Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → The Shadows of Darkness.
The Shadows of Darkness.
2000-05-18, 1:47 PM #321
*The six companions travelled the shoreline. On their left, the cliff that dropped to a thin shore and violent waves crashing on the jagged rocks, and on their right, Bazaal's towering and ominous fortress. Consciously, they all felt that the path was tediously long, yet their heartbeats quickened involuntarily as they made their way. After what felt like quite some time, the shoreline ended, and beyond the fairly small drop was the town.*

*As they followed through, they could see that the town was more like a ghetto that was suitable for no person. Yet, in the streets(something resembling one), they saw ragged and poor people of every race meandering about, sweating in their toils of labor. The six searched for some sign or person that would meet them, but found none.*

"So, we're here," JK stated. "Now, what are we suppose to look for?"

*It took several moments for Gebohq to realize the question had been directed at him, and that the others were looking at him for an answer. Gebohq moved his eyes from side to side, as if looking to someone else for an answer, then looked at the others.*

"I don't know," Gebohq replied, with a hint of irritation at himself. "Let's just wait over there," pointing at the entrance of a building behind them, "and wait there."

*The six, not having any better ideas, shrugged their shoulders and walked to the building entrance. The six stood around, trying to blend in with the other people.*

*Minutes passed into hours, and the group was about to find their own way to the Citadel, when a man of the Merfolk race came up to Gebohq and asked him if they were interested in buying a boat. The man having been obvious enough about his true intentions, Gebohq said yes, and signaled the others to follow him. The group walked on to a pier with a cargo boat docked. The man turned to Gebohq again.*

"We had been informed that Ping and Prsitine would be with you," the man said quietly, "but since they were not, it took some time to find you. The six of you can get on this boat, which sails up the central river. The boat will make its stop at a port, where it picks up supplies to be taken back to Bazaal. You can get off there and head north, where there is a village you can stay for the night. Good luck to you all."

*The six then sneaked aboard the boat, and within a few minutes, it began to set sail. The ship made its way west into the ocean, where it started to travel south. It held course for a few hours before steering west into a river, against the river's current.*
--------------------------------------------
*The boat was still sailing westward when the sun began to set. Gebohq leaned on the railing, looking north to the Misty Mountains. His mind began to wander, as it often did.*

//There had to be a better way then to just leave Ping and Prsitne in that forsaken place. There [ihad[/i] to be. I'm so bad at being a leader. Wish I could lead like Merlin did. Then I wouldn't ever have to worry about messing up. *The other side of his mind reminded him that Merlin had lost against Bazaal when he had led.*

Ping and Pristine really do love each other, but they were so reckless and went after each other than sticking together. Listen to yourself Gebohq!*the other side of his mind spoke* It's not like you would of acted any different if it had been Tessa. Would I? Have I setached my feelings for her that quickly, already? How could I feel that way? I love her! *his other side spoke again* But how do you know Tessa hasn't already lost faith in you?//

*Gebohq turned behind to see Scout, Meteor, and bug just having approahed him. Scout smiled, and, as if it was contagious, Gebohq smiled back. bug showed an almost uncharacteristic look of connection with Gebohq, as well as JK.*

"I talked with one of the ship's crewmen," Scout began, "and he said he'd inform us when we arrived at the place. WE should be getting our sleep while we can."

"You're right, Scout," Gebohq said. "I'll tell Antestarr and Kogi, and then do just that. Good night to you all."

*As Gebohq went to find the two, a random thought flashed through his head. He remembered his suspisious feeling he had about bug, and wondered for a second if he should follow up on that. He decided it was a silly though brought on by the dimension's environment.*
*Antestarr and Kogi were looking out of two adjacent portholes. Antestarr then without looking at Kogi, began to speak.

"Kogi," Antestarr said, "Do you think Bazaal-"

"Please," Kogi insisted, "don't call him by his name. He is the Evil One."

Antestarr continued, "Do you think the Evil One...do you think God would ever forgive him?"

"Don't make me laugh," Kogi said with a small laugh.

"I was being serious," Antestarr said.

*Kogi looked at him with no response, and Antestarr looke at him waiting for one. Gebohq then walked up to them, and Kogi nearly sighed in relief. He really did not want to think about an all-forgiving God forgiving such an evil person.*

"You two should get some sleep," Gebohq told them. "The rest of us are doing the same."

"Excellent idea," Kogi added, making sure Antestarr would not bring up his question again. For reasons not quite known to Kogi, it bothered him. The three made their way into the cargo room, where the six slept for the night.*
*The crewman came at dawn, informing them that the boat would be docking within a few minutes. The company gathered their stuff and waited for the ship to stop. When the cargo doors opened, Gebohq and the other five slipped out into the port, where they made their way into the forest. Antestarr was squinting his eyes; teh light being too much for him. He reached into his cloak and pulle dout a pair of sunglasses. He put them on, and the others looked at him, seeing how a pair of tinted glasses was rare to see.*

*After a half-day's trek, teh party reached a village in the forest. Like the town surrounding Bazaal's fortress, the place was bustling with people of every race. The group followed Gebohq as they looked for a place to spend the night. They came across seveal people, and all seemed rather friendly towards them, giving odd looks at Antestarr. They came upon a dwarven man who told them about the dwarves and goblins in the Misty mountains, and their problems. They came upon an elven and a merfolk women, each recounting the troubles that had arisen with their races also.*

*As the group found an inn that was open and were about to check in, an Elven man with a quiver of arrows on his back ran up to them.*

"Hello there," the man said, shaking Gebohq's hand. "Are you Gebohq?"

"Why yes I am," Gebohq replied, a little stunned, "and these are my companions," gesturing his hand towards the others.

"Wow, it's just as Merlin said it would happen. he told me that you all would be here, and to tell you to continue north to his Citadel, where he's waiting for you."

"Merlin?" Gebohq asked with much doubt in his voice. "You must be mistaken, Merlin died a long time ago and-"

"Um.." bug interrupted.

"What?" Gebohq said. After several moments of silence, Gebohq said in almost a wisper "No..."

"We forgot to tell you, Gebohq," Scout said. "We had gone out to search for you, then got into the shadow dimension, and-"

"I won't believe it until I see him for myself," gebohq said with a tone of finality. "You all are playing some joke on me or something."

"No joke, Geb-" JK began, but Scout cut him off.

"Let's just go inside and rest for the night," Scout sighed. "We'll leave for the Citadel tommorow."

*The elven man ran down the street, dazing up in th sky. The six of them checked into their rooms for the night.*
---------------------------------------------
*The next morning, the group checked out and started to head north. Right behind them, keeping themselves hidden, were Jason Argos, Mason, Siren and Rynard.*

"Man, this is great," mason said with excitement in his voice. "We'll wait until they all meet up in Merlin's Citadel, and when they come back out, we'll hold them hostage. Merlin will have to give up and follw us to Bazaal's fortress."

"Can't wait," Jason said flately.

"Oh come on, Jason!" Siren said. "This was your idea, after all."

"I only suggested it so no one would get hurt," Jason replied quietly.

"Of course," Rynard interjected, "If Merlin does not cooperate, then we'll kill his followers."

*Jason frowned at the idea, but looked at the others and tried for a smile. he ended up with a half-smile, and signaled teh other thre to follw him, staying hidden within the treetops.*

---------------------
"Why are you obsessed with fighting? Times and fates you can't defy? If you knew the path we're riding, you'd understand it less than I" Jesus to his apostles--Jesus Christ Superstar

~Gebohq~

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited May 18, 2000).]
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2000-05-18, 1:54 PM #322
I have no problem with it so long as you can make the commitment. (Though there's nothing we can do if you can't) What I mean is that we now are flooded with authorless characters (Scout, Dirtbag, Kogi, JK, Warlord) it just kind of annoys me that they've dumped these characters on us (good though they are) and just went away.

So if you can make the commitment, welcome aboard.

New- Good post Geb. I likes.

[This message has been edited by Ping_Me (edited May 18, 2000).]
2000-05-18, 3:29 PM #323
(NSP: In case you didn't notice, I edited my last post to inculde the lastest and greatest. And Krig--that's cool. I was just concerned for you that if you were going to make a major character, how'd you'd bring him in, that's all. More writers, woohoo! Oh, and I agree with Ping on what he said (though Ping, I shoud tell you that Arbiter's PC is out, so when it comes back *this week I think* he should be able to start writing again. And I know Jk is reading up, so i don't know why he hasn't posted recently...hope you do JK!)
2000-05-19, 9:10 AM #324
[nsp]- sorry that I have been out so long. I've been getting a new comp, due to probs with my old one, and It has taken me a few days. Today I graduate High School and might be at the beach till the 25 (maybe). Either way, I'll have something up as soon as possible. sorry for brushing my character off on you guys for so long. [/nsp]

------------------
"I can become enraged like Vegeta, if i smile, run...................very fast."

"Semper Fi"

-"Life is cheap.....especially mine." -Hero Yui
2000-05-19, 2:20 PM #325
(NS: Alrighty then!)

The group traveled on in the murky gloom of dawn, the grim clouds overhead filtering the sun to a weak glimmer in the east. As they traveled along the dirt path through the brown trees, they stirred up clouds of dust that didn't settle because of the deadly calm that had fallen over the woods. Occasionally, a bird would fly overhead, but even that seemed weak and listless, as if the animals themselves knew that Bazaal might be watching them.

JK was wandering out in front of the party, humming a tune to dispell the dreariness of the dying woods. Suddenly, he stood stock still, listening.

"What was that?"

"What?" Bug wandered up beside him.

"I heard a yell, from ahead of us..."

Bug surveyed the path before them.
"I don't see anything."

"It was pretty far away. It sounded like someone was in trouble!" JK and Bug turned as Gebohq and the rest caught up.

"JK says he heard something..."

"I heard it also." Antestarr was standing apart from the rest, looking up the path. "Someone is having problems with the undead."

"We'd better go help." Gebohq started up the path again, at a jog.

"It could be a trap" cautioned Kogi "The Evil One does things like that often."

Gebohq barely broke his stride "We can't risk that. It might not be a trap either, and an innocent might die." He took off up the trail, and after a moment's hesitation, the rest followed.

----------------------------------------

Behind the party of heroes, Mason turned to his compatriots.
"Why are there undead here? Siren, you were supposed to clear the trail to the citadel last night!"

Siren looked bewildered "I did clear the trail! There are no undead to bother with the party for miles!"

"If they are attacked, they'll be on their guard afterwards. We may lose the element of surprise."

"I swear, I ordered all the undead away from here last night. These must have arrived this morning."

"We can't argue about it now" Jason interjected "We'll fall behind them."

The minions of Bazaal continued on their way, following the world's last hopes.

-------------------------------------

As the group got closer and closer to the source of the yell, they began to hear sounds of a battle. The clash of steel on steel was interspersed with the unearthly screams of the "death" of the undead. The group came upon a clearing , and in that clearing was a gruesome, but sadly not unusual sight. Strewn around the clearing were the rotting body parts of slain undead, and, in the middle of the clearing, the source of all the commotion.

Approximately twelve undead were grouped together in a tight circle, hacking at something with the wooden movements of puppets. However, the thing they were hacking at was not exactly standing by and letting them. An undead came flying out of the crowd, following its head and arms, flipping about.

A hand landed on Bug's shoulder, and clung there. He shook it off with a shudder.
"Looks like we're not exactly needed here."

A few seconds later, and only one undead was left. As it blew into two pieces, the undead's opponent was revealed. He stood foor feet tall, and brandished a huge war-axe. He was wearing an unusual horned helmet, and wore his bushy beard in two braids. His clothing looked dusty and travel worn. However, the most frightening aspect of his appearance was his eyes, wild and not really fixed on any one thing.

The short little man stopped and whirled about. He registered surprise at seeing the party of adventurers, and stood glaring at them for a moment.

Gebohq approached him, cautiously. The man looked unpredictable.
"Hello " he called. "I am Gebohq, and these are my friends. We are enemies of Bazaal, just as you are."

The short little man glared at them, wild eyed.

Gebohq tried again "I am Gebohq, a friend of Merlin. Who are you?"

The man scratched his armpit. "Me Krig!" he announced defiantly."Me smash smelly ones!"

Gebohq smiled, looking at the rotting corpses of the undead. "So do we, my friend!"

Krig surveyed the party again. "You friends," he announced.

Kogi strode up beside Gebohq. "We are headed for the Citadel of Merlin. Have you any news from there?"

Krig frowned. "Sit-a-dell?"

"Uh, yes, you know, Merlin's big castle..."

"Me go past big house in green forest. Not dead like forest here."

"Yes, that's the one. Is there any news from there?"

"Krig no see news. Only birdies." He patted his stomach.

Kogi looked at Gebohq, then at the others who had just entered the clearing. The obvious look in his eyes was: this guy's insane!

Gebohq tried yet again. "Did you see anyone at the-ah- big house?"

"Yah. Krig see pretty lady, give directions to dwarf place. Krig go to dwarf place for get help for friends. Smelly ones attack friends, Krig go for help. Krig kill many smelly ones. Dwarfs help Krig, dwarfs fierce warriors like Krig."

"Aren't you a dwarf?" asked bug.

"Krig no dwarf! Krig Viking!" the man seemed outraged.

"Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"Krig go now." Krig abruptly started walking. He shouldered his way through the group, mumbling to himself. He stumped his way over towards the trees, in the direction the party had just come.

"Well..." The group stood, a little bewildered, while the short figure dissapeared into the trees. The stench of rotting corpses was becoming rather strong.

"That was unusual..."

--------------------------------------
Jason watched as the diminuative figure slowly wandered underneath his tree. It stopped, and flopped down on the ground against the trunk. Immediately, the sound of snoring could be heard.

Jason groaned. "Oh, great."

------------------
Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

KRIG THE VIKING

[This message has been edited by Krig_the_Viking (edited May 19, 2000).]
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2000-05-19, 2:58 PM #326
[ns: Yeah, I'm still here. I'll try to post once I can.]
"Maybe you like rainbows"
I can't remember what to say!!!!
Click here for my homepage.
2000-05-19, 3:19 PM #327
"Hey Krig!!!!!!" JK shouted, "I need to go to the dwarf place too!" He ran towards where Krig has gone.
"Wait JK!!" said Gebohq, "You--"
"What?!?" Shouted JK, "I heard that I could see a comet soon, if I was at the dwarf place. So, I need to go to the dwarf place!! I'll come back to Merlin's Citadel once I see it!!"
Before they could try to stop him he was gone.

// I hope that they fell for my trick, // Thought JK, // If Gebohq knew I was going back to Bazaal's Tower try to help Ping, it know be impossible for me to do it. Ping_Me saved my life, I have to save him now //

[This message has been edited by JK [Meteor] (edited May 19, 2000).]
2000-05-19, 4:00 PM #328
hehehe comic relief! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2000-05-19, 4:10 PM #329
Krig opened one eye as JK went past. He muttered something unintelligeble, flopped his head down, and went back to sleep. In the tree above, JK's departure caused no small disturbance.

"One of them's leaving!"came the harried whisper from Rynard."We didn't plan for this!"

"One of us will just have to follow him" Siren was hovering a foot above a thick limb.

"No, that would weaken the rest of us too much. Just place a tracer spell on him and continue with the origional plan." Mason said. "Meanwhile we'll have to wait until the others are out of hearing range to deal with this annoyance." He gestured at the slumbering, drooling barbarian below them.

Jason began casting the tracer spell.

------------------
Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

KRIG THE VIKING
2000-05-20, 2:50 PM #330
(Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys. Finals times and all that, plus the story is just plain getting kinda hard to get into. I think the recent drama has stirred me up little though, so I should be posting again (I hope!) I suppose it doesn't help that I feel like I'm tampering with same grand epic either! I don't wanna screw anything up! Anyway, it's time for "Scout's Thoughts"...

---------------------------------------------

"Man, I didn't expect this trip to take so long," Scout puffed as the party continued hiking northward back to the citadel. Overhead, the sky was darkening with an oncoming thunderstorm, and the group could see flashes of lightning off in the distance. "It'd sure be nice to have a dragon to cart us around again. Or even that stupid giant bird!"

The others just looked at Scout as she rambled. "Giant bird?" bug asked.

"Yeah, giant bird," Scout nodded. "It smelled like a chicken coop, but at least it was better than this." She motioned to the path they were following. "Even with the whole falling from 5,000 feet part, I'd take that trip again anytime."

"Oh yeah?" bug replied, "but, uh, imagine what would happen if that thing tried to peck your eyes out. *WHAVM!* *WHAVM!* *WHAVM!* No more head. And it's be really hard to fight even without a head, let me tell ya."

Kogi shook his head. "And to think I had such high hopes for you people."

"Hey!"

"Hold on a second," Gebohq interrupted, holding out his hand for silence. "What's that sound?"

Scout sighed. "Does it sound dangerous enough for me to dump my bedroll, water bottle, china set, llama feed, eggplant and candlestick holders so that I can draw my sword of much undead killing? Hey, is that redundant?"

"Does she always ramble on in this manner?" Antestarr wanted to know.

"Oddly enough, no," bug replied.

"Guys, are you listening?" Geb interrupted again. "Whatever it is, it's getting closer."

Convinced of the need to defend themselves, the group then set aside their personal items and drew their various and sundry pointy objects and prepared themselves for whatever was coming through the woods at them.

After a few moments, something big and unstoppable-looking pushed it's way through the canopy. It was like a huge narrow egg, the outside dry and leathery, with a dozen little legs at the bottom which propelled it onto the path.

Wary of the grody monstrosity, the group backed away, alert for any attack the thing was about to launch. Stopping in the middle of the path, the creature began to turn slowly this way and that, as if trying to decide which way it wanted to face. Finally the pod plopped down on the ground, the many legs now becoming simple support.

"This is not normal," Geb commented. "Could Bazaal have sent this thing after us?"

"I've never heard of anything like this before," bug answered. "But after that shadowy nightmare thing, we can probably expect almost anything."

"Reminds me of Carnid," Scout put in. "I hope that joker isn't going to jump out at us again."

Before the group could continue their speculations, however, the pod made a deep burbling noise. Without a cue, the tip of the thing popped open, and the leathery exterior folded open like a big ugly flower with four petals. Inside the newly opened beast was what looked like an organic fountain filled with wet, mucusy pockets. It's flaps folded all the way to the ground, it just sat there, pulsing slightly.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm intimidated," Scout said, breaking the silence.

"I'm confused," bug said. "What...? I mean, just... what?"

Just at that moment, thunder rumbled through the air, and a sheet of hard rain dumped itself on their heads. Before them, the once-dry creature was quickly gathering water in it's many pockets and pouches.

Scout brushed long, soaked strands of hair out of her face. "Oh."

[This message has been edited by Scout (edited May 20, 2000).]
2000-05-20, 3:14 PM #331
Neat thingy! Whatever it is. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Ping_Me (edited May 21, 2000).]
2000-05-20, 5:13 PM #332
YAY! Scout's back. Wonder how many others are taking their finals...and I'm thinking you liek eggs, don't you Scout? lol.

Oh, and point of interest--the Bible, teh best selling book, was written by multiple authors. Just htough I'd point that out...

-Geb

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited May 20, 2000).]
2000-05-21, 5:29 PM #333
Randon massaged the bridge of his nose. He was sitting on Sakana's throne, pondering the war, and what he was going to do. As Steward of the Throne, it was his duty to take care of everything that Sakana had taken care of previously, and that included the war with Bazaal. He had confirmed the presence of Dark Wizards within Elven territory, masquerading as elves. He had no idea, however, as to what they were up to.

As for the battle itself, his soldiers were becoming weary, and morale was low. After warding off wave after wave of undead soldiers, they had begun to think that there was no hope. They were suffering heavy casualties as a consequence, and this caused even lower morale.

And, to top it all off, two of his best guards had been last seen running through camp with soiled clothing, yelling like crazy. That had been weeks ago. He just didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, a guard burst into the room.
"Your highness, a messanger brings news from the front!"

"Send him in." not more bad news.

The guard dissapeared, and shortly a road weary elf in tattered robes and an arm in a sling entered the throne room.
"Sir, I bring news of the battle..."

"What is it?"

"Sir, we've run into trouble. As well as the ordinary undead, the fifth regiment has begun to encounter horrible new creatures! They stand at least as tall as the trees, and bear the appearance of enormous ogres covered in fur! No weapons do them damage, not even the catapults! We've suffered major casualties!"

"Do these new creatures seem to be undead as well?"

"We cannot tell, sir. They do smell horrible, according to those who've had encounters with them and lived."

Randon shook his head, and rested it on a palm. "What of the other regiments?"

"We've had reports that the fourth regiment has had brushes with similar creatures, and no one has heard from the sixth regiment for weeks."

"Oh, great. Is there anything else?"

"No, sir."

"Good. You are dismissed."

As the messenger left, Randon moved to the map of the elven kingdom, and removed the flag representing the sixth regiment. He sighed, and began to think on this new information.

----------*********----------

Krig awoke under the tree. He pondered why he had awakened, and put it down to the unfamiliar sounds of the southern forests. He arose, and started out down the path towards the dwarvin kingdom.

In the tree, Jason halted the fireball spell he had been casting.

"Why did you stop?" Inquired Mason, angrily.

"There is no use in killing another innocent. Besides, we need to catch up to the other party."

Mason glared at Jason suspiciously, but didn't say anthing more. The four dark wizards floated out of the tree and continued after the champions of Merlin.

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING
2000-05-22, 4:43 PM #334
(NSP: Can't post... too tired... where is everyone?)

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING
2000-05-22, 5:04 PM #335
Shawn stood on the balcany watching the rain fall. He looked out at the elven forest and then to the Misty Mountains. Images of the battle with the Bio-roids flashed in his head. //Just how much has my world changed. Has the Teckless corporation been crushed and something more powerfull taken over the land, or have things stayed the same.//

//I wish I could have tested my abilites against those monstrosities before Merlin teleported them away.// Shawn smashed his fist into the stone railing, cracking the railing and cutting his fist open. He brought his hand up and watched as the blood created trails down his arm, striving to reach the ground.

"Are you alright?" a soft voice came from behind him. He didn't need to turn around to see who it was. "I'm alright Lina." he said as he turned around. "But, your bleeding." she said reaching for his hand. "It's nothing, it'll heal in a day or two." Lina looked at him with much concern. //Why does he seem so distant? What is he hiding from me? Maybe I should ask Merlin, after all, he is the wisest one out of all of us. No *shakeing her head*, if I did that, Shawn would feel betrayed.// "Are you alright." Lina looked up startled. "Yeah, nothing to worry about." she said as she walked to him and kissed him on the check. She turned around and walked back to her room.

Shawn watched her // I'm lucky to have such an understanding person like you.// He looks out to the storm again. // After all that I've done to you, I'm surprised that you still want to be with me.//

"I hope they get back alright." Shawn heard Sakana say as he walked to the balcany. "Yeah, I'm sure Bazaal has made things difficult for them." Shawn said sticking his hand out into the rain to wash the blood from his hand. "I can heal that for you if you want." Shawn looked to Sakana and shook his head. "You don't like to take the easy way out of things do you Shawn." Shawn looked out at the rain, as if he didn't hear Sakana. "Are you alright?" Sakana said tapping him on the shoulder. "Yeah, I can't explain it, but I sense something's out there." Sakana faced Shawn somewhat intriged. "What do you mean?" Sakana said as Shawn turned around and leaned up against the railing. "I just get this feeling about things everyonce in awhile. It just popped up and feels like a snake waiting to strike. I'm not sure what it means, but I'm sure that were in for a battle sooner than everyone thinks." Sakana stood their in silence, not sure what to make of it. "Yeah, I know it sounds crazy so, just forget about it." Shawn said as he walked to his room.

Sakana looked at the ground in deep thought. He noticed a red glimmer out of the corner of his eye and looked up. He knew that the ruby red trail lead to Shawn's room. Sakana sighed and went back to the seat that he had next to the fire.

[nsp] Ok, it's not much, but then again, I can't think of much to put. [nsp]

------------------
"I can become enraged like Vegeta, if i smile, run...................very fast."

-"Life is cheap, especially mine." -Hero Yui

"Semper Fi"

[This message has been edited by Shawn Templar (edited May 22, 2000).]
-"Life is cheap.....especially mine." -Hero Yui
2000-05-23, 7:35 AM #336
(NSP: As for last night, I didn't get the chance to get online, and as for the current situation, I'm waiting fer good ol' Merlin, since I think he'd be best at the little reunion thing. And I'm assuming Ping will resolve his own situation with Ping, Pristine, and now, JK (whether he gets back in time is another thing...and how. The boat, most likely, would have already gone back *though I suppose "delays in supplies" could be a valid excuse*). And good post Krig w/ the Elves...I suppose some of the to-be clerics under Jaccik can be elves. oh, a question to anyone: who wants to introduce some dark elves? *evil grin* Anywhere, it doesn't matter).

-Gebbers
2000-05-23, 2:57 PM #337
Dwin the dwarf rushed into the throne room in the underground caverns of the dwarves. He was breathing hard, as if he had just finished a long, hectic run, not something dwarves usually do.

"Sire, we've caught an intruder!" He panted as he hurriedly kneeled before the throne.

"An intruder? What kind of intruder? How did they get through the seals?" His Royal Majesty, King Dorwain the fifth, of the House of Cromn rose from the throne.

"You'd better come see for yourself, sire. You wouldn't beleive it if I told you."

Dorwain stepped down off the throne's floor, which was several feet higher than the rest of the throne room floor.
"You would be surprised at what I would believe, Dwin son of Bohn. Lead on."

They exited the throne room through the door Dwin had entered through, a trail of six guards and assorted court members following the king. Dwin started down the tunnels at a stiff pace, but slowed down when he found that the king was falling behind, taking his time.

"One of the stone giants managed to break open one of the seals. It managed to get as far as the east storage rooms, before the hallways became too small for it."

"So our intruder is a stone giant?"

"No sire--I mean it is an intruder, but..."

"Not the one you were refering to."

"No sire. The one I was referring to was found trying to do battle with the stone giant."

"WHAT??" The King stopped and turned to face the other dwarf, incredulously "By himself??"

"Yes sire"Dwin responded "He was trying to...here we are"

Dwin had stopped, and was pointing up the tunnel. A troop of five soldiers was struggling to carry a viscious, thrashing figure down the hall, in the direction of the king. Abruptly, the thrashing man chomped down on one of the guards' hands, and the guard jumped up in pain, releasing the prisoner. The prisoner took the opportunity to break away from the rest of the guards, taking the opportunity to kick one in the groin.

The king now had a clear look at the prisoner. He was approximately the same height as the king, but his helmet had fallen off and the king could see that he was not a dwarf. He had a red beard that ended in two braids, and was wearing a dirty blue tunic and a dirty, tan coloured cape.

As the prisoner looked wildly around for a means of escape, the king's six guards rushed out from behind the king and tackled the man, at the same time as the other three soldiers who were not injured.

As the king looked down on the pile up, a hand extended from the bottom, holding a scroll. The king bent ponderously, and took the scroll, flipping it over. His eyes grew wide.

On the scroll was the seal of the House of Cromn, a seal that had not been seen or used for fifty years.

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING
2000-05-24, 3:31 PM #338
*Randon continued to rub the bridge of his nose, feeling that doing so somehow helped him think quicker and clearer. He was on the edge of a thought that he felt would tell him what to do with the new information he had when Captian K'Jar and Major Alimsa stepped in at the same time, halting his train of thought.*

"Sir!" K'Jar and Alimsa said at the same time. They both looked at each other in surprise, as if they just noticed each other. Then, they both started saying "You. But--how--" at the same time.

"What is it?" Randon interrupted them, his voice hinting stress.

*The two stood there silent, waiting for the other to speak. Just as K'Jar was about to talk, Alimsa spoke up.*

"We've heard news that Bazaal's wizards will be attacking us, sir."

"Tell me something I don't know," Randon sighed.

"These wizards are within our own people," K'Jar said, "and within the other races too."

"You mean they're shape-shifters?" Randon questioned.

"No," Alimsa said despondantly. "He means that some of them are our people. Bazaal lured them to work for him."

"That's ridiculous," Randon uttered.

"I found it hard to believe myself, sir," K'Jar said, "but with the news of our regiments, how else could you explain them?"

*Randon sighed. He said dismally "So what can I do about it?"

"Let us go to the Fairy race and ask for their assistance," Alimsa proposed.

"The Fairy race?" Randon said. "I can't see them helping us, not in these times." Randon looked at the two, and realized that there was no reason not to try. "Fine. Try your luck."

"Thank you sir" the two said. They then left, leaving Randon to mutter about wishing Sakana was there to deal with the situations at hand.
-------------------------------
*South of the central river, the humans had their own problems. The fist-sized black bees, with the stinger of a scorpion, had continued to infest two other colonies. Yet, the humans were too confused to know what to do. They ha dsimply sent messangers to teh village in the north, hoping to recieve aid. The humans were even considering to venture into the desert, were the fearsome Orca dwelled in his tower. They thought, at least they had not been driven from their homes as the merfolk had been, or enslaved by Bazaal as the Stygians. They also realized that their fate may fall on them soon enough.*
------------------------------
*In his dark fortress, Bazaal paced quickly down his corridors. As he did, he passed a room, filled with young people of all races. They were surrounding Jaccik, who was teaching these to-be dark clerics what Bazaal wanted them to know. From elves to humans and merfolk, and even a few dwarves: they had all come on their own free will. He watched briefly as Jaccik struck down an elf who had not performed a spell correctly.*

*He had more important matters to attend to then to watch over Jaccik and make sure he did as Bazaal asked. After an amazingly short time for any other unfortunate resident who were known to get lost in the fortress for days, Bazaal stepped into a darkened room. A solitary light was lite dramatically from below the single object in the center of the room. His minions had brought the object in, as they had with Jaccik. He called his minions that were standing outside to bring in the wood elf.*

*As they prepared to bring the elf in, Bazaal looked at the object floating in the light. It was a man, encased in a semi-transparent orb, glimmering with colors: from yellow to orange and red, to purple, then blue, and so on. A light hum could be heard, which was almost musical and mathced the shimmering colors. Bazaal turned to his side as the small elf, shaking before him and holding a flute, was shoved to the ground. After his minions left, Bazaal spoke with his intiminating voice.*

"Do you know the Song of Drenya, as you said you did before to my guards?"

"Y-y-y-yes, I d-do" the elf stammered, and after a short pause, quickly said, "Your Greatness."

"Then play it," Bazaal ordered. "On your flute."

*Only hesitating for a few seconds, the elf put teh flute to his mouth and began to play a beautiful and almost sorrowful tune that strangly matched the humming of the orb. After several minutes, the elf finished. Bazaal quickly sent the elf out as teh orb began to flicker and fade away. The orb lowered the body, and as it faded out of existance, the man stood before him, his legs not use to standing. His name was Volsang.*

*The man named Volsang was a former wizard and had terrorized many people, until he was imprisioned by the Song of Drenya. He was a powerfully built man, yet somehow deathly looking at the same time. His eyes were so black they were vacent, and his head was bald of hair, save a few single strands of black hair. He wore a black outfit, an outfit that showed nothing about his personality. He was what some would think of as a corperal version of the Grim Reaper.*

"Volsang, dark wizard of pure destruction." Bazaal said, his voice never faltering in front of the man. "You will serve me well."
------------------------------
*JK_Meteor was continuing his journey to Bazaal's fortress, making haste, for he knew every second counted if he was to help Ping and Pristine. Yet, the sickness brought on by Raivus in the shadow dimension was festering within him, and the symtoms that had been there before Antestarr came were coming back. His goosebumps, larger than usual, begun to move through his skin. He began to feel chills, and would shake his head and neck every once in a while involuntarily. JK simply thought to himself that he would make it, and would endue the pain.*

-----------
"I have changed. I'm not as sure as when we started." Jesus to God -- Jesus Christ Superstar

.:Gebohq:.
2000-05-24, 5:46 PM #339
(If your going to involve dark elves (proper name is Drow a sub group of the Elves) let me handle it. I have an idea. But give me sometime. Right now, I'm doing something else. Also I wanted to clear up something. The Stygians, are not undead, they are a unique race unto themselves for the sake of this story).

Now the full moon rose in the night sky as the clouds parted. Bazaal was ready.

There on the table near his vials and tubes and many other magical potions lay the potion he had created in accordance to the fobidden knowledge from the old archives back on the world he and Merlin had left. It was the a potion he had prepared for this night as the first step toward his own personal immortality! It would not give him the complete and final immortality he sought, that would only come to him when he weilded the gates of Hell, for he sought to gain the immortality of the dark fallen angels. But this was his first step.

He sealed the doors and was alone. Now he alone in the darkness he would take this step.

He gorged himself upon the vile potion. Then the change began. Bazaal felt his heart beat quicken, then his breath become shallowed. He reeled. Then he felt violent convulsions in his torso, as if his heart, lungs and all other internal organs were contracting inward. He doubbled over as he vomited up what looked to be at least a gallon of blood staining the black stones a ruddy crimson. He fell to his knees and threw back his head and howled, as his eye rolled up into his head and then rolled back into nothingness. He flesh shrivled and tightened about his bones and it turned brown and leathery. His head now jerked forward and gazing into his empty shadowed eye socket two feirce pin points of red light, burning hatred, burned their in as eyes.

Bazaal was now a lich, an undead. Yet not truly immortal. But now aging now in terms of eons, but still open to being destroied by mortal and godly hands.

He now removed his his gauntlets and layed them on the arms of his throne, revealing his new dagger sharp finger tips for he would no longer need them.

Now Bazaal opened the doors and summoned his undead gaurds with a thought.

"Bring me the last remaining Stygians." Bazaal commanded mentally.

The guards brought in five Stygians. Literally the last of them. Not that the other Stygians were under Bazaal's control, their were literally none left. Bazaal had begun his campain of genocide and slaughtered all but these remaining five, which he kept imprisioned. Now they where brought before him.

One by one Bazaal dug his clawed skeletal hands into their skulls and as his clawed hand glowed he vampirically drained their life energy out of their bodies reducing them to dust.
"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin that which dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me."

~St. Paul to the church in Rome recorded in Romans 7:15-20.

So that we are set free from sin by Jesus, so we celebrate his birth on Christmas. Remeber this day with joy, when the angels sang, peace on earth good will toward men.

~Merlin
2000-05-24, 6:23 PM #340
Now Bazaal decided to enjoy himself. He traveled through the twisted corridors until he arrived at one of his torture chambers.

There chained to the wall naked and dirty, one among many of the elves they had captured, was a young Elven maiden, whose belly was swollen in her last months of pregnancy. She had been this way when they captured her. Bazaal stood there, his gaunt skeletal form casting shadows on the wall from the torches.

"Unchain her." Bazaal said in a rasping dry voice void of humanity.

The guards unchained her. She cringed there trying to cover herself, holding still to some last vestiges of modesty. Bazaal withdrew a flask from his robes.

"Drink it!" he ordered.

"No!" she shouted back at him.

"Do it, or I will kill you unborn child!" Bazaal rasped back coldly.

She paused there, cradelding and stroking her belly.

"DRINK IT!" Bazaal screeched!

She took the flask in hand with tears streaming down her face. She drank the potion. Suddenly she felt he abdomen contract. She immediately thought she was going into labor. She lay down, but found her breath quickening. She felt the urget to push, but every time she did she felt only a spasm of agonizing pain as the child didn't move. She lay their screaming thrashing about on the floor as Bazaal watched unfeelingly. Finally she grew still and died due to interal bleeding. Bazaal deftly leaned over and slit open her womb with his dagger sharp finger tip. Then reaching inside he withdrew and baby Elven boy and a baby Elven girl. The childrens skin was grey their eyes dark. He carried these children to a nearby room, their he cast haste spells on them aging them far faster than normal until they were adults. He smiled abjectly what little skin remained drawn tight around his teeth.

Now he lead them down deep into underground caverns they followed obediently. They knew him as if they were part of him, and he called them fondly his children race, the Dark Elves or Drow. They would worship him in the coming days when the world was dark and no sun or moon shown. But untill then he ordered them to "be fruitful and multiply" her in the subteranian world, the Underdark. There they would be left alone to grow, unhindered by any.

(I did this basically so I could introduce the creation of the Dark Elves for something else I'm doing on my site, please don't take off from this.)
"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin that which dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me."

So that we are set free from sin by Jesus, so we celebrate his birth on Christmas. Remeber this day with joy, when the angels sang, peace on earth good will toward men.

~Merlin
2000-05-25, 3:39 PM #341
(NSP: I'm too lazy to go back and edit my last post, so to tell you all--forget about Volsang. We have too many dark wizards as it is to keep track of. And I'll try to keep my sub-plots out too and focus on the main story. And Merlin--i thought Jeckell and Hyde when I read your post, and thought at first it wasn't appropriate, but reconsidered--he vanadlizes his own body in rejection of God. Maybe you didn't think of that, I dunno. I just keep seeing too many hidden moral messages to throw in now! ARGH! lol)

-Geb

In response to post below--I don't mind, if you want to, but I'd go over it with Merlin first, make sure it doesn't interfere with his master plan ("mwahaha"'s are heard in the background) Merlin, how many times do I have to tell you--mad scientist-style writers are out, Abrocrombie&Fitch-style writers are in (that's right, barely wearing any clothes, and the clothes they do somehow advertise A&F. *shudder). Whoops, got off the subject there.

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited May 26, 2000).]
2000-05-26, 12:57 PM #342
(Volsang's too good to waste. Don't worry, he won't be just another Dark Wizard, though...)

Bazaal approached the room in which Volsang had been for the past two days, recuperating from his long imprisonment. Bazaal knew that what he had planned for Volsang would never work if Volsang were weak and unstable. Bazaal chuckled despite himself. What he had planned for Volsang was quite unusual.

A flake of skin fell off of Bazaal's arm as he turned the corner towards Volsang's quarters. Bazaal reflected on his new appearance. If anything, he thought, it only made him look more handsome and dashing. Sure, his skin was peeling off, and turning black from gangrene, but he felt his skin was too pasty and soft before. And his eyes... whenever he looked into a mirror, he felt a surge of power that shuddered up his spine, from gazing into those blazing eyes.

He came to the door to Volsang's room. A voice rang out from within.
"Enter, Bazaal."

Bazaal was slightly surprised. After all, he had been sheilding his presence. No matter, all worries from Volsang would soon be resolved.

Bazaal blew open the door, his hands still clasped behind his back. He entered with that intimidating stride of his.
"Hello, Volsang, how have you been feeling? Better?" Bazaal uttered in a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Bazaal." Volsang was sitting in the lotus position on a pillow, located in the centre of the room. "I have been well for two days now. I see that you have quite the operation here."

Bazaal chuckled again. It wasn't a happy chuckle. "I control most of this world. When I have finished, none shall challenge me. I shall reign supreme."

Volsang arose, his joints cracking. "But you have not finished yet. I have only been here for two days, and I have found numerous flaws in your strategy. You've done well to get this far, but you are incompetent. What is needed is for someone to take over here, to lead this land to glory."

Bazaal suddenly threw back his head and laughed. When he finished, he looked straight at Volsang, his expression deadly serious. He knew his eyes would be unerving, even to someone such as Volsang. "You think that you can defeat me? By yourself?"

Volsang countered the feiry glare with one of his own. "All those years that I was imprisoned, I was not unconcious. My power has been increasing each day for over a thousand years. I know more than any living mortal."

Bazaal slowly brought his face to a smile. "I know that, Volsang. That is why I sought you out."

Volsang straightened. "If you think that I would lower myself to your pitiful level, just to join you, you are a fool. It would be much easier to simply kill you."

Bazaal continued to smile. "Oh, I don't want you to join me." A look of confusion spread on Volsang's face. "I have no need for another Dark Wizard."

With that, Bazaal's arms suddenly flew out with blinding speed! They slammed into Volsang's head with the force of a bolt of lightening! Deadly claws drilled into Volsang's brain, and light began to flash. There was an inaudible thwoomp, and everything in the room shed its covering of dust.

Bolts of electricity and raw energy flashed around the room, as Volsang attempted to defend himself. They flashed the bed into two pieces, and burt the walls black wherever they touched. Sparks of light began gathering at Bazaal's chest, and grew into a blazing ball of light. It split into two and traveled up to his shoulders, grew brighter again, and flashed down his arms and into Volsang's head with the speed of lightning. Volsang gave an enormous jerk, almost wrenching free of Bazaal's grasp, and hung limp. Small bubbles began forming under the skin of Volsang's face, and traveled up through Bazaal's arms and up his neck. Bazaal held him like this for a minute, then threw the lifeless husk that had been Volsang to the floor. It did not move.

Bazaal could feel it inside of himself, the dark magnificence of Volsang's power. Bazaal had nearly doubled his power in one fell swoop. He could feel it, not even Gebohq weilding the Concilium eX Deo could harm him, or Merlin. He was the sole power in the world, none could possibly challenge him. He had but one task to complete, and he would be totally and completely invincible. He grinned widely now. Not even God himself would challenge him when he was finished.

Bazaal turned to Volsang's corpse as he reached the door. His finger twitched, and Volsang ignited in a flash of blue flame. A small black mark was left on the floor.

Bazaal left through the doorway. He didn't bother to close the door. It was only hanging by one hinge anyway.

Outside, the roaring laugh of a maniac could be heard by everyone within miles.

[This message has been edited by Krig_the_Viking (edited May 27, 2000).]
2000-05-27, 1:26 PM #343
(NSP: Shouldn't mess with anything, I don't think.)

------------------
My mind is like a sponge, it soaks up a lot... but it leaks

KRIG THE VIKING

2000-05-28, 5:07 AM #344
(NSP: Ohh...ahh...nice post Krig. Me like. You gave Volsang more of a personality than I had sen him, but it's still good and better yet--Volsang was taken care of AND made Bazaal that much shniftyer. Now the other dark wizards have a reason to do as Bazaal says, and who knows? He just might do the same to them anyways. Mwahahahahaha....)

And to post below--not quite. The longest thread (in teh Massassi Temple) was the Massassi Board skin pack: a whoppin' 800-some. We'll get over that though (and these posts are MUCH longer than those were, so you gotta take that into consideration too [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif])

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited May 28, 2000).]
2000-05-28, 2:45 PM #345
(NSP: Ya know, if ya combine Saga of the Third War(which I just recently found) and Shadows of Darkness, we might just have the longest continuing tread in the history of massassi. that would be cooool.)
(I don't really wanna post anything until someone else does... )
------------------

KRIG THE VIKING

[This message has been edited by Krig_the_Viking (edited May 28, 2000).]
2000-05-28, 8:07 PM #346
NON STORY REPLY ---

ok, I've been, um... dead. yeah, that's it. I've been dead since the beginning of page 8. Anyone want to give me a rundown of what's happened so I don't have to spend 10+ hours of my life reading?
‹^› //‹{°;°}›\\ ‹^›
2000-05-30, 4:01 AM #347
(NSP: I'm not tellin 'im.... read it, bug, it don't take that long...)

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING

2000-05-30, 3:32 PM #348
(Hmm...oh-where, oh-where could MerlinandPing be? Oh-where, oh-where could they beeee? I dunno about the rest of ya, but I was kind of relying on Merl' babe to post for teh reunion. I'm sure he's got things keeping him busy and all, and the same goes for Ping. OK, so this was just an excuse to post *bows head in shame* Well, I'm off like a prom dress [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif])

-Your Daily Geb News-
2000-05-30, 3:59 PM #349
(NSP: ...off like a...OH! Heehee...
Yes, I am also waiting for Merl or Ping or SOMEBODY to post SOMETHING. This is also just an excuse to post. *Also lowers head in shame*)
2000-05-31, 3:45 PM #350
*The now five fighters of good stood in a dumbfounded state as they stared at the giant...egg that collected the water from the spitting rain. Gebohq's mind, as usual, drifted off for, what was really only seconds, seemed like an immeasurable amount of time.*

*The huge egg, and the words Scout spoke, made Gebohq think about his encounter with Carnid. "One of you will die", he had said, yet they had all lived. As far as Gebohq knew though, Carnid still lived too, with Time itself as his slave.*

*The though of servitude made Gebohq think about his past with JK_Meteor (who, until any other writers object, is also Avenger). Before Gebohq even knew of Merlin and Bazaal or any of the others, he had known JK. And they had not always been friends.*

*Once when Gebohq and JK were but children, they lived in a kingdom, ruled by royalty and toiled by slaves and servants. JK was born in royalty, and, though Gebohq's mother was an advisor to the royal family, his father was a mere servent to them. Gebohq was treated as a slave until he had rescued JK from wild animals at a pre-adolesent age. Ever since then, Gebohq and JK were the closest of friends, Gebohq now being raised by his mother, though was allowed to visit his father.*

*The two of them later found out the truths of their own kingdom, and the hidden cruelties within, and both moved out, traveling the neighboring lands. At some point during their travels, they had stepped into the dimensional portal to Merlin's Citadel. Now thinking about his past, Gebohq didn't like the idea that his good actions could indeed be motivated simply by having experience of the nastier side of life.*

"C'mon," Gebohq sighed to the others. "We should get going befoer night falls."

*The other four had began to talk among themselves, and a hint of disorder ran through the group.*

"What do you think that thing had come from?" Scout questioned.

"I bet it's one of Bazaal's rejects," bug snickered, and the both of them started laughing.

"Not a surprise," Kogi interjected, "considering even the Evil One's motives are flawed."

"I wonder if it's worth the effort to use my magic to stop this annoying rain..." Antestarr said.

"We need to concentrate on our task!" Gebohq said in a raised voice. "Let's get moving now."

*The others looked at each other, questioning Gebohq's negative attitude. bug then turned to Scout and said "Looks like Geb woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."
-------------------------------------------
*Meanwhile, having lost all form of collectiveness the earth spiders held nine years ago, they scuttled over top of each other, cutting their way through the rock walls as if it was paper, and towards the kitchen...*
--------------

"Everything you know is wrong, black is white, up is down and short is long, and everything you thought was just so important doesn't matter..." --"Wierd Al" Yankovic

d|Gebohq|b

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited June 02, 2000).]
2000-05-31, 4:35 PM #351
(No can wait.)

King Dorwain examined the scroll carefully. It appeared to be authentic. He got out his cerimonial dagger, tucked beside his not so cerimonial axe, to open the paper.

Just then, there was a comotion in the hallway behind them. One of the royal chefs ran up, panting because of his wide girth.

"Sire, the spiders are approaching here fast! They went through the kitchens, and killed all the other chefs!"

The king looked serious. The guards all got off of Krig and took defensive positions around the king.

"How much time do we have?" The chief guard asked.

"They're right..."

The chef had no further need to speak, as the spiders appeared in the hallway directly behind him.

Krig grasped his axe and uttered a feral growl.

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING

2000-06-01, 7:26 PM #352
(NSP: Sorry I haven't posted lately. You know how it is, a little writer's block and then you get a job where they schedule you from 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM... 4 times a week! Oh well, here goes.)

*Jaccik retired from his teaching. He had been at it for 6 hours straight and it seemed that some of his students showed great potential. He entered his room and immediately approached the window. Leaning on the edge, he stared off into space trying to concentrate between the assorted screams and laughs. Finally, he got fed up and threw his arm into the air. Immediately a beam of pure white energy flew from his hand to the sky, scattering the various clouds and revealing the moon. //Dammit Antestarr! I know you're around here somewhere! I feel your presence, but I sense you blocking me from actually finding you, just as I know you're responsible for keeping us from reaching our utmost potential. Why do you feel you must always counter me? You must understand by now that we could make the ultimate team, but you feel your destiny is to keep me in check. Honestly, I don't know what you would do without me. You just don't seem to grasp that a man's destiny is not laid out for him, but it is what he makes it. If only you could have found that out...// The wear of the day's work began to get to Jaccik. He walked to the door to his room and ordered a servant to fetch him some food. He then lay down on his bed to rest before his meal came.*
---------------------------
*Antestarr felt a shiver run up his spine. For just a moment, he felt as if he didn't need to stand against Jaccik. He quickly dismissed the thought and continued on with the party.*

------------------
~Antestarr
"She heard about a place people were smiling. Spoke about the red man's ways, and how they loved the land. They came from everywhere to the great divide, seeking a place to stand or a place to hide."
The Last Resort, by The Eagles
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2000-06-02, 11:59 AM #353
(NSP: I edited my last post to include a story response like I promised. A little extra now...)

*JK_Meteor, having caught a boat back down the central river and jumped off at the mouth of the river, was now hiking alongside the edge of a cliff south of Bazaal's fortress. JK easily defended himself from the occasional group of undead warriors, though not as easily as he would have liked, with his illness coming back and all.*

*He reached the corneredge of the cliff, from it now being able to see Bazaal's entire fortress, and the ghetto-manifested post surrounding it. As he was about to make his way down the cliffside, a non-coporal being blocked his path, most likely another one of Bazaal's experiments with the technology he used to make Pristine. At best, it could be described as a swampish-colored cloud taking the vague form of a wolf, electricity flowing through all of it.*

*JK, in a combative instinct, swung his sword at it. Before he could realize to himself teh consequences, the electricity jumped from the cloud and onto JK's sword, giving him a literal shock. Thinking clearer now, JK kept his distance, waiting for it to attack first while thinking of a way to defeat it.*

*Just as he thought of the perfect plan, the thing leaped out towards him, and JK barely strafed it's electric bolts; claws ready to tear him apart. JK then made a mad dash down the cliff, the thing floating down and following him. When he reached the bottom of the cliff, he ran to the edge of the river by Bazaal's fortress, his back facing the river. He drew out his sword, waiting for it to leap at him again.*

*As anticipated, the thing leaped out at JK, and JK strafed its attack. The creature landed in the water, and, in a near explosion of electricity, the storm that made it what it was from within was no more. Only the swampy gas was left from it, sowly dissipating in the air. Careful to avoid even the gas, JK crossed the river and towards Bazaal's fortress.*

----------
"I don't have time to bleed" --Jesse Ventura Predator

\v/!!!!!!!!!\v/
U Gebohq U

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited June 02, 2000).]
2000-06-02, 1:27 PM #354
Gebohq and his group reached the citadel. The not so merry band entered the main entrance and saw the others siting around the fire.
Gebohq entered in first and he sharply heard a voice called from the back.

"Welcome home." Merlin said in a soft tone.

Gebohq stared at the face of the man that look as if he was looking back across a lifetime, and saw the impossilbe.

"Yes. It is I. And I am real. Come. Touch my hand and see I am no apparition." Merlin said.

Gebohq stepped foward and the room stood silent. Gebohq reached out and touched Merlin's hand. And Merlin responded by grasping Gebohq's hand in his in a gesture of friendship. And Gebohq's eyes went wide.

"How? . . ." Gebohq whispered.

"I will tell you all you must know shortly." Merlin said softly, "Welcome home, my friend."

Merlin now addressed the others, "I will speak breifly with Gebohq, then we will bring this to a close."

Now Merlin turned and Gebohq followed, and Gebohq felt as if it was not his place to here and Merlin lead him to a room nearby.

Now they stood alone in the room. The others could not hear what would be said.

"Gebohq. . . " Merlin began.

"Merlin I don't. . . I mean . . ." Gebohq started to say.

"Gebohq. . . ." Merlin said softly, "I know you left the others nine years ago. I know all that has happened. All your failures, all your sucesses, all your weaknesses and all your strengths. I forgive you, and want you to lead."

"But how can I lead? I am not like you." Gebohq said.

"You are right in that you are not like me. But that doesn't make you unfit to lead. It is not totally I that wish you to lead, but the one who sent me as well." Merlin said, "You were meant to lead."

"But what if I make a mistake. . .what if some dies. . . .what if. . " Gebohq cried.

"Do you think I intended to die? I failed, all men fail sometimes Gebohq. Have faith not only in yourself, but in God too." Merlin said.

Gebohq looked at Merlin and nodded.

"Come." Merlin said.

They emerged again into the chamber and meet the others expectant and waiting eyes.

"Together we must now go to face Bazaal, and bring this to an end. I have choosen Gebohq to lead you. I will travel with you, but I can only advise, comfort, and if ordered by he who I serve then act, otherwise I can not interfere. But I have faith in each and every one of you. You are the champions of this world. You are the Destined. But this time our crusade will not be fought in blood. This time many on the enemies side are not wholly evil and may turn to our side, some are not there by choice and will certianly join us, some will fall by their own hands. This is not a call to a War or death, but the dawn of the world's redemption. Now gather your things we march with the coming dawn!" Merlin proclaimed and with that every heart was lifted.

~Merlin
2000-06-02, 3:00 PM #355
(Finally, we're gettin somewhere...)

The guards and the king stood dumfounded as the chef was swallowed by the mass of writhing spiders. The spiders flowed over the walls, like a liquid flow of seething blackness, heading towards the king.

The erie monotony of the approaching spiders' chittering was suddenly pierced by an earsplitting yell. Not being enough room on either side of the guards, Krig clamoured over them, and launched himself into the tide of arachnids! He had procured his axe from somewhere, and commenced to the slaughtering of spiders before the spiders could even react.

Distracted by Krig, the spiders didn't even notice the dwarves launch their attack. The ones in the back were cut down without their comrades even noticing, until it was too late. Reinforcements arrived from the direction the spiders had come, and the spiders were overwhelmed in less than fifteen minutes.

After the last spider was dispatched by a blow from the king's sword, he turned to Krig, who was standing in the middle of the pile of spider innards, growling with the ferocity of a wild animal after battle. His left eye had developed a severe twitch.

The king bent and snatched the scroll from where it had fallen in the heat of the battle. After looking at it for a moment, he looked at Krig, then proceeded to tear the scroll up. He spoke.

"Stranger, we know not who you are, but you have proven yourself willing to die for our people, people you had never met. To open this scroll to validate your honesty would be a disgrace. We are in your debt." The king did a curt bow with his head.

Krig just stood in the pile of spiders, his eyes fixed upon the king as his majesty spoke. He had not understood one word.

"Krig hungry," he grunted. He turned, sat down in the pile, and pulled out a package of food from underneath his cape.

The king, not really comprehending what the short Viking was doing, stood and waited for him to explain why he had come to the kingdom of the dwarves. When it became apparent that Krig had forgotten about the king's presence, he moved over to Krig and crouched.

"Uh, strange sir, would you be so gracious as to explain why you sought us out?"

Krig stopped chewing, and looked the king squarely in the eye. The solemn effect was shattered when Krig's left eye twitched.

"Krig come long voyage."

"Truly then, you must have something to tell us."

"Krig friends need dwarfies help."

"Any friends of your's, my friend, are friends of ours."

"We go fight Bad Man. He burn Krig village. Krig burn Bad Man house."

"You are speaking of..." the king lowered his voice, as if the walls themselves had ears. "Bazaal?"

"Yah. Buzzul. We make war on Buzzul. Krig friends make seige on Buzzul house."

"Your friends are laying seige to Bazaal's fortress? How many of them are there?"

"Many. We frighten Buzzul."

"As many warriors as are in my army?"

"Four."

"I can see why you need help" the king was begining to doubt having torn the scroll up.

"No need help. Need distraction. You distract Buzzul, we fight army and break down Buzzul home."

The king slowly stood up, as he realized he was dealing with a madman.
-------------------------------
Bazaal stood on the balcony of his room, gazing out on the desolation that surrounded his abode. The newfound power swirled within him, barely contained. He shivered with anticipation when he thought of what it would be like when he had harnessed the power of Hell.

Bazaal swept his eyes over his domain one last time, seeing far more than normal, physical eyes could. They would be coming soon. He chuckled. They would get a rude surprise when they discovered his power.

He turned back into his room. Behind him, the massive army of the undead continued to gather, called from all corners of the globe. Nothing would stand in his way.

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING

2000-06-02, 6:08 PM #356
Meteor ran towards where he thought the sewers place must be. It was getting harder for him to see, and harder to run, too.

Ahead of him, he saw a blurred shape. He pulled out his sword, and ran forward.

"Meteor! Wait!!" said the person.

Meteor stopped and stared. But it was too hard to keep his eyes open.

"No, it couldn't be you!?" said Meteor.

"Yes, it is me. I followed you, ever since you tried to execute me."

"But I executed you!"

The person pulled a small shiny object from his belt, and threw it at Meteor. Meteor tried to block with his sword, but the shiny thing hit him, and everything faded to black......

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meteor woke up. Everything was a blur, and he couldn't think.

"Meteor! Drink this!" said a voice.

"What is it?"

"It's medicine for you."

Meteor grabbed the cup and drank it. Suddenly he remembered Jelmask.

"What was that?!?" He shouted, "It was poison!! Of course it was poison!! It was poison that takes days to work!! It closes my mouth forever!!"

"No," said the person, Jelmask, "It really was medicine."

"But, you want to get revenge on me for executing you!"

"I want to get revenge on Gebohq more. If you will go back to him and bring him alone to me, I won't cut your head off."

[This message has been edited by JK [Meteor] (edited June 02, 2000).]
2000-06-02, 6:27 PM #357
(NSP: Who's Jelmask? Was he mentioned before, or a new person? And this should be very interesting...JK trying to lure Gebohq to his death, after being his best friend for most of his life. Very interesting indeed...)

"I could never hurt any of the guys against Bazaal, especially Gebohq," JK said. "We've been closest friends for almost all my life!"

"You're not going to do anything to him," Jelmask said calmly. "You're just going to bring him to where I want him."

"But I know what you're going to do to him," JK sneered.

"If Gebohq can't defend himself against me," Jelmask pointed out, "he's not worth having in you're resistance against Bazaal. If you don't do as I ask, I'll have to inform Bazaal of your exact plans against him."

"Like you know," JK almost laughed.

"I submitted you to subconsciously tell me when you thought you were passed out," Jelmask said. "Now, you can either not choose to do ask I ask and endager your friends, or you can get Gebohq where I want him, and not only does Bazaal not have to know, but I can help your friends in other ways."

*JK was about to say something in disbelief of his word when he felt something rising in his chest. Moments later, he threw up. Jelmask looked him in hte eyes.*

"That was my medicine at work, Meteor," Jelmask said with a low voice. "Your body has now ejected the illness you carried within you. If I was really lying, as you say, why then would I cure you?"

*JK sat in a confused state of mind, trying to think of a good reason why. He could think of no alternative.*
----------

"Let it go" --Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

:?Gebohq¿:

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited June 03, 2000).]
2000-06-03, 12:43 PM #358
"So what's you're plan then, Merlin? How will we attack Bazaal?" Gebohq ask.

"Have you not been listening to what he's said?" Scout nearly yelled. "We're not going to be fighting. We're going to reach the root of the problem and fight a war in the heart."

"Well, that sounds all nice and dandy," bug interjected, "but what do you suggest. Walk up to Bazaal and say 'Please Oh-Evil one. Can't you see that all you're power is rejecting you from God?' Somehow, I don't think he cares."

"There's got to be something we can do," Lina said. "Merlin, can't you just go up to Bazaal and...and... use your power to strip Bazaal's of his?"

"No Lina, I can not. For it is not my power, but His," Merlin said, looking up when he said "His".

"Well then what are you doing here?" Shawn yelled. "If you can't even fight against Bazaal. I thought you came to overpower him, not preach about changing the world!"

"Maybe we should just try using the Consilium ex Deo against Bazaal," Ji'tory commented. As everyone looked at the sword which Reyuan held, Ji'Tory continued. "We coudl have stopped him last time with it, why not now?"

*As the others continued to think about what Ji'Tory said, Scout drew closer to it. For unknown reasons, she was compelled to touch it. When she did, the sword gave off a bright glow, and, as if touching a flame, Scout drew her hand away. She then fell down and screamed in agony. Everyone turned their attention to Scout, who was now on the floor in a fetal position.*

"Not again! AHHHH!!!" Scout screamed. Everyone was befuddled by her comment, all except Merlin, who looked sadly at Scout. Sakana turned to Reyuan and said "Again?" Scout the opened up her mouth to a disproportionant size, the blackness inside her mouth engulfing her body, turning inside-out. She had arched her back in pain, and as the blackness covered her body, the convulsions stopped. When teh event was finished, a black lump layed where Scout had been. Bristles of hair frizzled out of the lump, and the lump opened up to show legs and paws. What had been Scout was now Dirtbag. All except Merlin were surpised by this, because eben though some had suspisions of something, they never expected this.*

"Well well," Dirtbag chuckled, "it's good ol' Merlin and company. Long time, no see."

"Dirtbag!" Reyuan exclaimed.

"You're an observant one," Dirtbag said.

"You rat," bug growled. "I'm going to kill you here, right now-"

"bug," Merlin said calmly, looking with strong eyes at bug. bug kept himself from leaping at Dirtbag's furry body and squeezing it to death. Merlin walked up to Dirtbag.

"You know you can't hold the demons of Hell forever," Merlin said to Dirtbag. "It's not a force you can control, because it is your own rejection of God that hungers to take you."

"You were always such a laugh, Merlin," Dirtbag said. "You and your nieve thoughts that good will triumph over evil. We make our own destiny, Merlin. That's why Bazaal won. He knew that, when you didn't. And now he wants what I have: the power of Hell. It is the ultimate power, Merlin. It's whatever you make of it. There's no God to tell you what you can and can not do. There are no boudaries to this power."

"Then what stops you from embracing it?" Merlin asked him.

*Dirtbag simply looked at Merlin with a cold stare. He didn't want to tell Merlin that he was afraid. Afraid of being wrong. Afraid that the power he had wasn't his to control, but for it to control him. He didn't want to believe that the hell he was keeping at bay was in fact coming after him because he wanted that, deep inside. Before he could show any sign of what he was thinking, Dirtbag scuttled into a shadow and out of sight.*
-----------

"You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave!" --Hotel California -The Eagles

^.Gebohq.^
2000-06-03, 3:41 PM #359
(Coolness)

Outside the Citadel of Merlin, Jason, Mason, Siren, and Rynard stood, not twenty feet from the main door, hidden by an invisibility spell that Siren was maintaining.

Jason stood in awe of the grand ediface, for although Bazaal's fortress was bigger, it was shrouded in the dark personality of its creator. Merlin's Citadel stood, a majestic symbol for the peoples of the land, a symbol for all that was good and right. Jason was struck by a sudden sense of remorse for everything that he had done since he had begun working for Bazaal. The people's lives he had ruined, and the destruction he had seen, all because he did not have the courage to stand up for what was right.

Jason raised his head and looked at his companions, his face wet from silent tears. None of the people he had come to know during his stay at Bazaal's fortress seemed at all affected by the site of the great castle.

Rynard broke into Jason's personal turmoil. "When are we going to attack?"

Siren was the one who responded.
"We will wait until the fall of darkness. Then we will destroy those who oppose the great Bazaal."

With a sudden surge of determination, Jason knew he could not let that happen.

------------------

KRIG THE VIKING

2000-06-03, 4:01 PM #360
Pristine. That was the first thing that came to mind. Without being fully aware of his surroundings he was aware of her. She wasn't too far away. She was like a point on the horizon that he could point to. It was like that when he lost her. He could "see" her easily, it was just a matter of bringing himself to her. Kind of like a mouse needing to navigate a labratory maze to find the piece of cheese at it's end. The mouse can smell the cheese, it just has to find the path to it. So it was with Ping, fumbling around in the twisted passages.

Ah, yes. Those passages. He ran down each one trying to find her. He could hear the others yelling after him, but at the moment it didn't matter to him. In retrospect however it would have been better to have stayed with them. Look where his foolishness had landed him now.

//Where *has* it landed me?// he thought. Upon opening his eyes he beheld an enormous crystal room. Maybe not entirely crystal, for he could see that it was mostly crystal tiles laid over white marble walls, floor, and ceiling which gave the clear crystal a white color. Light, bending and refracting around the room gave off a rainbow of colors represented at varying intervals. It was like he was in a constantly shifting nebula that couldn't make up it's mind as to what color it should be. He was hanging in the air. More like floating actually, it was just that disconnection from the floor and the pull of gravity that made it feel like hanging.

"Welcome to my abode." Said a voice, rapsing and hollow. The voice was strange to him. Ping looked down below from where he was hanging to view a man he could not recognize. 'Man' was a very loose definition for what he saw. It was humaniod in shape, but looked more like the stygians he fought years ago. What skin it had clung tightly to the bone, it was brown and leathery. It's eyes were nonexistant. Simply two pin-point red dots seemed lost in two sockets that glowed with darkness, darkness as deep as the blackest black hole. Ping studied it's facial structure and finally came to a conclusion.

"Bazaal." Ping said. He was now filled with the realization that he was now at the mercy of his greatest enemy. He narrowed his eyes and looked Bazaal up and down, soley for Bazaal's benefit. "*What* *have* *you* *done*?" Ping said puntucating each word, hoping to convey to Bazaal the enormity of his transgressions against nature and God.

In reply Bazaal simply laughed, a high pitched laugh. Much as if someone was grating thier fingernails down a chalkboard. Ping winced at the sound. The laughter warped and played around varying flat and sharp notes, creating a vicous cacaphony. "Do you like it?" The-Creature-formerly-known-as-Bazaal said. He displayed himself proudly. He laughed again, giddy with power and triumph. "Your type are so hung up on your morals. Don't you know that the true road to power is to break what constrains you? The ends always, always, always..." he said punctuating the last word. " ...justify the means!"

Ping stared at him in defiance. Something fortified him from the inside to give him the strength the endure those eyes, eyes that would drive any other man screaming into the hills. They stood locked for a very long time, Bazaal with an insidious toothy grin on his face, Ping with no expression. He kept his posture and demeanor schooled so as not to let on his feelings.

"I am a busy man..."

//You're not much of a man anymore.// Ping thought.

... I have so many things to attend to, being the ruler of the world is so tiring sometimes. So lets get straight down to business."

//What could he possibly want from me?//

"You have stolen something from me which is rightfully mine. Right after the demise of your pitiful rebellion against me, two of those elven rats took it. It is very important to me. Why else would I go to war with the Elven race?"

//Yeah, and you've been losing to them for the past seven years....//

"Then a month ago I lost it." Bazaal explained. "I cannot find it now, I could tell exactly where it was for the last nine years whenever I wanted to until then. I know you have it."

Ping remained silent. He now knew what Bazaal was talking about. He was very angry, enraged in fact that he was referring to his love as property. Bazaal realized Ping was not speaking. "You little thief! You dare to defy me?!" With a wave of his hand a dark portal open from under Ping. //oh no. Not again!// Ping thought.

In midair Ping dropped down on the surface of the portal. It was like an invisble floor over the dark hole under him. From him electric sparks were pulled from him and sucked into the void, like dust before a vaccum cleaner. He felt like he was being sucked away a little at a time. It was painful for him and was slowly killing him. He redirected most of the energy flowing through him toward his vital functions- cognitive, visual, and communication functions. What was spared and being drained was mostly the energy needed to maintain his visual appearance. Thusly, his image became transparent.

The portal closed. "Ready to talk?"

//Heck with this...// "How dare you refer to her as property."

"Oh?"

"Someone cannot own someone else. I did not steal her. I set her free. Free from you."

Bazaal floated up to where Ping was on his hands and knees. "Spare me this lecture you freak of nature. You know very well she is yours. You control her. She is your slave now." An evil grin now stretched across his skeletal face. "I'm sure you two do the same things I did with that little elven whore."

Ping now lost all control of himself. He growled and lunged for Bazaal. He connceted with a barrier that stood just between him and his mortal enemy and fell prone. Struggling, he picked himself off the 'floor' he lay on and managed to hoist himself to one knee. "Don't you dare compare me to you." he said in livid rage.

"How dare I?!" Again Bazaal laughed, greatly amused by Ping's comment. "You cannot deny it! It is the truth! You use her just as I did. Tell me, you can feel her presence right now can't you? You can point to her, even if she was a hundred miles away!" Again Bazaal laughed. "You *ARE* just like me! You use people to satisfy your twisted desires!"

Ping channeled all of the emotions he felt into his anger. He now felt a rage so fierce, so overwhelming it brought out a reserve of power from his projection unit. He saw red. Everything simply vanished from his view. Bazaal's laughing face was all that he saw, all that he knew. Nothing else existed. Time stood still. With a roar that could not be paralelled by any living being past or present, he lunged toward the invisible barrier. Using his hatred and rage, much like the ancient Sith practices, as a catalyst, he channeled his energy into his fist. He thrust it through the barrier with a feral snarl. It dissapeared with a thunderclap. Without consideration that he had just done somthing unthinkable he reversed his powers into his other fist. It glowed brightly as the noon sun. Using his momentum from the first strike he aimed the second straight for Bazaal's laughing face. The impact threw them both to opposite sides of the room. Ping landed in a heap, completely drained from such simple manuvers. Bazaal simply got to his feet and brushed himself off. He walked to Ping's prone form. He grasped Ping's head in his bony hand and, like he did Ravius, picked him up from the floor and brought him to eye level.

Ping weakly opened one eye to a mere slit. Before him he saw that he completly knocked the skin off of one half of Bazaal's face. Nothing but charred bone stood out. The other half was unscathed except for where the skin met the bone, there the skin was blackened. Bazaal appeared unconcerned. "I'm going to make this very simple." Bazaal said. "You return her to me, and I let you go."

"Never..." Ping said weakly. "Pristine ... is ...free..." He strained to complete his next sentence. "I'll die a thousand... deaths... and be happy... as long as she is free." He finished.

Bazaal, totally unconcerned, threw Ping into the air. He was caught by another invisible prison. He hit it's wall and slumped like an overused ragdoll. "You'll change your mind." Bazaal walked away from where Ping sat in mid-air. He approached the far wall and a door appeared from nowhere like a hole in the wall. He stepped through and snapped his fingers. A few worthless excuses for servants came into the room dragging a body. Strange thing about this person was that he had an array of crystals around him. "Meet your new cellmate." Bazaal said to Ping, uncaring as to whether he heard him or not. He then turned to the man that had just been dragged in. "Your powers are sealed. You'll stay here so you can't escape." With that the door closed in front of Bazaal.

From inside his own prision Ping opened one eye wearily. The man got up and punched the space where the door had just been and screamed obscenities. He growled in frustration and turned toward Ping. "Didn't think I'd see you *this* soon."

It was Ravius.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was no good. Pristine sat huddled against the driving wind in a small crevice just large enough to contain herself and a small fire- and she was sitting IN the fire. She felt her own energy draining more day by day. She opened herself to absorb as much energy from the fire as she could without totally absorbing it. These little recharge sessions were hardly enough to replace the energy she used during a single day. Lighting flashed around the cliff she sat on. If she could only catch one of those she would be set for weeks.

She had just encountered another round of those severe pains. This was both a good sign and a bad sign. It was good that she felt it. It meant that Ping was in a conscious state. It was bad because it meant he was being tortured for some reason she couldn't fathom. Was it to get information from him? Or was it just to satisfy Bazaal's sadisting cravings? She remembered the screams of those he tortured from when she was his prisioner. Still she heard the occaisional poor soul who had a good pair of lungs, and put them to good use before they were quite possibly ripped out of thier chest. Anyway, she hoped that Ping never made a sound when his turn had come.

It was near impossible to enter the palace. Heck, it was near impossible to enter the cities! She was a luminous being who looked like she had never had a spot of dirt on her for her entire life. This meant she couldn't fit in with the locals, who daily wallowed in filth to serve Bazaal's needs. She had tried before to hide out in the city, but it just didn't work. She was just too noticeable. Some of the people had begun to circulate ghost stories about a white lady who hung out near fires and back alleys. The Palace was so heavily gaurded the minute she tried anything the alarm would sound and she would be taken prisioner too.

Would that be so bad? At least she could be with him. Perhaps die with him. The idea was morbidly romantic. She sighed to herself. She loved that idiot so much she was out here in the driving wind sitting in a fire with no plan and no hope.

No hope? No. There was always hope. She thought of him and her heart lifted. She had once heard a song. In a language she didn't understand. She didn't even know the name of it, but she recalled it now. She hummed it agaist the driving howl of the wind. She didn't know what the words meant but she was sure the words were about how much the singer (a girl) loved her true love. The notes conveyed warmth and a promise that whatever happened, she would always love him. Even if something terrible happened, it would last forever. A warm saddness welled up inside her. It was strange. She felt so hopeful and hopeless at the same time. She prayed that she'd find a way. She prayed that whatever God that Merlin believed in or came from would help her now. She repeated her prayer silently. She rested her head against the cliff wall and fell asleep repeating that same prayer.

↑ Up to the top!