Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
Thread of Oblivious Oblivion goodness
2006-04-05, 8:01 PM #681
I just killed my first guard.

Wee, I'm now more powerful than a gnat.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-05, 8:04 PM #682
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I just killed my first guard.

Wee, I'm now more powerful than a gnat.

You're as powerful as you'll ever be, minus any awesome items. An unfortunate, or fortunate, depending on your viewpoint, side effect of the scaling.
D E A T H
2006-04-05, 8:08 PM #683
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I just stole an Elder Scroll . Hell yeah, I rule.

Wasn't than an epic mission?

I totally KNEW those statues were going to come to life! I tried hopping up on there and beating on them ahead of time, but no luck. They were some tough SOB's for my character. I was even more pissed when I went to pick up one of their weapons and it disintegrated.
2006-04-05, 8:43 PM #684
What statues?
2006-04-05, 9:06 PM #685
The two that were on the small platforms where you used the arrow of extrication. When I used it and the door appeared, they came to life!
2006-04-05, 9:10 PM #686
Weird, didn't for me. Maybe I snuck past them...
2006-04-05, 9:12 PM #687
They freaking ran to me.

:(
2006-04-06, 12:57 AM #688
The Grey Fox totally screwed me over, sending me on a quest that required me to kill a Mages Guild member. Now I'm kicked out of the Mages Guild until I can get 20 vampire dusts and 20 Daedra Hearts :mad:
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-04-06, 1:19 AM #689
it's possible to complete every mission without killing.
2006-04-06, 1:43 AM #690
Not so much when you have 2 of those ice argonaut (not sure what their exact name is) 3 Flame argonauts, 2 daedre-something other (alligator lizard man things) and the mage himself pouncing on you when you step out the door. Not to mention I cant put on my sneak suit because it doesnt have the strength/feathering enchantments that my regular armor does, and I'm carrying 5k or 6k worth of loot on me.
2006-04-06, 1:45 AM #691
Drop the loot, come out at night, and sneak.
2006-04-06, 1:49 AM #692
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Not so much when you have 2 of those ice argonaut (not sure what their exact name is) 3 Flame argonauts, 2 daedre-something other (alligator lizard man things) and the mage himself pouncing on you when you step out the door. Not to mention I cant put on my sneak suit because it doesnt have the strength/feathering enchantments that my regular armor does, and I'm carrying 5k or 6k worth of loot on me.

Atronach.

Daedroth.

Sneak suit? You need a suit for sneaking? I wear a suit of gleaming metal when I sneak.
2006-04-06, 2:42 AM #693
well I dont have an unlimited capacity of time to sink into the game to build up my sneaking ability. I'm still an apprentice of sneak.
2006-04-06, 3:07 AM #694
I have my glass armour which glows. Your sneak doesn't need to be that high, just remember to turn autorun off or you'll have no chance.
2006-04-06, 6:14 AM #695
Wow. This game is totally awesome, but I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for some of the missions since I'm a little wood elf, and not a strong warrior type fellow. I haven't been playing for very long, though. I just know those big evil knight things in Oblivion are a heck of a lot taller than I am.
2006-04-06, 7:14 AM #696
Originally posted by Jepman:
Gotta love the ragdolls.

Not my picture, and the guy claims its an easter egg... not ragdoll effect. *shrug*

Actually, I've seen that myself, and it is an easter egg.

Not sure how to do spoiler so I'll leave the actual location up to you explorer folks, but I will say it requires some lock-picking.
Council of 14
2006-04-06, 12:00 PM #697
I ended up finding the chest by hovering just above the water, where I could see everything underwater as if it were above water, and saw it immediatly. That was annoying.

Then I went to the waterfront, wandered around a bit, then found myself in this temple with a bunch of traps. came across this girl who talked about a hungry sword. I, of course, was obliged to feed it. At level 5, I was no match... the first time. I reloaded and shot her from sneak with an arrow, literally halfing her health. Then, using my awesome backpeddling skills, I shot arrows at her while backing away from her around the room. She fell by my poisoned arrows. Then I ganked her awesome armor and sword... it's REALLY heavy, so I can't really move fast with it on, but oh my god, it's powerful. I'm going to try finding some tough enemies and whack them with my 11 damage sword wearing my 6 and 7 armor pieces, hopefuly leveling up enough where I can cary the armor and some other stuff without being overencumbered.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-06, 12:04 PM #698
It's far more effective to increase your loot capacity with potions of feather and spells of feather than it is to do so by leveling up.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-04-06, 12:06 PM #699
Rob, your character looks badass. Show me what he is wearing.

Also, what is an epic quest?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-04-06, 12:15 PM #700
It's far more effective to increase your loot capacity with potions of feather and spells of feather than it is to do so by leveling up.

Where can I get those? I've done little to NO magic.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-04-06, 12:27 PM #701
Alchemy isn't magic!

Umbra is a cool sword, but you lose it if you do the daedric quest for it.

And all you get is this lame *** ****ing helmet too.
2006-04-06, 12:34 PM #702
Originally posted by JediKirby:

You can get some while questing into caves.

Matter of fact, you can get some neat stuff. I found a ring of feather (20% feather on self, constant effect) and an amulet of seafarring (waterwalking constant)
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-04-06, 12:36 PM #703
I wear this robe that gives me 15% protection constant effect.

And you can wear your boots and gauntlets with it, and since my character uses light armor, it's pretty effective.

Too bad it's grey, and the hood I wear with it is black. :(
2006-04-06, 12:39 PM #704
Originally posted by JediKirby:

Go to the city with the mage's guild that sells alteration spells (Cheynnidad? Bravil? Can't remember). Buy a feather spell. Then, when you get into the academy, you can make feather spells with custom effectiveness and duration.
2006-04-06, 12:40 PM #705
I was walking around the Blade's temple... name eludes me right now >.< and I opened a small box in Martin's room and found a necklace that did 15% absorbtion on self (constant effect of course). It was worth 5k gold. I'm still wearing it for now, because absorption is quite a useful piece, but I might sell it sooner or later.
2006-04-06, 12:41 PM #706
Uh.. I got the exact same necklace when I became an evoker in the Mage's Guild.
2006-04-06, 12:43 PM #707
Maybe Martin was an evoker!

Btw, have any of you done the Pale Pass quest given by the Bruma Countess? I found that quest to be quite entertaining, it fed the Indiana Jones in me.
2006-04-06, 12:44 PM #708
So far my two favorite quests are Kvatch and the dream one. There's some other cool ones here and there, but a lot of them are pretty short and uninvolved.
2006-04-06, 12:45 PM #709
I'm going to finish up all of my active quests, and then start mages guild.

After that I'll probably do fighters guild.

And after that, daedric shrines.
2006-04-06, 12:47 PM #710
Just wait til you get to the second Fighter's guild quest. I laughed my *** off. You'll only get it if you did the Balmora fighter's guild quests in Morrowind though.
2006-04-06, 12:48 PM #711
I thought Kvatch was too damn short. Ended when you find the dead count , right?
2006-04-06, 12:50 PM #712
True.. But as a level 2 scout, it was hard as hell for me. :D Took a while. I had to lure the tough goblins in the castle back to the dude who can't die because I couldn't take them on myself
2006-04-06, 1:10 PM #713
Bleh. I think the spell absorbtion and spell reflect effects are next to useless in a normal Oblivion game since it's so easy just to side step spells. That's why I picked up a mod that increases their speed by 250%, making them a lot faster but still dodgable with skill and distance. Makes that anti-spell stuff much more valuable. Also got a mod that increases the speed of enemy arrows, which is nice.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-04-06, 1:33 PM #714
True.. But as a level 2 scout, it was hard as hell for me. :D Took a while. I had to lure the tough goblins in the castle back to the dude who can't die because I couldn't take them on myself

I went through there at level 2 with my Nord Swordsman and I bet it pretty easily. Did you have those 3 legion troopers following you?
2006-04-06, 1:34 PM #715
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Bleh. I think the spell absorbtion and spell reflect effects are next to useless in a normal Oblivion game since it's so easy just to side step spells. That's why I picked up a mod that increases their speed by 250%, making them a lot faster but still dodgable with skill and distance. Makes that anti-spell stuff much more valuable. Also got a mod that increases the speed of enemy arrows, which is nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to get my hands on the mod that increases knock back when enemies are killed with spells or weapons. Can't find it anymore! :(
2006-04-06, 1:35 PM #716
My birthsign is the Atronach, which is 50% spell absorption. It has nothing to do with protecting myself from spells. It's useful for me because I allow myself to be hit with magical spells. They make me more powerful.
2006-04-06, 1:57 PM #717
Oh.

Seeeelliingg timeee....
2006-04-06, 2:03 PM #718
Originally posted by Jon`C:
My birthsign is the Atronach, which is 50% spell absorption. It has nothing to do with protecting myself from spells. It's useful for me because I allow myself to be hit with magical spells. They make me more powerful.

Can you explain precisely what spell absorption does? What does 50% spell absorption mean for you when you get hit by a spell? What about a charm spell or a dispel spell or something non-destruction?

Thanks.
2006-04-06, 2:06 PM #719

Heh I was level 25-ish before I finally got to Kvatch and instead of Goblins I got literally dozens of Daedroth, storm atronachs, fire elementals and daedra in every area. That makes the invasion seem SO much more logical. unfortunately only I and one of the guards managed to survive all the way through. That future emperor guy did his best trying to keep everyone alive with his healing spells, but when we had to get in the castle I dismissed him because I was afraid he would die. That was some pretty intense stuff, spells were flying all over the place.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2006-04-06, 2:52 PM #720
I was level 1 when I went to Kvatch

↑ Up to the top!