Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
2006-03-27, 6:19 AM #321
... I have an AMD 64 3700+ (2.2Ghz) and srtest.com told me I'd blow he game away and I passed every test.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-27, 7:55 AM #322
Quote:
Do you get to keep the powers from not feeding after you feed again?
Nope.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-27, 8:33 AM #323
That's it, I'm getting it tomorrow. I'm fed up with pretending I can handle not having it.

Haha I'm soooo going to fail my exams - way to go betheda softworks. :p
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-03-27, 8:45 AM #324
Its great, but its really got a lot of flaws. A.I isn't very god when it comes to companions, and land textures in distance really suck. There are ways to fix it, but it occasions other annoying bugs such as flawed water reflection and a ANNOYING hopping bug when you enter some cells.
2006-03-27, 8:48 AM #325
How do you fix the distance bug?
2006-03-27, 8:50 AM #326
Oh god, that is ironic for two reasons, Jepman. First is because I just got ambushed by one of those highwayman and a guard was near. I must have accidently smacked him with my sword a few times, though, because he than arrested me(or is taking loot off a dead body in their presence seen as stealing?). Also, this(warning: language) comic strip came out today and is very representative of the problem
2006-03-27, 8:52 AM #327
Hahaha, yeah.

They're pretty nifty at dodging spells, attacks, and arrows.. unless you're a friendly.
2006-03-27, 8:55 AM #328
Originally posted by Jepman:
Ah so you can weaken the Gray Prince huh. I went at it the hard way with my Nord and kicked his *** up and down and all over the arena, the odds were even in his favor. Still I prevailed. I'm pretty good in one on one swordplay. When I'm playing a sneak its another story though. But dagger sneak attacks (x6 damage) are bloody awesome. :D

Actually, I've been getting sneak attack 6x with my claymore (love big swords), cutlass, etc. My arrows on the other hand, which I almost never use, only do 3x damage, so I think it's more dependant on what kind of weapon you're using (blade, blunt, etc), and how skilled you are with that weapon.

Originally posted by Rob:
Also, hit up the arena box, theres 500 gold in there.

I did that last night, but I was expecting more. Do you think it refills every day, since there are more bets? Maybe if you lose your bets, the money goes in there?

What level is everyone? How long did you wait before continuing the main story? I'm level 6 now, and I didn't save Kvatch until level 5. Is there a level cap?

What's the cheapest place to buy a house? I have too much crap, and don't want to drop most of it. I didn't realize I was in trouble until I hadn't fed for a few days, and once I did, I found myself over encumbered by 75lbs.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-27, 9:30 AM #329
The cheapest place to buy a house is in the imperial city.

You can buy a vacant house on the imperial waterfront for $2000 + the cost of furnishing.

In the Imperial Marketing district, head to the trade offices. Ask abotu buying a house, buy it. It gives you your own little mission type dealie for it.

Then you can go to three brothers nad buy the storag suite for about 737 gold.

I'm pretty sure chests and drawers have unlimited space. I use the chest for weapons, the dresser in the corner for armor, and the dresser nearest the bed for everything else.

Anyone having any luck with alchemy?

Its pissing me off.

The list needs to organize by effect. It'd make potion making GOD DAMN MUCH EASIER. That way I could tell what I needed without haveing to go through the entire list. And keeping track in a notebook evertything I need. :P
2006-03-27, 9:32 AM #330
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Actually, I've been getting sneak attack 6x with my claymore (love big swords), cutlass, etc. My arrows on the other hand, which I almost never use, only do 3x damage, so I think it's more dependant on what kind of weapon you're using (blade, blunt, etc), and how skilled you are with that weapon.[/QUOTE]

All of which it says in the manual.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-03-27, 9:35 AM #331
i went to my RAs apartment yesterday for a party and you havent seen nothing until this game is on a HD 56 in TV ><
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2006-03-27, 9:36 AM #332
The from hidden attack multiplier is dependant on your sneak level.

I think I'm going to cure Vampirism, and try out werewolf.

I know where to get all the stuff for Vampirism, so I REALLY don't see why it's such a huge issue.
2006-03-27, 9:47 AM #333
Werewolf?! Sounds like I need to make a second character.

Originally posted by Detty:
All of which it says in the manual.

Pfft, who reads those?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-03-27, 9:48 AM #334
Obviously people who want to have game kick assery.
2006-03-27, 9:53 AM #335
The from hidden attack multiplier is dependant on your sneak level.

I think I'm going to cure Vampirism, and try out werewolf.

I know where to get all the stuff for Vampirism, so I REALLY don't see why it's such a huge issue.

There are no werewolfs. That was in the bloodmoon expansion for morrowind. It was left out of Oblivion. (Lore wise, the one who was creating all the werewolves is killed at the end of the expansion so there a no more werewolves.(I THINK))

But I'm 100% sure lycanthropy isn't in this game (yet)
2006-03-27, 9:54 AM #336
ok so i just left the castle area with the emporer's son, and i need to take him to weyeln priorty, but i dont get an arrow telling me where it is. i thought i remembered that i had to go south to get to him, so i started traveling north and saw a couple familiar landmarks, but i didnt find weyeln priorty. can anyone tell me where this is? like an extreme direction north or east or something?
2006-03-27, 10:05 AM #337
There are no werewolfs. That was in the bloodmoon expansion for morrowind. It was left out of Oblivion. (Lore wise, the one who was creating all the werewolves is killed at the end of the expansion so there a no more werewolves.(I THINK))

But I'm 100% sure lycanthropy isn't in this game (yet)

A friend of my little brother's said he has it!

Then again, he might be full of ****.

All 14 year olds are, I swear it.
2006-03-27, 10:55 AM #338
It should show up on your map Cazor?
2006-03-27, 11:24 AM #339
All 14 year olds are, I swear it.

Agreed. Unless the dev's secretly changed something, it was confirmed before release that there were no werewolves (pissed people off too)
2006-03-27, 11:26 AM #340
Originally posted by Cazor:
ok so i just left the castle area with the emporer's son, and i need to take him to weyeln priorty, but i dont get an arrow telling me where it is. i thought i remembered that i had to go south to get to him, so i started traveling north and saw a couple familiar landmarks, but i didnt find weyeln priorty. can anyone tell me where this is? like an extreme direction north or east or something?

Cutting through the brush and country north bound would probably be the quickest route, but following the road back towards the imperial city (The Golden Tower is seen from pretty much anywhere in Cyrodiil) and then following the signs back towards Chorrol would be the safest. (Note that if you open up inventory and check your map, you can fast travel to Weynon Priory, or at least follow the path to Chorrol.
2006-03-27, 12:25 PM #341
Quote:
Actually, I've been getting sneak attack 6x with my claymore (love big swords), cutlass, etc.
O_O I was under the impression that two handed weapons didn't get bonuses from sneak attacks. Wow...

Quote:
What level is everyone? How long did you wait before continuing the main story? I'm level 6 now, and I didn't save Kvatch until level 5. Is there a level cap?
I'm 15 right now and I've done very little of the main quest. Hell, I've been levelling and getting a hell of a lot of money just gathering Mage Guild recommendations and doing any side-quests I find in the cities I visit. I believe the level cap is 225, but you stop getting new varieties(elven, silver, etc) of armor and weapons at 20. I think. I'll probably end up being level 70 before getting back to the main quest. XD

Quote:
The list needs to organize by effect. It'd make potion making GOD DAMN MUCH EASIER. That way I could tell what I needed without haveing to go through the entire list. And keeping track in a notebook evertything I need.
*blink* I'm confused. It seems pretty organized to me. For example, maybe you want to make a Burden poison. Well, you pick an ingredient that will do that. Then when you click on the second slot it will only show ingredients that mix with the first ingredient. You just have to scroll through and find another ingredient that gives Burden(mouseover ftw). The only problem is that if you click on a second ingredient and find you don't want to use it so you click on it again, it will give all the ingredients that will mix with the first and second ingredient. Hence why I remove the ingredient beforehand. Are we on the same page or am I missing something?

Speaking of alchemy, where do you get the advanced alchemy gear? I'm an expert alchemist still using a novice mortar and pestle. :(
2006-03-27, 12:29 PM #342
THATS DANDY.

But it's still a pain in the ***, because it's not easy to find out what I need to make more potions.

I hardly ever use potions. I use ALOT of poisons though. I usually end up selling potions that aren't for health or magicka.
2006-03-27, 12:35 PM #343
Well, do what I do then: gather everything in sight. I purposely walk to cities I haven't been to unmounted so I can collect every ingredient I find along the way. After that I fast travel, though, since it takes a month for ingredients to respawn. Once I become Arch-Mage though I'll be able to stick ingredients in a trunk in my room and they'll self-replicate(technically, apprentices will bring in the ingredients). Funny that a character with only Alchemy as a major skill and Illusion as a well used minor skill can become Arch-Mage.

Just collect all the ingredients you find, make as many potions and poisons from those as you can, and I can guarantee you will always have enough poisons and potions.
2006-03-27, 12:39 PM #344
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]I haven't been to unmounted so I can collect every ingredient I find along the way. [/QUOTE]

You see I was doing this kind of adventurous deed... and eventually found myself turned into a bloodsucker.
2006-03-27, 12:40 PM #345
That's your fault for not getting cured. :p
2006-03-27, 12:42 PM #346
:(
2006-03-27, 12:45 PM #347
Dude, being a vampire is fun. :P

After a long time of not feeding, my hands do more damage than my sword.
2006-03-27, 12:46 PM #348
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Well, do what I do then: gather everything in sight. I purposely walk to cities I haven't been to unmounted so I can collect every ingredient I find along the way. After that I fast travel, though, since it takes a month for ingredients to respawn. Once I become Arch-Mage though I'll be able to stick ingredients in a trunk in my room and they'll self-replicate(technically, apprentices will bring in the ingredients). Funny that a character with only Alchemy as a major skill and Illusion as a well used minor skill can become Arch-Mage.

Just collect all the ingredients you find, make as many potions and poisons from those as you can, and I can guarantee you will always have enough poisons and potions.[/QUOTE]
It only takes a couple days for the ingredients to respawn, so says the loading screens.
D E A T H
2006-03-27, 1:01 PM #349
Dude, being a vampire is fun. :P

After a long time of not feeding, my hands do more damage than my sword.

Oh I agree, it just didn't really fit my big gladiator character :(
2006-03-27, 1:07 PM #350
But you can still get cured right? Someone said you need to talk to a priest or something.
2006-03-27, 1:17 PM #351
When you just start out what do you do? Where do you go to kill things and stuff. I'm wandering through the forest killing the occasional wolf and being killed by the occasional bad guys who hang around the ruins. What should I do?
2006-03-27, 1:20 PM #352
I don't have the game but it sounds to me like you level up and do a few side quests.
2006-03-27, 1:28 PM #353
Cutting through the brush and country north bound would probably be the quickest route, but following the road back towards the imperial city (The Golden Tower is seen from pretty much anywhere in Cyrodiil) and then following the signs back towards Chorrol would be the safest. (Note that if you open up inventory and check your map, you can fast travel to Weynon Priory, or at least follow the path to Chorrol.

oh cool i never knew i had a map.

wow this is much easier. and i can select what quest i want to show on my compass! haha thanks. wow i suck.

Originally posted by Uberslug:
I don't have the game but it sounds to me like you level up and do a few side quests.

no, that's an MMO. the "side quests" are the main plot. you can decide to go to other things though. this is an RPG. and a really good one at that.
2006-03-27, 1:30 PM #354
Originally posted by Uberslug:

HA.

There is no such thing as "side quests".

You do ANYTHING you want to do. There is a main plot of sorts, but you are under absolutely no obligation to fulfill it. Hell, if you want, you can just kill the guys your supposed to save, and go burninate the countryside.
2006-03-27, 1:35 PM #355
I kind of want to lay waste to an entire small town of people.
2006-03-27, 1:37 PM #356
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]There is a main plot of sorts[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that you were supposed to complete that at some point or another. Like GTA: San Andreas or something. :p
2006-03-27, 1:40 PM #357
Fighters guild, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Arena, Finding the Heir, etc. are pretty much all main quests in their own rights. Most of these alone are as long if not longer (the Heir and Oblivion quests are some 20-30 hours long) than Fable (Not a very good comparision, but Fable was an "acclaimed RPG" and look how long it was.)

The one problem I have with oblivion (and it was the same in Morrowind) I find myself wanting to do everything and try everything so I end up playing for months and well... never completing the Main Storyline.

But I'm gonna force myself to do it for this awesome masterpiece. And I don't claim a game is a masterpiece often.
2006-03-27, 1:43 PM #358
The only problem I have, are GUARDS AND THERE ABILITY TO SEE THROUGH ****ING WALLS!
2006-03-27, 1:52 PM #359
Yea, I've realized that while murdering people. I'm way up in a ****ing big stone house, guy wakes up and just says "Hey what are you doing here" then dies, and I end up with a 160 gold bounty and some guard finds me even hiding up in the cellar. :rolleyes:
2006-03-27, 1:53 PM #360
Why did he die? Maybe he had a heart attack.

↑ Up to the top!