Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
2006-03-28, 12:21 PM #401
already done
Moo.
2006-03-28, 12:45 PM #402
*sigh* This kind of bites. I used FaceGen to get the stats of my face so I could put it in the game, but the game won't let you enter it numerically, so I had to do some guess work. It looks smiliar, but not quite my face. I wish there was a mod where it would allow you to do numerials in the game, but I haven't seen one yet.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-03-28, 12:48 PM #403
Kieran, it'll never look quite like you anyways, because you'd need a unique texture. I got mine just about as close as I can get without a unique texture too. Looks just like me... with a tad pointier nose and well I built body.
Jessgirl.

<3 Jep
2006-03-28, 2:49 PM #404
Originally posted by Jepman:
Ah so you can weaken the Gray Prince huh. I went at it the hard way with my Nord and kicked his *** up and down and all over the arena, the odds were even in his favor. Still I prevailed. I'm pretty good in one on one swordplay. When I'm playing a sneak its another story though. But dagger sneak attacks (x6 damage) are bloody awesome. :D

As for the DB... I killed some guy while robbing his house and next tiem i went to bed I woke up with a creepy man looming over me in bed. He did a pretty cool emperor palpatine-ish impression with his voice and attitude. <3

Yes he does do a sidious-ish impression. Also notice that he and the brotherhood worship a god named "SITHis"? hmmmmm
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-03-28, 6:47 PM #405
I made as vampire looking a character as I could make, sold the amulet of kings off the bat, raped and pillaged every small town I could find, and haven't died once. I chose assassin stuff, and am born under the stead. Any time I get into a sticky situation, I take off all my clothes and madly run away under the protection of a chameleon spell. It's amazing how many enemies you can take out with some well aimed bow & arrow shots from carefuly menuvered roof-top-platforming coops. I think I'll join the brotherhood and get paid for my delightful poison-arrowing funtime. I think after that, I'll contract vampirism and add to my composure. Where do I find the lovely fiends?

[PS: Does anyone know the ini script I have to change in order to kill the quest givers? I can't kill some rather remedial characters in the towns simply because they give some stupid random quest. It's somewhat detrimental to my evil-plans of Morrowind conquering. I may restart this character and put it on full difficulty so that this quest isn't so simple.]

[PPS: Are there CREATURE enemies anywhere? I'd love to start fighting giga-monsters that tower over me. The acrobatic FPS feel to this game would make a "Shadow of the Colossus" style battle overwhelmingly fun.]

[PPPS: I want to make a barbarian and do the same thing I'm doing now, but I really don't see a challenge in that. Are there any really super powerful enemies that I could try to work up my barbarian to killing?]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-28, 6:50 PM #406
Originally posted by JediKirby:
raped and pillaged every small town I could find

What is this game rated, again? :eek:
2006-03-28, 7:01 PM #407
Raping in Oblivion:

I wander the streets of the Imperial City, glancing at names hovering over doors for a particularly feminine name. Once I've scoped out 3 or 4 potential female characters, I decide on the most difficult to open door. This may be negated by a less public housing option. The frustration associated with losing 100 some lockpicks to the same door is far outweighed by the satisfaction and stimulation of earning the prize inside and a mini-crecendo is the door 'click-clicking' open.

The loading screen, however quick in reality, seems to take years. Soon, I am standing in the anteroom of some soon-to-be harlett. I creep up the stairs and enter her room. My character's fashioned viper-smile seems to grow as the staircase ends with a door.

I enter, and observe the sleeping feline of a lady. I stand upon the end of her bed, press the tab key and fondle around for the Rat Meat my original adventure had bestowed upon me. I click and drag it across the screen so that my character can hold it in his hands.

After jamming the left control key repeatedly, I can't handle it anymore and slash repeatedly with my 2 armed claymore. Her corpse rises for only a moment before falling, her last sounds are a scream, her last sight is a white teethy-smile, and the only smell left with her is a discarded piece of rat meat lying next to her cold corpse.

The only thing that will make this experience better will be vampirism. Maybe I will awaken her and attempt to charm her with the gifts associated with being a creature of the night? After I've exhausted that avenue, maybe I'll switch to male occupants?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-28, 7:23 PM #408
what a sick little moo cow...
2006-03-28, 7:24 PM #409
rapeisfunnylol
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-28, 7:28 PM #410
Stop talkin' already!

arena wench
2006-03-28, 7:37 PM #411
Encountered my first bugged quest. "Corruption and Conscience" in Cheydinhal. I gave Darellium the envelope that incriminates Ulrich, but it's been more than two hours and he has yet to show at the inn. I bet because I gave it to him at night he went to bed and forgot about it. :(
2006-03-28, 7:38 PM #412
No... it's because I raped him. Sorry :-/
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-28, 7:56 PM #413
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I enter, and observe the sleeping feline of a lady.

You raped her CAT?

oh god this gets worse and worse
2006-03-28, 7:59 PM #414
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Encountered my first bugged quest. "Corruption and Conscience" in Cheydinhal. I gave Darellium the envelope that incriminates Ulrich, but it's been more than two hours and he has yet to show at the inn. I bet because I gave it to him at night he went to bed and forgot about it. :([/QUOTE]
Some quests take a while. Incriminating that captain took like a day or so to complete after I'd done everything.
D E A T H
2006-03-28, 8:44 PM #415
Wow, that bites. Now I have to sit there like an idiot for a day or so and wait for him to enter? Lovely good times. I'll catch up on my reading.
2006-03-28, 8:48 PM #416
Press T, and use the wait function!

Just do an hour or two and then wait for a few minutes. REPEAT!
2006-03-28, 9:50 PM #417
The thought did cross my mind, but I was afraid of missing him. Well, I did it anyway and after 8 days, he still didn't appear. So, I went to the castle to see if he was there and he wasn't. So I killed the count, a guard, and the innkeeper before quitting. : /
2006-03-28, 9:52 PM #418
OMFG, I just got Oblivion up and running. (well, just is a little misleading, I've been playing it for the past 6 hours. :p )

This game ****ing rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

me = scout.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-28, 9:54 PM #419
Do what I do when someone in a town pisses you off:

Steal everything of value. EVERYTHING. IN THE ENTIRE TOWN.

For example, in one town, I stole:

Everything in the castle (even pickpocketed everyone, including the countess)
Both the Fighters and Mages Guilds
Every house
The church
And I finished up with riding all the horses in the stable away from the city.

Place is a freakin dead ghost town now :D
2006-03-28, 10:04 PM #420
Originally posted by Freelancer:
OMFG, I just got Oblivion up and running. (well, just is a little misleading, I've been playing it for the past 6 hours. :p )

This game ****ing rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

me = scout.

Little bit late to the party there bucko. Torrent just finish? ;)
D E A T H
2006-03-28, 10:07 PM #421
Nope, I bought the game a week ago.

But I realized I didn't have a DVD drive so I couldn't install it.

So I bought one today and the rest is history.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-28, 10:08 PM #422
Oh, and I find it odd that the scout profession doesn't have marksman as a primary skill. That's really odd.
2006-03-28, 10:57 PM #423
Oh, and I find it odd that the scout profession doesn't have marksman as a primary skill. That's really odd.

Just create a custom class.
2006-03-29, 12:20 AM #424
I don't want to.
2006-03-29, 1:37 AM #425
Uh, ok.
2006-03-29, 2:28 AM #426
If anyone gets a chance at a quest to slay someone named Black Brugo, DO IT! Best loot ever!
2006-03-29, 5:56 AM #427
I don't want to.

...Why not?
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 5:58 AM #428
Lazyness? :P
2006-03-29, 6:11 AM #429
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
If anyone gets a chance at a quest to slay someone named Black Brugo, DO IT! Best loot ever!

I killed him and got fairly average stuff, loot tends to be randomised unless it's character-specific loot. I'm at level 17 now so pretty much everyone drops reasonable stuff. But all I really want is to stop running out of arrows :(

My most useful item at the moment is the one you get for completing the Thieves Guild, as long as I remember to take it off before going back to a town. It increases your carrying capacity by 200 (not actually that useful since it's very difficult to sell stuff whilst wearing it) and has detect life with a range of 130ft. Makes sneaking around these zombie/vampire/skeleton/whatever infested dungeons MUCH safer and allows me to endlessly sneak-shot enemies.

The dumbness of detect life working on the undead is not lost on me, but it's basically allowing me to go through dungeons without dying very quickly.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-03-29, 6:27 AM #430
you're all bastards and you need to be killed

I WANT THIS GAME AND A COMPUTER THAT RUNS IT
2006-03-29, 7:54 AM #431
THAT MAKES TWO OF US! RAR!
2006-03-29, 10:21 AM #432
Nananananaaaa
Attachment: 11188/lickobli.jpg (37,425 bytes)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-29, 10:25 AM #433
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]...Why not?[/QUOTE]

'Cuz nothing else would be a true scout. :)
2006-03-29, 11:03 AM #434
'Cuz nothing else would be a true scout. :)

Technically, scouts don't actually need to attack.
D E A T H
2006-03-29, 11:37 AM #435
Originally posted by Jepman:
Nananananaaaa

Ooohhhhhhh!!!

It does not move me, it does not get me going at all.
nope.
2006-03-29, 11:45 AM #436
Well I'm no game show babe.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-29, 12:01 PM #437
I'm sorry the correct answer was "It does not shift me, it's not the kind of thing that I like."
nope.
2006-03-29, 12:21 PM #438
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Technically, scouts don't actually need to attack.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it would be possible to beat the game without attacking...
2006-03-29, 12:23 PM #439
Of course not, silly. You have to attack to start the game..
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-03-29, 12:27 PM #440
The last thieves guild mission is a *****.

****ing skeletons are rocking my *** up, down, and back. :(

↑ Up to the top!