Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars Episode 7: A New Attack of the Empire Strikes Revenge of the Return of Jedi
Star Wars Episode 7: A New Attack of the Empire Strikes Revenge of the Return of Jedi
2014-05-04, 3:43 AM #81
Not that Lupita Nyong'o is definitely not going to be in the movie, because that rumor is everywhere, but if it was already a done deal, why on earth would she have been left out of the casting announcement? She'd be easily the biggest star of the bunch.

Also, is "the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on May 4th" even a thing? Not to put too fine a point on it, but... it's the weekend.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-05-04, 7:14 AM #82
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Michael Macfarlane does not care about black people other than Lupita Nyong.
>>untie shoes
2014-05-04, 8:28 AM #83
pft that was leaked months ago
2014-05-04, 8:45 AM #84
Actually today is just the release of the Star Wars: Rebels teaser. And yes, I'm sorry for trying to bring in EPVII rumors :(

EDIT: Link for anyone interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_soLH5MWGOg
Nothing to see here, move along.
2014-05-04, 10:33 AM #85
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
pft that was leaked months ago

Pft did not leak that.
>>untie shoes
2014-05-04, 10:38 AM #86
STOP BLAMING PFT
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2014-05-04, 10:51 AM #87
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
we can all yell about how stupid they are:[INDENT] - Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o is also in the cast. [/INDENT]

Why are you/fans so obsessed with/alarmed by the idea of a black woman appearing in the main cast?
2014-05-04, 11:00 AM #88
LATEST STAR WARS RUMOR: if a really good black actress appears in episode 7 it's because Disney put her there to make the film more "ethnic", so shes totally gonna be the next jar-jar and you totally shouldn't take her seriously as a person even outside of the film.

I'm not racist I'm just bringing you the news from credible sources, like mexican tabloids and a random guy on twitter who wears a white wizard hat + robes and thats how you know he's a serious star wars nerd.
2014-05-04, 11:04 AM #89
Also, is "the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on May 4th" even a thing? Not to put too fine a point on it, but... it's the weekend.
Disney has embraced the May 4th thing, if theres another big announcement they'd def do it tonight.
2014-05-04, 11:11 AM #90
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Why are you/fans so obsessed with/alarmed by the idea of a black woman appearing in the main cast?

Since they want Star Wars to be the grandfather clause in our kuh-razy modern poe-licktically INkorrekt world amirite emirate lol
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-05-04, 11:12 AM #91
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Since they want Star Wars to be the grandfather clause in our kuh-razy modern poe-licktically INkorrekt world amirite emirate lol

I only get about three fifths of this joke.
2014-05-04, 1:03 PM #92
when i was a kid, star wars was about a white rural boy beating up a big black deadbeat dad who works for the government, and by god i'm gonna keep it that way
2014-05-04, 1:04 PM #93
also sister kissin'. yee haw.
2014-05-04, 1:34 PM #94

I have no problem with Lupita Nyong’o, just with the rumored character she supposedly playing, Asajj Ventress from the Clone Wars cartoons. That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard, just as dumb as making a resurrected Revan the new villain or some other thing like that. Also, you intentionally misquoted me there... nice going.

Originally posted by Krokodile:
How are any of those ugly or insane? :confused:

The supposed title of the film is just terrible, there is no denying that, and that's obviously fake.
Nothing Wrong with Lupita Nyong´o, just that she should play a new character, not Asajj Ventress, and I doubt they'd bring a Clone Wars character into the movies, so this might be a partially true rumor.
Dais Ridley playing a Solo family member is fine, no problem with that.
Max Von Sydow only doing voice work is logical, but a waste of his talent.
Han solo as High Commander of the Republic and Leia is what? Queen Regent? WTF? Dumbest thing I've heard.
Big baddie is not a Sith Lord... either we'll have a magnificent villain, or the new trilogy might just be worst.
2014-05-04, 1:47 PM #95
Or it was made up by a deranged fan for attention, or it was made up by the press so they'd have something to publish, or it was made up for an anti-leak sting, or it was
2014-05-04, 2:00 PM #96
Or it was made up by a deranged fan for attention, or it was made up by the press so they'd have something to publish, or it was made up for an anti-leak sting, or it was

Exactly, who knows, it just gives people something to talk about in the absence of information.

EDIT:
Casting is not complete, and happy Star Wars day from JJ Abrams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt37ppfO0OQ
2014-05-04, 4:40 PM #97
Where the hell is Hayden Christensen. I refuse to see this movie without him in it.
2014-05-04, 9:53 PM #98
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Where the hell is Hayden Christensen. I refuse to see this movie without him in it.

There's already a whole movie about his role in The New Republic.

It's called Shattered Glass.
2014-05-04, 10:12 PM #99
Well played.
2014-05-05, 11:20 AM #100
BTW:

First picture of Chewie, with Bob Iger he hasn't aged.

2014-05-05, 11:45 AM #101
There's already a whole movie about his role in The New Republic.

It's called Shattered Glass.

is that a sand reference

The new Rebels trailer is ... well, interesting, but I still don't have much interest in the 3D CGI cartoons (not because of that reason, though).
2014-05-05, 11:53 AM #102
is that a sand reference

It's a Shattered Glass reference.

And now having read some positive reviews of Christensen's performance in that film, I feel a little bad having brought up his name as the butt of a joke. I'm now reading that his shortcomings in SW:AOTC may be blamed on the director of that film.
2014-05-05, 12:08 PM #103
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
It's a Shattered Glass reference.

And now having read some positive reviews of Christensen's performance in that film, I feel a little bad having brought up his name as the butt of a joke. I'm now reading that his shortcomings in SW:AOTC may be blamed on the director of that film.

Absolutely. From everything I've ever heard, George Lucas is an absolutely terrible person to work for as an actor, to the point where he pretty much actively subverts any attempt for the actors to practice their craft. Supposedly the only reason the acting was so good in ESB and RotJ is because the actors knew Lucas couldn't recast them and conducted themselves as such.
2014-05-05, 12:30 PM #104
Absolutely. From everything I've ever heard, George Lucas is an absolutely terrible person to work for as an actor, to the point where he pretty much actively subverts any attempt for the actors to practice their craft. Supposedly the only reason the acting was so good in ESB and RotJ is because the actors knew Lucas couldn't recast them and conducted themselves as such.

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAbTQoF0s_Q
2014-05-05, 12:32 PM #105

Irvin Kershner
2014-05-05, 1:08 PM #106
This is terrific. For months we had threads about how koobie doesn't know anything about writing.

Now we can have months of threads where SF_GoldG_01 doesn't know anything about movies.
>>untie shoes
2014-05-05, 1:59 PM #107
I think Koobie had some other problems too....
2014-05-05, 2:35 PM #108
Irvin Kershner

Exactly. I was reinforcing your argument.

Originally posted by Antony:
This is terrific. For months we had threads about how koobie doesn't know anything about writing.

Now we can have months of threads where SF_GoldG_01 doesn't know anything about movies.

You must be truly desperate to come to me for entertainment.

The new Rebels trailer is ... well, interesting, but I still don't have much interest in the 3D CGI cartoons (not because of that reason, though).

And now Disney wants us to watch it, because for some reason it links both trilogies to EPVII, characters introduced in the Rebels series will be in EPVII... what a way to market a children's show to adults.
2014-05-05, 11:33 PM #109
Star Wars has always been primarily for children anyway, so they're gonna do what they can to bring in the current generation of adolescents in.

Can't really judge the new show before it has aired, but the chances of it interesting me are quite slim. Not that I watch TV anymore to begin with, tho'
2014-05-06, 5:41 AM #110
You must be truly desperate to come to me for entertainment.

Nope.

But hey, you have cited latinoreview.com here, so obviously you're the kind of guy who is in the know.
>>untie shoes
2014-05-06, 8:17 AM #111
Originally posted by Antony:
Nope.

But hey, you have cited latinoreview.com here, so obviously you're the kind of guy who is in the know.

I'm not exactly favoring LR or THR if that's what your implying. I'm merely posting rumors abroad for everyone's convenience.

Today's rumor:
Ain't It Cool News says working title for EPVII is The Ancient Fear
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205

Remember, these guys leaked the title for ROTS if I remember correctly.
2014-05-06, 8:44 AM #112
Ain't It Cool is still around.

Fun fact of the day
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2014-05-06, 12:06 PM #113
Yeah, I watched the Rebels trailer...it looks kind of lame.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2014-05-06, 12:14 PM #114
Originally posted by Tracer:
Yeah, I watched the Rebels trailer...it looks kind of lame.

I thought the first teasers were worse, this one atleast felt a little more Star Warsy but yeah... the voice acting is awful.
2014-05-06, 1:23 PM #115
Hold the phone, are there people under the impression that George Lucas is actually a good director? I can only count two decent films he's directed, and even then ANH is probably the weakest of the OT.
nope.
2014-05-06, 2:01 PM #116
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Hold the phone, are there people under the impression that George Lucas is actually a good director? I can only count two decent films he's directed, and even then ANH is probably the weakest of the OT.

Not that I'm aware of.

UPDATE:
Bleeding cool says the working title for EPVII is "AVCO"?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/06/star-wars-episode-viis-shooting-nickname/

Initials for the title? Or just a designation?

EDIT: Explanation from Bleeding Cool:
"It’s not AVGO, it’s AVCO. We’ve seen proof… named after the Los Angeles cinema that showed a certain film back in 1977. They were one of only four cinemas who fitted Lucasfilm’s THX sound system for the film. And it was the cinema that the young JJ Abrams first saw the movie."
2014-05-06, 2:46 PM #117
:-| is it really possible for a person to sustain this level of interest in boring minutiae for the next couple years until the film comes out?

what's interesting about the codename (or whatever) for the project being AVCO?
2014-05-06, 3:33 PM #118
I wanna see the Yuuzhan Vong war in movie form.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2014-05-06, 3:36 PM #119
noooo
2014-05-06, 4:06 PM #120
Originally posted by saberopus:
:-| is it really possible for a person to sustain this level of interest in boring minutiae for the next couple years until the film comes out?

what's interesting about the codename (or whatever) for the project being AVCO?

Well life is pretty dull right now, I'm working on two websites and I can't afford to do anything else but frequent a couple sites (reddit, 9gag, hugelol, jedinews and massassi) so yes... I'm so bored, that this is exciting.

EDIT:
One of the websites is for a paintball club here in Mexico, and I was told earlier today that the club founder passed away on the weekend in a car accident, and that the site needs to be put on hold until they figure out what they're going to do. I've been paid so far for the milestones I've reached, but I'm concerned because the project still had a ways to go, and that was work I was counting on having. So yes, I need a little motivation.

↑ Up to the top!