, but MAKE NO SUDDEN MOVEMENTS.
2011-11-09, 5:38 PM #236
Originally posted by Koobie:
what in the name of a dead dog's cock is going on?"

[You crazy Russian. Where in the name of a dead dog's cock do you get a phrase like this :P]
2011-11-09, 5:41 PM #237
These commands are getting awfully long.
2011-11-09, 6:08 PM #238
What flyer?
2011-11-09, 6:13 PM #239
Probably the leaflet. Do we still have that?
2011-11-09, 6:43 PM #240
You say "Got lucky. I told you my name, and you didn't shoot me on sight, so since we're having a pleasant conversation, mind telling me who you are and what in the name of a dead dog's cock is going on?".
He replies "Do you have brain damage? Either way I'm with the, well the remains of anyway, Canadian army. I'll save my name untill YOU tell ME where the **** you learned to pull off a stunt like this"
You offer him the leaflet
"Hah, are they still dropping these? I pray no poor dumb ******* follows those instructions."

↑ Up to the top!