Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight issues
Jedi Knight issues
2021-08-28, 8:42 PM #481
You shouldn't need something else to run the patches. Usually installation instructions are included in the README text file which is usually included in the zip. It's been so long, but levels go in episode and other mods go in resource maybe. There's a general instruction page here but it mentions patch commander. I don't know if that is still around/maintained. After the patch commander section is a section on using the command line.

https://www.massassi.net/levels/howto.shtml
2021-08-28, 10:27 PM #482
I found Patch Commander
but Patch Commander cannot recognize games I installed from GOG...
Any ideas how to fix this ?
2021-08-29, 10:50 AM #483
Wish I could help. Patch Commander predates GOG (and Steam) by a long time I bet.
2021-08-30, 4:16 AM #484
Behind the scenes Patch Commander just puts the gob/goo files in a particular directory and uses JK's command line switch to point to it. So put your files in e.g. `Mods` then run `jk.exe /PATH "c:\program files\GOG\Jedi Knight\Mods"` or whatever the path to the mods folder is. Note that this is game exe not the launcher. Steam renames it to `Jedi.exe` and `JediKnight.exe`, I'm not sure about GOG.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2022-12-01, 12:25 PM #485
I've been running into issues with the game randomly crashing. Sometimes it will continue to crash when the same thing happens over and over (mines exploding, for example) and sometimes I'll go quite a while before it crashes. The only consistent thing seems to be that explosions are causing the crash. I've looked into a lot of threads around various forums and haven't found anything too helpful. The only thing I've found is turn off 3d acceleration (which I do not have turned on). Anyone else experiencing this or have any fixes?

I'm running GOG JKDF2 with no mods or anything installed. Happened with MOTS regular GOG installation as well. Windows 11, standard Dell laptop, everything should be up to date.

Also, hello Massassi! It's been a while!
2022-12-03, 10:22 PM #486
Originally posted by Jodo_Kast_BHG:
I've been running into issues with the game randomly crashing. Sometimes it will continue to crash when the same thing happens over and over (mines exploding, for example) and sometimes I'll go quite a while before it crashes. The only consistent thing seems to be that explosions are causing the crash. I've looked into a lot of threads around various forums and haven't found anything too helpful. The only thing I've found is turn off 3d acceleration (which I do not have turned on). Anyone else experiencing this or have any fixes?

I'm running GOG JKDF2 with no mods or anything installed. Happened with MOTS regular GOG installation as well. Windows 11, standard Dell laptop, everything should be up to date.

Also, hello Massassi! It's been a while!

Are you sure you don't have any mods installed? It sorta seems like you're going over the thing limit or something. I would try completely uninstalling it, removing the directory it was installed in (just to make sure every file is removed), reboot, then reinstall. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions, sorry! I think people are using the GOG versions without problems but I've never used it (only cd version).
2022-12-07, 2:07 PM #487
Yeah, I just installed it for the first time on this computer. I have downloaded some of my favorite MP levels for old time's sake, but this is happening during SP only. I'm pretty sure I have the CDs - have you had any issues running the CD version on a modern computer?

I will try redoing everything per your recommendation. Can't hurt to try! Thank you!
2022-12-13, 4:15 PM #488
Originally posted by Jodo_Kast_BHG:
I'm pretty sure I have the CDs - have you had any issues running the CD version on a modern computer?

I do but I run it on linux, I don't use windows. There are a ton of people that are able to use it on Windows 10 without crashing though. I wish I could be of more help. If you have discord maybe drop into the massassi server and see if someone there can help?

https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?68227-Official-Massassi-Discord
2023-08-01, 8:54 PM #489
I think this thread should be un-stickified and a new more up-to-date one pinned to replace it

After all, now the first post would more or less be:

Originally posted by Thread Contents:
Download and install OpenJKDF2
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!