Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
2006-04-03, 9:09 PM #601
Originally posted by tofu:
I couldn't get anyone to eat the poisoned apple. After waiting for 10 minutes I just got up and stabbed the orc.
you need to pickpocket and plant it on them. they'll eat it then.
2006-04-03, 9:17 PM #602
Genius!
2006-04-03, 9:21 PM #603
Can you do that though? I tried, but it said you can't give people items when pickpocketing. Maybe it's dependant on your sneak level?
2006-04-04, 2:44 AM #604
I give up. Anyone do that quest from the one Mages guild where you steal this book for a lady, but then give it to the guildmaster, then steal it back from him and give it to the elf lady? And then she writes you a note for your reward of power that you need to go to cloud top with some kind of stone. The note says the stone is in Aelyid ruins or something like that. Where the heck are the ruins? They aren't marked on the map, and I sure as hell aint going to run all over the map looking for it. It would take forever.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-04-04, 8:27 AM #605
Recently, I've been having imperial guards chasing me up steep hills. Just so I could kill them and watch them tumble down the hill!
2006-04-04, 9:15 AM #606
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I give up. Anyone do that quest from the one Mages guild where you steal this book for a lady, but then give it to the guildmaster, then steal it back from him and give it to the elf lady? And then she writes you a note for your reward of power that you need to go to cloud top with some kind of stone. The note says the stone is in Aelyid ruins or something like that. Where the heck are the ruins? They aren't marked on the map, and I sure as hell aint going to run all over the map looking for it. It would take forever.

They are north and slightly west of the quest-giver, way up in the hills. Although, I did it slightly differently than you. I sided with the elf lady from the beginning. Then I went and told the mage dude that I gave her the book. He was pissed at me, but he still gave me a recommendation after I stole it back from her. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-04, 9:21 AM #607
Hey, I got a serious problem with a quest. I am supposed to get the Arrow of Extrication or something for the Grey Fox.

So far, I've gone into the castle, gotten to the guy's room, found the secret passage, but when I go down there, I get stuck. There's a door that can only be opened with a key, but there's no key to be found ANYWHERE.
2006-04-04, 9:29 AM #608
You have to use your nose.
2006-04-04, 9:31 AM #609
Originally posted by Uberslug:
You have to use your nose.

Right, I forgot my smellovision was off.
2006-04-04, 9:42 AM #610
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Hey, I got a serious problem with a quest. I am supposed to get the Arrow of Extrication or something for the Grey Fox.

So far, I've gone into the castle, gotten to the guy's room, found the secret passage, but when I go down there, I get stuck. There's a door that can only be opened with a key, but there's no key to be found ANYWHERE.[/QUOTE]

Do you not use your map?

Go to where the water is and look at your map again. Just beneath the surface there is a tunnel to where you want to go. If you want a nice fight against a Great Slaughterfish keep swimming down (a loooooooooooong way, you probably need to be able to breath underwater) and you'll find one with some nice loot in it's belly, it's also guarding a secret tunnel to the outside world (in case you need to stock up on equipment).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-04, 9:46 AM #611
Originally posted by Detty:
Do you not use your map?

Go to where the water is and look at your map again. Just beneath the surface there is a tunnel to where you want to go. If you want a nice fight against a Great Slaughterfish keep swimming down (a loooooooooooong way, you probably need to be able to breath underwater) and you'll find one with some nice loot in it's belly, it's also guarding a secret tunnel to the outside world (in case you need to stock up on equipment).

Wait, you have to KILL that thing? GAH!

That's stupid, I'm only a marksman! That sucks madly.

And btw, my map shows ABSOLUTELY nothing about that fish having anything. It shows a green dot behind the locked door, and nothing else helpful.
2006-04-04, 9:48 AM #612
Ermm no, you DON'T have to fight it, I said you could if you want as it has nice loot and is guarding a way out.

The route to the arrow is JUST below the surface, like literally, it's also very easy to miss.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-04, 9:54 AM #613
Hrm, I'll get this game in few days...

...I hope it's as good as people say it is :)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-04-04, 9:55 AM #614
Originally posted by Detty:
Ermm no, you DON'T have to fight it, I said you could if you want as it has nice loot and is guarding a way out.

The route to the arrow is JUST below the surface, like literally, it's also very easy to miss.

That was a fun fight.

I used underwater breathing potions, and hit it with about 9 poisoned sword attacks. It died in all of about 9 seconds. :P

I got this KICK *** helmet, that gives me constant effect water breathing
2006-04-04, 10:04 AM #615
I got a ring that gives me constant water breathing. It was the first magic item I got. You get it from the quest outside Imperial City to kill 12 slaughterfish.
Flickr Twitter
2006-04-04, 10:08 AM #616
I haven't done that one yet!

On another note;

https://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductList.aspx?SubCategoryId=1

How do you guys feel about that?

I'm stuck. On one hand, it's NEAT.

On the other.. I kind of wish they'd just save it all up for one kick *** expansion and then rock it out at Best Buy for like $40.
2006-04-04, 10:08 AM #617
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
...I hope it's as good as people say it is :)

Me too :D Not long now until the new video card arrives.
2006-04-04, 10:15 AM #618
Originally posted by Rob:

On the other.. I kind of wish they'd just save it all up for one kick *** expansion and then rock it out at Best Buy for like $40.

On one hand its a neat idea, on the other I'm fearing they will not do a significant expansion because of this. Of course thats only worry, they could easily do both. I'm probably going to get the hourse armor because its neat and hey, what's 2$, but there is only two types : Elven (gold) and Iron (metal).

I'm not going to get those little adventure packs because I like big storylines, not small wizard tower adventures. I'm not magic type dude so I'm not going to enjoy that.

The only thing I'm praying is that these small pay-for-download mods don't cause too much incompatibility with the modding community.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-04, 10:16 AM #619
What are the tools like on Oblivion?

Is it Wysiwig, or is there like a brush editor?

I really need to get back into the editing game..
2006-04-04, 10:22 AM #620
"Every arrow, every slash of the dagger leaves me searching for more blood to spill. Have I already gone too far? No. No, it cannot and will not end here. More must pay for the suffering I endured at the hands of those prison guards. Shooting me in the *** with arrows... I've made it my quest to do the same to any crabs and rats I find. Shoot me in the *** with an arrow, will they? I'll show them..."

I have gotten so many messed up little accidents or coincidences in this game.
  • It seems like almost every rat and crab I shoot at with arrows gets hit in the ***. Contrary to my little blurb above, I don't even mean to do this.
  • Every crab I shoot with an arrow seems to explode with blood. I have thus dubbed them "My lovely little crab explosions."
  • I was sneak-attacking a Marauder Battlemage, with Flare (the only destructive spell I have), when she finally saw me. She healed herself somewhat, then attacked with some sort of fire spell of her own. Someone must have had it in for her, because it triggered my ring's reflect ability (which is only 11% chance) and killed her instantly.

Oh yeah, and I got invited to the Dark Brotherhood without murdering someone. o_O
2006-04-04, 10:33 AM #621
What are the tools like on Oblivion?

Is it Wysiwig, or is there like a brush editor?

I really need to get back into the editing game..

Wysiwig? :s

I guess the best way to describe it is a "tile" engine, although its not the casual type such as Neverwinter Nights and Strategy games like Warcraft, Star Craft, etc. Basically you have premade tiles, and you snap them together to build the world. Its fun but the controls are tedious to get into at first.

Then again, I'm saying that and I've been editing the game for only 2 weeks and I'm used to it already.

You pretty much do everything in the editor, from weapon scripts, to quests, dialogue, voice recording (though you need to convert to mp3 using external software), new weapons, new races, and a whole lot more.

I personally like it, and I had not edited in 3 years, save for the odd messing around with neverwinter nights and the odd skin for JO and JA.

I like it a lot but I don't know for how long I'm going to be doing this. I was invited to join a mod team for Half-Life 2. Birthstar I think was the name.

Edit :

Birthstar : Frontline
2006-04-04, 11:44 AM #622
Someone posted a huge wiki on learning how to use blender, that I wish someone would post again. I'm probably going to go through and learn that, since I no longer have access to any kind of cad program.

Also.

I just became the listener of the Dark Brotherhood.

I think I might do fighters guild next. I'm not worried about the quest that freezes your merchantile skill. I'm so ****ing rich anyways. Seriously, I have about 40,000 gold. Mostly from going to the ingredient shop, buying all the ingredients, making potions, and then selling everything that wasn't a cool poison.
2006-04-04, 11:50 AM #623
Oh, does anyone know of a small, easy to use, free program to batch convert a bunch of bmps to .jpg?
2006-04-04, 11:55 AM #624
IrfanView, of course!

And if you want a free, lightweight image editor, none better than Paint .NET.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-04-04, 12:06 PM #625

I think I might do fighters guild next. I'm not worried about the quest that freezes your merchantile skill. I'm so ****ing rich anyways. Seriously, I have about 40,000 gold. Mostly from going to the ingredient shop, buying all the ingredients, making potions, and then selling everything that wasn't a cool poison.

Supposedly it doesn't actually freeze the skill, but puts you in "skill debt". Once you pay it off, it'll start leveling again, so there's not much to worry about anyway.

At least, according to this guy.
Moo.
2006-04-04, 12:18 PM #626
Originally posted by Emon:
IrfanView, of course!

And if you want a free, lightweight image editor, none better than Paint .NET.

I use gimp most of the time.

I just want a program that batch converts image formats, nothing more.

A small little, gui based program that just converts image formats by the batch. :P
2006-04-04, 12:29 PM #627
I haven't done that one yet!

On another note;

https://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductList.aspx?SubCategoryId=1

How do you guys feel about that?

I think it's ****. Horse armor was supposed to be in the game, why should I have to pay extra for it?

On another note finding the giant slaughterfish was funny. When I first saw it it looked like a regular one. Then I got closer, and closer, and closer...
2006-04-04, 12:33 PM #628
Found a program, called Advanced Batch Converter.

Does exactly what I want!

Heres a picture of the Night Mother, because I thought she was cool. And some skeletons in her tomb that seem to be of children. Which is weird, because there are no children in this game! (I think I want to make a mod that adds them)

WARNING: These pictures are sort of a spoiler, don't look at them if you're lame like that.
Attachment: 11275/ScreenShot0.jpg (115,089 bytes)
Attachment: 11276/ScreenShot4.jpg (126,436 bytes)
Attachment: 11277/ScreenShot3.jpg (146,109 bytes)
Attachment: 11278/ScreenShot6.jpg (148,339 bytes)
2006-04-04, 12:43 PM #629
Originally posted by tofu:
I think it's ****. Horse armor was supposed to be in the game, why should I have to pay extra for it?

On another note finding the giant slaughterfish was funny. When I first saw it it looked like a regular one. Then I got closer, and closer, and closer...

No, the horse armor was said to be an addon plugin for the last year and a half.
2006-04-04, 12:52 PM #630
Originally posted by Jepman:
No, the horse armor was said to be an addon plugin for the last year and a half.

How much do you want to bet they cut it from release just so they could sell it as an add on.
2006-04-04, 12:55 PM #631
Holy hell. 2 bucks is a ripoff for that. 2 cents and maybe I'd buy it, but for 2 bucks there's no chance in hell. It's all about value. If I get, well, Oblivion for 50 bucks, then horse armor should be a helluva lot less than 2. That would be like saying the whole game consists of 25 horse-armor-esque items. That's ****.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-04, 1:06 PM #632
:rolleyes:

Its 2 ****ing bucks. Big ****ing deal.
2006-04-04, 1:08 PM #633
You're missing the point. 2 bucks, sure, but for almost literally nothing. I've spent maybe 0.05% of the game on a horse, and I think horse armor is a stupid idea anyway.
2006-04-04, 1:18 PM #634
It isn't if you have a horse that likes to attack things like the black horse that Lucien gives you does!

Also.

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2321#gallery

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
2006-04-04, 1:25 PM #635
Well I think its an addition, and I think 2$ is nothing.

To each his own, mate.

They were going to make a holiday plugin, with various holidays. That got scrapped. I wouldn't have paid 2$ for that but others would and got pissed that it got scrapped. Its all about tastes and likes and dislikes here.
2006-04-04, 1:39 PM #636
Anyone know a good editing site? I want to try to mod in an eyepatch.
2006-04-04, 2:01 PM #637
What'd be cool is if for the eyepatch, you had to do a mission.

And you received the eyepatch permenantly, or something. Like it would give you some sort of power. Maybe have it so, it gives you a power you can use whenever for detect life, or boost your marksmanship exponentially for a short while at the cost of alot of fatigue and magicka.
2006-04-04, 2:27 PM #638
Overlord, there are no model importers right now for the game.
2006-04-04, 2:32 PM #639
Oh, :(
2006-04-04, 2:37 PM #640
Originally posted by Jepman:
Well I think its an addition, and I think 2$ is nothing.

To each his own, mate.

They were going to make a holiday plugin, with various holidays. That got scrapped. I wouldn't have paid 2$ for that but others would and got pissed that it got scrapped. Its all about tastes and likes and dislikes here.

Think about it. You just bought a gigantic gameworld for $50. Now you're going to pay $2 for two sets of armor?

↑ Up to the top!