Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
2006-03-27, 1:59 PM #361
Originally posted by Jepman:
Fighters guild, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Arena, Finding the Heir, etc. are pretty much all main quests in their own rights. Most of these alone are as long if not longer (the Heir and Oblivion quests are some 20-30 hours long) than Fable (Not a very good comparision, but Fable was an "acclaimed RPG" and look how long it was.)

The one problem I have with oblivion (and it was the same in Morrowind) I find myself wanting to do everything and try everything so I end up playing for months and well... never completing the Main Storyline.

But I'm gonna force myself to do it for this awesome masterpiece. And I don't claim a game is a masterpiece often.

Yeah, but Fable really did kickass. It's just not your typical RPG.

Also, guards have way too high of a bounty on them if you kill them. I had to pay 1500 to clear my name after killing three of them, and that's at half price.

EDIT: OH YEAH! Big time bugs in this game. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1036228
D E A T H
2006-03-27, 2:19 PM #362
Another one I keep encountering is that god forsaken hopping bug, but its been said that it was because I had changed stuff in the ini. :(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-27, 2:23 PM #363
What does the hopping bug do? Does it make NPCs hop or you?
2006-03-27, 2:27 PM #364
both

Like your walking along the road to a city and you enter a new cell and for the size of that whole cell everything is like bouncing on some ever lasting trempoline really slowly

its bloody annoyign
2006-03-27, 2:39 PM #365
I find myself bored with the game. There's so much to do, but the concept of main characters only being knocked unconcious angers me. Really, it's stupid. The main quest is annoyingly cliche and doesn't feel submersive at all. I want to be a badass and gain a reputation for it, but NOOOO. I can only kill non-quest-giving people. Stupid.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-27, 2:52 PM #366
Quote:
It only takes a couple days for the ingredients to respawn, so says the loading screens.
*blinks* I have no clue where I got a month. I thought I read it somewhere...but meh.

Quote:
Yea, I've realized that while murdering people. I'm way up in a ****ing big stone house, guy wakes up and just says "Hey what are you doing here" then dies, and I end up with a 160 gold bounty and some guard finds me even hiding up in the cellar.
Yep. If you don't one-shot someone, they send out an alert. Did you have a health poison on your weapon? That would explain the alert than dieing.

Quote:
Also, guards have way too high of a bounty on them if you kill them. I had to pay 1500 to clear my name after killing three of them, and that's at half price.
All murders have a 1000 gold fine on them. 500 gold in your case. And I know for sure this time! :p

Quote:
I find myself bored with the game. There's so much to do, but the concept of main characters only being knocked unconcious angers me. Really, it's stupid. The main quest is annoyingly cliche and doesn't feel submersive at all. I want to be a badass and gain a reputation for it, but NOOOO. I can only kill non-quest-giving people. Stupid.
That's what GTA is for. Being evil is a little more methodical in Oblivion.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-27, 3:24 PM #367
Originally posted by JediKirby:

There's a console command to turn that off, I believe.

If you're into being sadistic, that is :p
2006-03-27, 3:25 PM #368
Originally posted by JediKirby:

Maybe you should stop making games live up to your expectations, and instead approach games with an open mind and...wait...follow the storyline? It's not like there isn't PLENTY of things to do other than kill main plot characters, and if it's so important to you it's feasible that after you finish the main plot you can kill whoever you want. But something I find when you review anything--you set the bar high and go in disappointed because of it. Keep yourself open-minded.
D E A T H
2006-03-27, 3:30 PM #369
Have you tried the Dark Brotherhood, Kirby? People you kill in those missions stay dead, and rumers get spread about it. Being a vampire in the Dark Brotherhood is about as evil as you're going to get.

This is not KotOR, where there is a good and a bad path. You're a good guy in this game.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-27, 4:10 PM #370
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Maybe you should stop making games live up to your expectations, and instead approach games with an open mind and...wait...follow the storyline? It's not like there isn't PLENTY of things to do other than kill main plot characters, and if it's so important to you it's feasible that after you finish the main plot you can kill whoever you want. But something I find when you review anything--you set the bar high and go in disappointed because of it. Keep yourself open-minded.[/QUOTE]

What Yoshi said.

Heh, I was actually disappointed in Morrowind...mainly because I could never get into it and I was always terribly confused as to what was going on. There wasn't much action early on either.

So basically, I had set the bar (as yoshi puts it) fairly low for Oblivion based on Morrowind. But so far, I'm really enjoying it.
2006-03-27, 4:34 PM #371
Has anyone else done the vampire cure quest? I just finished, and needless to say it made my genitals hurt.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-03-27, 6:37 PM #372
[QUOTE=Darth J]Has anyone else done the vampire cure quest? I just finished, and needless to say it made my genitals hurt.[/QUOTE]

:eek:
2006-03-27, 6:50 PM #373
Evidently testicles are the source of vampirism.
2006-03-27, 7:00 PM #374
Testicles > Garlic.

In other news : NAILED

[http://www.myjep.com/oblivion/nailed.jpg]
2006-03-27, 7:27 PM #375
Crap, I screwed up. I did the Siren's Deception quest from Anvil, but before leaving the cottage I had to go to, I forgot to pick up the key for it. Now I can't get back in and loot it. I even tried using cheats to try to unlock it and even a cheat spawned key for the door doesn't work. And there was a lot of loot in there. Moral of the story: always take the key. :(

If anyone has done that quest and still has the key, can you verify that the key labelled Gweden Basement key is the one you have? It should only be one key that opens the basement and the main door.
2006-03-27, 7:29 PM #376
[QUOTE=Darth J]Has anyone else done the vampire cure quest? I just finished, and needless to say it made my genitals hurt.[/QUOTE]
I got the soul gems an gave them to the witch but then she tasked me to get a bunch of ingredients and was like "screw that." Being a vampire isn't all that bad, people seem to still like me anyway...
2006-03-27, 7:33 PM #377
Someone buy the damn game and a new rig for me already.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-27, 7:35 PM #378
Here's a mod that removes the psychic guards.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=1904
2006-03-27, 7:44 PM #379
This uses Havok. I bet someone will make a gravity gun for this. That's going to be hilarious.
2006-03-27, 7:48 PM #380
Why would you make a gravity gun for this game? Honestly...
D E A T H
2006-03-27, 7:49 PM #381
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Why would you make a gravity gun for this game? Honestly...[/QUOTE]
For fun maybe? Telekinesis is already in the game...
2006-03-27, 7:50 PM #382
Originally posted by tofu:
For fun maybe? Telekinesis is already in the game...

If I wanted to play around with a gravity gun I'd play HL2. Not Oblivion.
D E A T H
2006-03-27, 8:34 PM #383
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]If I wanted to play around with a gravity gun I'd play HL2. Not Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Well, some people just might enjoy playing with oblivion through use of a gravity gun.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-03-27, 8:36 PM #384
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]If I wanted to play around with a gravity gun I'd play HL2. Not Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

If I wanted to shoot enemies from a first-person perspective, I'd play Doom, not No One Lives Forever. :p
2006-03-27, 8:40 PM #385
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']If I wanted to shoot enemies from a first-person perspective, I'd play Doom, not No One Lives Forever. :p

/me spices up the BURNSAUCE with some SALT!
2006-03-27, 8:59 PM #386
Then don't download the mod.
2006-03-27, 9:07 PM #387
Is Telekenesis like the gravity gun in any way?

The description seemed like it was just a repulsion sort of power.
2006-03-27, 9:08 PM #388
If I loved fable, will I love this?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-03-27, 9:09 PM #389
Probably.

It sure is a heck of alot of fun.

And all those beautiful trees? WELL NOW YOU CAN WALK INTO THEM!
2006-03-27, 9:17 PM #390
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Why would you make a gravity gun for this game? Honestly...[/QUOTE]

It would be funny. I can't see anyone seriously using through the whole game though. Also wasn't telekinesis removed?
2006-03-27, 9:18 PM #391
You guys sound like you'd like this. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to tomorrow.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=129
2006-03-27, 10:18 PM #392
Originally posted by Omicron88:
You guys sound like you'd like this. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to tomorrow.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=129

Originally posted by tofu:
Here's a mod that removes the psychic guards.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=1904

;)
2006-03-27, 11:43 PM #393
Originally posted by Uberslug:
Why did he die? Maybe he had a heart attack.

"He slipped and he fell on his dagger! Really!"
Heh, heard yesterday in Gothic 2.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-28, 5:58 AM #394
What does your characters look like? I tried to give my character a Palpatine look, but the game doesn't support wrinkles on the forehead or excessive wrinkling in general. He needs an ep 3 style robe too.
Attachment: 11175/oblivion_palp.jpg (35,351 bytes)
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-03-28, 6:20 AM #395
I knew that was Palpatine before I even read your post. You got it down pretty good as far as the engine will allow. I'll post shot of my characters tonight.
Jessgirl.

<3 Jep
2006-03-28, 8:51 AM #396
Yeah, you did a really nice job on that.
2006-03-28, 10:30 AM #397
Contract the vampire disease, and don't feed, and you'll look even more like him.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-03-28, 10:41 AM #398
And when you did that, don't forget to post a screenshot.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-28, 12:11 PM #399
I'll do that, great idea o)

It sucks that you can't wear a robe over your armor like you could in Morrowind. I use heavy armor, and I have to switch between the robes (for the evil emperor look) and armor (for combat) all the time. :sadcat:
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-03-28, 12:12 PM #400
Oh well. :P

Someone will make a mod for that, I'm sure.

↑ Up to the top!