Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Episode 7: A New Attack of the Empire Strikes Revenge of the Return of Jedi
Star Wars Episode 7: A New Attack of the Empire Strikes Revenge of the Return of Jedi
2015-05-12, 11:39 AM #681
It's pretty great, though, to see a person who completely sums up everything that is terrible about the internet's film community.
>>untie shoes
2015-05-12, 11:54 AM #682
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
The tone is mostly dystopian. Nobody lived happily ever after. If anything, everyone lost more than they gained after Endor. Pretty much, ROTJ will become anti climatic. The Jedi rose only to be crushed (again), Luke went into exile, the skywalker lineage is again tainted by the dark side.

EDIT:
Killing off Han Solo isn't what is going to ruin the film (for me), because it makes sense. Harrison is old, likely to die before the trilogy is finished, his character's death at the hand of the villain is fine for bringing a sense of darkness and danger to the film, and will pull on the emotional strings of the audience. Maybe keeping Luke away from Han will make it even more tragic, as it gives him a push in the right direction to step out of his exile and take action. Who knows, if properly executed, the film will work, but at a first glance, it sounds dissapointing.

Gold, do you sit at the front or back of the short bus? Does the nice lady even hold your hand when you go to the potty? Does your helmet set off metal detectors? Did the delivery doctor/bartender/valet/apple thief have to wipe off any extra chromosomes while your mother gorged herself on the afterbirth?

If any of these questions can be answered with "no" (unlikely), then please go get an MRI so the doctor can find and correct the source of your crippling inability to make logical statements or decisions.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2015-05-12, 2:42 PM #683
The tone is mostly dystopian. Nobody lived happily ever after. If anything, everyone lost more than they gained after Endor. Pretty much, ROTJ will become anti climatic. The Jedi rose only to be crushed (again), Luke went into exile, the skywalker lineage is again tainted by the dark side.

EDIT:
Killing off Han Solo isn't what is going to ruin the film (for me), because it makes sense. Harrison is old, likely to die before the trilogy is finished, his character's death at the hand of the villain is fine for bringing a sense of darkness and danger to the film, and will pull on the emotional strings of the audience. Maybe keeping Luke away from Han will make it even more tragic, as it gives him a push in the right direction to step out of his exile and take action. Who knows, if properly executed, the film will work, but at a first glance, it sounds dissapointing.

You disssssapooint me.
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Arthur_Schopenhauer_daguerreotype.jpg]
2015-05-12, 3:06 PM #684
Harrison is old, likely to die before the trilogy is finished

Aight, I put on my robe and actuary hat

Life expectancy does not work like you think it does, this is a dumb statement and a terrible attitude. Life expectancy is a sliding window based on the cumulative probability of death over time and it decreases by less than a year for each year you have lived. According to the CDC life tables, white men Ford's age are expected to live at least another 13 years (not accounting for Ford's wealth or lifestyle) which is well within the shelf life for Child Movie Episodes 7 Through 9 Inclusive. But even if what you said wasn't probabilistically retarded, it's pretty ****ing shameful to forecast the death of an actor to justify a ****ing ****rag rumor that no self-respecting employed adult has any right to care about whatsoever.
2015-05-12, 3:16 PM #685
An average poor schmoe working-class white male day laborer at 72 has a 71% chance of seeing his 80th birthday BUT RICH HARRISON FORD WILL SURELY DIE SOON, HIS DEATH IS IMMINENT AND THAT IS WHY THEY CAST A BLACK WOMAN FOR STAR WARS EPISODE VEE EYE EYE
2015-05-12, 3:31 PM #686
why are you guys so aggressive
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-05-12, 3:42 PM #687
Originally posted by Krokodile:
why are you guys so aggressive

**** off man we're just having fun, don't come raining on our parade like we're attacking you, **** I mean jesus, take it easy you crazy jerk

The truth is though, I just hate everybody >:(:colbert::colbert::colbert:
2015-05-12, 3:56 PM #688
Because TMZ-grade verbal vomit deserves scorn.
2015-05-12, 5:10 PM #689
They killed off Indy's dad in Indiana Jones 4 because Sean Connery was dead when the movie was filmed.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-05-12, 5:31 PM #690
Of course Sean Connery is dead, he's twelve years older than Harrison Ford who, let's be mexican frank, has certainly died since you started reading this
2015-05-12, 9:59 PM #691
Look, I've pieced it together. Sean Connery wasn't dead, but now he is.

Originally posted by Busta:
Crazy Sean Connery, man.

.... Then you showed up.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-05-13, 3:04 AM #692
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
They killed off Indy's dad in Indiana Jones 4 because Sean Connery was dead when the movie was filmed.

You, sir, were nearly responsible for hot coffee coming out of my nose.
? :)
2015-05-13, 6:35 AM #693
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
.... Then you showed up.

Yeah, I know man, but, you know, you seem like a cool cat. You need to come and hang out with us so you can learn what that twitchin' is all about.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-05-13, 6:39 AM #694
It makes all the children happy.
2015-05-13, 6:40 AM #695
Those aren't children, they're packets of cream cheese.
2015-05-13, 6:40 AM #696
Oh.

Sometimes I can't separate between the two, y'know?
2015-05-13, 6:41 AM #697
Yeah... I wish I'd known that before I paid all that money to get you a green card.
2015-05-13, 6:43 AM #698
Cool... well look, I've got a friend comin' by in about five minutes, so, uh... I gotta skate.
2015-05-13, 6:44 AM #699
Oh.
What are y'all gonna do?
2015-05-13, 6:44 AM #700
I think we're gonna smash lightbulbs out by the blood dumpster.
2015-05-13, 6:48 AM #701
Oh god, that thing gave me nightmares. And what's with the guy with the blades?
2015-05-13, 6:48 AM #702
The dumpsterkeeper?
2015-05-13, 6:50 AM #703
Who's gonna identify with the "dumpsterkeeper"? I mean, maybe if he had multiple myeloma you'd have some sense of sympathy for him.
2015-05-13, 6:51 AM #704
It tested well. Really well.
2015-05-13, 6:54 AM #705
Kroko is nothing without me. If it weren't for me he'd still be doing Backup Base v3 which he's doing now without me.
2015-05-13, 6:55 AM #706
Can we meet him? Is he still here?
2015-05-13, 6:57 AM #707
Why do you want to meet him? He's probably Satan.
2015-05-13, 6:58 AM #708
:\

Wait, what's my motivation?
2015-05-13, 6:59 AM #709
Now you listen to me. I'm here to get you on a sitcom. You want to get on a sitcom, right?
2015-05-13, 7:00 AM #710
Can you get me on Backup Base 3?
2015-05-13, 7:01 AM #711
Kroko's already cast that one. But I've got some connections with this other show.
It'll cost you.
Dearly.
2015-05-13, 7:03 AM #712
How... how much?
2015-05-13, 7:04 AM #713
You'll see.
2015-05-13, 7:04 AM #714
OH NO!

2015-05-13, 3:35 PM #715
Originally posted by Antony:
Oh, and if you want proof of the idea that your baseless speculation is going to ruin the movie, I need only to direct you to the dumb **** you're posting here. You are already pissed off that the movie isn't what you think it should be, and you don't even know what the **** it is yet.

Honestly its not that hard to put 2 and 2 together. Large portions of the film have leaked, and the leakers have gained credibility by having their statements materialize via trailers, leaked concept art, statements by those of the film (i.e. Jakku, I had already read a month or two before the convention that the planet was called Jakku, although the author spelt it differently). At this point, probably half the film is spoiled for me. That doesn't mean I won't be there opening night to see it, or that I won't enjoy it, but I will probably be left with a sensation of disappointment. Before any thing leaked, I had certain hopes for the film that won't come to be, and probably episode VIII will be the film I was hoping for.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-05-13, 3:37 PM #716
To each their own, I suppose, but what a strange thing to expend mental energy on.
2015-05-14, 12:48 AM #717
Here's the leaked clip form The Force Awakens in which J.J. Abrams murders the guy who "shot" Greedo!
2015-05-14, 8:45 AM #718
Honestly its not that hard to put 2 and 2 together. Large portions of the film have leaked, and the leakers have gained credibility by having their statements materialize via trailers, leaked concept art, statements by those of the film (i.e. Jakku, I had already read a month or two before the convention that the planet was called Jakku, although the author spelt it differently). At this point, probably half the film is spoiled for me. That doesn't mean I won't be there opening night to see it, or that I won't enjoy it, but I will probably be left with a sensation of disappointment. Before any thing leaked, I had certain hopes for the film that won't come to be, and probably episode VIII will be the film I was hoping for.

Yes, you've heard plot points and locations, which you and others are stringing together to form a loose synopsis of what you think the movie is going to be. This loose synopsis isn't what you wanted it to be, so you already are whining about the movie and you haven't even seen it yet.

This is a dumb thing to do, and you are a dumb person.
>>untie shoes
2015-05-14, 1:51 PM #719
Originally posted by Antony:
Yes, you've heard plot points and locations, which you and others are stringing together to form a loose synopsis of what you think the movie is going to be. This loose synopsis isn't what you wanted it to be, so you already are whining about the movie and you haven't even seen it yet.

This is a dumb thing to do, and you are a dumb person.

Because a general outline of all major scenes of an upcoming film has never been leaked onto the internet right? I think you're just operating under the assumption that there has been no major leaks so far.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-05-14, 2:25 PM #720
Because a general outline of all major scenes of an upcoming film has never been leaked onto the internet right? I think you're just operating under the assumption that there has been no major leaks so far.

Goddamn, man. Alright, I'll make this really simple for you.

You could read a detailed description of every single minute of the film and you still wouldn't actually know what the movie is really like until you see it. This is why we actually watch movies, instead of just reading plot summaries.

Christ.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!