Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anything TV
Anything TV
2018-09-11, 9:36 PM #281
And we all know what kind of posts on Facebook a Wookie06 would read.

And what kind of Wookie06 assessments a Wookie06 would make about why non-Wookie06s are wrong or insane when they disagree with him. And...
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-09-11, 10:29 PM #282
Got caught up with Disenchantment. Love it.
2018-09-11, 11:13 PM #283
I've been meaning to watch that. Oddly enough, Futurama is one of my favorite shows but I don't care for The Simpsons.

I just started season 2 of The Expanse. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

"Atypical" is also an amusing show. My eldest son is similar to the main character and it cracks me up.
2018-09-11, 11:17 PM #284
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Do people really watch shows based on how they might possibly hint at placing on a political scale? I have seriously never, not once, watched a TV show or movie because it sways towards a "left" or "right".

Originally posted by Steven:
That's not what he was saying at all. He was saying it wasn't too preachy - these days a lot of shows are.

In my experience, people say that when they're complaining that a show has a gay character or something like that.

To be fair though, many shows do have some political undercurrents. I find I can tell when a show is doing what it's doing because someone had an idea or because someone wanted to make a point. At least personally I like shows which embed women in roles in progressive ways, but there's also a kind of contrived "checklist" way of doing it where they think passing the Bechdel test and featuring an openly gay couple qualifies the show.
2018-09-11, 11:44 PM #285
Originally posted by Reid:
At least personally I like shows which embed women in roles in progressive ways, but there's also a kind of contrived "checklist" way of doing it where they think passing the Bechdel test and featuring an openly gay couple qualifies the show.

In other words:

You're not fooling anyone, America.
2018-09-12, 9:18 AM #286
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Do people really watch shows based on how they might possibly hint at placing on a political scale? I have seriously never, not once, watched a TV show or movie because it sways towards a "left" or "right".

I don't know but marketing definitely targets politics. My point was that I believe the dishonest review was a form of marketing meant to generate interest among right leaning people.

Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
And we all know what kind of posts on Facebook a Wookie06 would read]

You should. I posted screenshots of literally all my Likes and probably months worth of posts.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-09-12, 9:27 AM #287
Originally posted by Steven:
That's not what he was saying at all. He was saying it wasn't too preachy - these days a lot of shows are.

Not exactly, maybe an oversimplification. The villain has a gut wrenching, plausible, childhood event coupled with experiences in Europe. Islam is shown in a matter of fact manner rather than vilified or glorified. Realistic portrayal of the refugee crisis. The show, to me, comes across as apolitical and realistic which was in stark contrast to a review that complained it was a patriotic mess and something about white privilege.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-09-16, 6:30 AM #288
Bojack Horseman and Better Call Saul is the best TV for me, right now. Ever, really.

Bodyguard has been excellent so far as well.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-09-20, 9:42 AM #289
My wife and I have been watching The Expanse. That's some good TV right there. We finished S1 and have only a couple of episodes of S2 remaining. We're watching in Prime video, but S3 is not available yet. I'll have to see if we can watch it On Demand from our TV provider

Expanse spoilers. I'm really sad they killed Miller. He was easily the best character. We got the most time with him, thus he was the most fleshed out. Tom Jane is the best actor on the show and did a fine job in the role. I like also the Amos character, he cracks me up.
2018-09-20, 11:05 AM #290
I started watching "Forever" on amazon a couple of days ago. I'm only a few episodes in. If you're at all interested, don't watch any previews, don't read anything about it, just go watch at least two episodes. It's a slow burn. Like really slow. But it's mildly amusing and the premise is really interesting.
2018-09-20, 11:07 AM #291
Originally posted by Wookie06:
The show had plenty of content to keep SJWs happy but not delivered in a way to offend others.

This is a really weird way to say "the shows treats its own characters with respect".
nope.
2018-09-20, 11:13 AM #292
Originally posted by Baconfish:
This is a really weird way to say "the shows treats its own characters with respect".

It's an American commercially produced show, I doubt that.
2018-09-23, 1:30 PM #293
Originally posted by Baconfish:

I guess it would be.

2018-09-23, 2:58 PM #294
Originally posted by Brian:
I started watching "Forever" on amazon a couple of days ago. I'm only a few episodes in. If you're at all interested, don't watch any previews, don't read anything about it, just go watch at least two episodes. It's a slow burn. Like really slow. But it's mildly amusing and the premise is really interesting.

I was so confused during that second episode. It was really refreshing watching something and having no idea what to expect or where things were going. It got a little less interesting, but that's not saying a lot. Those first two episodes set a really high bar.
former entrepreneur
2018-09-24, 6:35 AM #295
Started watching The Dragon Prince with the kids. I like it so far. Nice action, funny and more or less kid friendly even with adult parts showing through.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-09-24, 6:36 AM #296
I watched the first three episodes of Maniac on Netflix last night. It's the one wit ya girl Emma Stone and ya boy Jonah Hill. It's pretty good so far. I really like Cary Fukunaga as a director. I suspected as much, after True Detective season 1, but ~confirmed~ now, I guess.
2018-09-29, 4:56 PM #297
So, Last Man Standing is on Fox now. Haven't watched it yet. I decided to start watching the show after unsuccessfully looking for Home Improvement a year or so back. I had heard good things about the show and so I decided to watch it. I was looking for some family friendly shows that are lighter in nature for us all to enjoy when we come together from time to time. Well, just pulled up Hulu in the browser to see if the new episode was there and they've revamped their browser look all over again. Took me a minute to notice how you change seasons but I clicked on a "related" link and there's Home Improvement, all eight seasons. You're welcome.

2018-09-29, 5:54 PM #298
Originally posted by saberopus:
I watched the first three episodes of Maniac on Netflix last night. It's the one wit ya girl Emma Stone and ya boy Jonah Hill. It's pretty good so far. I really like Cary Fukunaga as a director. I suspected as much, after True Detective season 1, but ~confirmed~ now, I guess.

I'm going to watch it and try to imagine how it could make sense as the sequel to Superbad
former entrepreneur
2018-10-01, 2:29 PM #299
Originally posted by Eversor:
I'm going to watch it and try to imagine how it could make sense as the sequel to Superbad

That's the only way it makes sense.
2018-10-04, 2:09 PM #300
So there's this show called Lethal Weapon, I might have mentioned it here earlier. Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans were the stars. Wayans and Crawford clashed and, I believe, Wayans managed to get Crawford fired from the show. They actually killed the character off, the one portrayed by Gibson in the films. Anyway, now Wayans says he's quitting mid-season. The show really grew on me and season two was really good. Hearing the stories about why Crawford was fired I planned to give the show a chance without him but I came across a lengthy interview a few days ago and I believe every word he said. I had already decided not to watch season three and now yesterday news comes out that Wayans is quitting. In my opinion he is responsible for ruining the show. First you're going to have Lethal Weapon without Riggs, the titular Lethal Weapon, and now no Riggs or Murtaugh? I know nobody cares but I was skeptical about this show from the start. There are so many examples of an old franchise being revived for a horrible remake but they really did good with this one despite all the turmoil behind the scenes. And this, Damon Wayans, is why we can't have nice things.

2018-10-05, 7:20 AM #301
But Stiffler is in it now, how could it go wrong???
2018-10-05, 8:17 AM #302
"Norsemen" is on Netflix and is really funny. It's a generic family/workplace sitcom, except it takes place in Norway in 790 AD. They throw around casual jokes and pillaging and raping and murdering. The humor is dark and very dry. It's great. Season 2 just released, haven't seen it yet.
2018-10-08, 4:51 PM #303
Watched all of Cowboy Bebop. I guess I just don't get anime? I didn't think it was awful in any way, but most of the character arcs felt really cheesy. Especially Spike. Oh yay. Another "emotionally suppressed badass", wow he doesn't confront his past, thanks for the deep story where nothing interesting happens.

Fay was the most interesting character because at least she changes in some ways.

It could also be that the "This one thing that happened in my past will define my whole character trope" is pretty lazy and worn thin and I'm bored of it.
2018-10-08, 7:09 PM #304
Watch Norsemen instead of animey
2018-10-08, 10:30 PM #305
I tried Norsemen. It sounded like it'd be right up my alley. But uuugghhh it was just too much. Seriously, some writers were in a room and the best they could come up with was something like...

Quote:
"Wouldn't it be funny if one guy rubbed **** in another guys mouth?" - Writer 1
"What kind of ****?" - Writer 2
"Actual ****, from his ass!" - Writer 1
"Oh yeah, that'd be so hilarious!" - Writer 2

Except it's not funny.

I got through 2 episodes before I gave up.

To get that **** out of my head I proceeded to watch "The Dragon Prince" on Netflix. The guy working the counter at the paintball field I go to on the weekends was watching it a few weeks ago and he said it was good. I don't usually watch cartoons but I ran out of stuff to watch and I was in the mood for something light. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked the main elf character and the evil guy's kids (son who was like comedic relief and daughter who was like really happy/vibrant/cheerful but also dark evil mage at times... hah).
2018-10-08, 10:37 PM #306
Would Brian watch a TV series about himself removing TODOA TC from Massassi?
2018-10-08, 10:59 PM #307
I'm about to lose my ****ing ****. I go into my YouTube history on the PC and delete the stuff my boy watches on my account. Except now, when you click the little "x" it drops you down a little so you can't just keep clinking in the same spot. Mother ****er.

2018-10-09, 6:29 AM #308
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Would Brian watch a TV series about himself removing TODOA TC from Massassi?

I'd watch a TV series about how Koobie still posts here on his alt account, "Nikumubeki".
2018-10-09, 6:35 AM #309
if you're implying that I take after Koobie instead of the other way around, saberopus, I'm gonna have to ... do... ... a... thing.
2018-10-09, 7:43 AM #310
No, I haven't implied like u mean.
2018-10-09, 7:43 AM #311
<_<

>_>
2018-10-09, 7:56 AM #312
That's it, just for that I'm gonna put more OBIE SABERI lines in the next update of

DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-10-09, 12:04 PM #313

This scene is pretty ****ing hilarious to me.
2018-10-09, 5:24 PM #314
I watched the last two episodes of The Americans last night and now I am in a bad place emotionally.
Goddamn that is an excellent show
2018-10-09, 6:08 PM #315
Was that the series finale? The Americans is a show that I couldn't do on a weekly basis. I tried, I just prefer to wait until the seasons out on Prime. I probably need to watch some of the previous season to refresh but I've definitely liked everything I've seen so far.

2018-10-12, 7:33 AM #316
Maniac is fun.
nope.
2018-10-12, 9:21 PM #317
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Was that the series finale?

Yes, the final season is on Amazon prime video. It was intense and unpredictable to the last minute.
2018-10-18, 10:41 PM #318
Rom is starting a union at Quark's this show owns
I had a blog. It sucked.
2018-10-19, 7:19 AM #319
I was browsing Hulu and saw that the dude from Firefly now has his own cop show. Rookie. I watched the first episode. I enjoyed it. I usually don't like cop shows at all but meh.
2018-10-19, 7:20 AM #320
(It will probably get cancelled after one season.)

↑ Up to the top!