Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anything games
123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748
Anything games
2018-11-13, 10:15 PM #521
Return of the Obra Dinn is real good
2018-11-14, 6:34 AM #522
I've been looking forward to it. Haven't bothered picking it up just yet because I'm in the middle of other stuff, but I ought to.
2018-11-14, 11:29 AM #523
Originally posted by saberopus:
I've been looking forward to it. Haven't bothered picking it up just yet because I'm in the middle of other stuff, but I ought to.

It's pretty short, fwiw--I finished in a weekend and about 10hrs total playtime, I would say? I took a break from RDR2 to get thru it. Fun to play with some other people.
2018-11-14, 11:40 AM #524
I would love to play it, but I'm kinda intimidated by it. It's been ages since I did any kind of puzzling.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-11-15, 11:48 AM #525
Finally been paying some love to Alan Wake. Nearing half way through. Love it.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-11-15, 6:27 PM #526
Elder Scrolls 6 is using the Creation Engine.

Bethesda..
2018-11-15, 7:25 PM #527
Originally posted by Reid:
Elder Scrolls 6 is using the Creation Engine.

Bethesda..

I don’t understand why people are freaking out about it. Their engine isn’t why their games are buggy.

Would you prefer they switch to Id tech umpteen so they can ship Elder Scrolls Andromeda?
2018-11-16, 8:19 AM #528
ICYMI (and care), Blizzard is giving away Destiny 2 on Battle.net for a couple more days.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-11-19, 4:54 AM #529
My wife and me finally started to play The Old Republic again. We had stopped when her pregnancy was making it too difficult for her to sit very long and since then never found the time to pick it up again. Now, over six years later we're finally back at it and having a blast. It's funny how she's still complaining about the stuff she complained about back then (and how Everquest 2 was so much better) but afterwards telling me how much fun it was.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-11-30, 3:30 PM #530
Crusader Kings II is great. What other game lets you go on crusades, marry off your daughters to secure alliances, inbreed your dynasty until you're all imbeciles, or discover half of your kids are from another man?
2018-11-30, 4:01 PM #531
Crusader Kings II is great. What other game lets you go on crusades, marry off your daughters to secure alliances, inbreed your dynasty until you're all imbeciles, or discover half of your kids are from another man?

WoW
2018-11-30, 4:42 PM #532
Originally posted by Jon`C:
WoW

Damn, now that's a joke.
2018-12-01, 4:59 PM #533

A friend of mine bet me I couldn't make even 1 minute of Euro Truck Simulator footage interesting.

Did I win?
2018-12-01, 5:30 PM #534
2018-12-01, 5:37 PM #535
Originally posted by Steven:

Damn!
2018-12-09, 4:24 PM #536
Can we talk about what a colossal ****up Fallout 76 is?

Bethesda releases it, and it sucks. It's the boring loot grind cycle of Fallout 4 with even less story. It has a multitude of bugs. Apparently the network protocol is in plaintext, so the most amateur wireshark user is able to create hacks. Bethesda fails to deliver what was advertised in the "dupes who spend their money on stupid ****" version of the game. Now, it turns out their customer support website was sending people a bunch of random tickets that weren't theirs, revealing personal information such as names, addresses, and credit card details.
2018-12-10, 10:18 AM #537
I recently beat Dark Souls (except for Gwyn, saving that for after the DLC) and that is a Very Good Game. I find it to be a bit too obtuse at times e.g. the way you access the painting world, but on the whole it was excellent. I tried very hard to avoid guides until I reached the final fight, and I think that improved my experience a lot. I'm actually annoyed that the video game gets a reputation for being so difficult, because it isn't. I avoided it largely because I thought it was some self-flagellation video game where the whole draw was the difficulty, but in fact it's a beautiful world with intricate connections between zones and astounding atmosphere. The majority of the game I ran around two-handing Quelaag's Furysword and pumping my Dex stat, and that was a lot of fun.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2018-12-13, 9:30 AM #538
Full Throttle Remastered is currently available for free on gog.com. Not the best LucasArts adventure but still pretty good.
Sorry for the lousy German
2018-12-13, 10:05 AM #539
Ooh, even though I've stopped playing games in practice, I shall snatch that (if only for remembering the game from Finnish game magazine covers in the 1990s).
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2018-12-13, 10:10 AM #540
I also like how my review of SotE is still the "most helpful" one on GOG
https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_shadows_of_the_empire
2018-12-18, 12:32 AM #541
I'm playing Assassin's Creed - Odyssey, and I love it. It's a masterpiece to me, and I like it better than I liked the Witcher 3.

The way they recreated Greece on scale, and littered it with Ancient Greek cities, culture and history, is just outstanding to me. The gameplay and systems are just great fun, too.

It's hard to get me excited about games anymore, but this one is warmly recommended.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-12-19, 3:23 PM #542
[https://i.redd.it/rdu8j0tvucv11.png]

So what's the future of Twitch? Because as it is right now, it's just a place where sad and pathetic men pay money to women for mock attention. This model is unsustainable, right? And unethical, too?

Also, does anyone else find it incredibly depressing that there are people out there who will pay thousands of dollars to watch a pretty girl say thank you to their e-handle while playing games?
2018-12-19, 3:49 PM #543

So what's the future of Twitch? Because as it is right now, it's just a place where sad and pathetic men pay money to women for mock attention. This model is unsustainable, right? And unethical, too?

Also, does anyone else find it incredibly depressing that there are people out there who will pay thousands of dollars to watch a pretty girl say thank you to their e-handle while playing games?

I mean yeah, but that's not really a comprehensive picture of what Twitch is, who's on it, or what people use it for?
2018-12-19, 3:55 PM #544
I mean yeah, but that's not really a comprehensive picture of what Twitch is, who's on it, or what people use it for?

What? Get outta here with your "facts", saberopus. I'll stick to my wrongness no matter how wrong.:hist101:
2018-12-19, 4:58 PM #545

I mean, at least they’re only paying money. Some dudes will commit treason.
2018-12-20, 12:17 AM #546
I mean yeah, but that's not really a comprehensive picture of what Massassi is, who's on it, or what people use it for?

Once the hub of all things FGR, by the end of 2019 it will probably be just Jon and Jones, and to realize that the mobile version seems to be more up-to-date than the standard version.
2018-12-20, 1:04 AM #547
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
Once the hub of all things FGR, by the end of 2019 it will probably be just Jon and Jones, and to realize that the mobile version seems to be more up-to-date than the standard version.

Discord is more active than the forums amazingly
2018-12-20, 2:12 AM #548
Speaking of games, here's the full-res version of my latest wackyhilarious Garfield edit.

[Unable to find specified attachment]

It actually is my best modification this year.
2018-12-20, 10:54 AM #549
I was suuuuper sick for the past two weeks, and used it as a chance to catch up on old point and click adventure games I never got around to playing. Curse of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle were wonderful.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2018-12-20, 11:38 AM #550
Love the LucasArts/Sierra era.

Don't skip Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. That and Monkey Island 1 are my favorite adventures.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2018-12-20, 11:44 AM #551
The Dig is also very good
2018-12-20, 11:46 AM #552
Originally posted by happydud:
I was suuuuper sick for the past two weeks, and used it as a chance to catch up on old point and click adventure games I never got around to playing. Curse of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle were wonderful.

I'm coming down with my third cold this season. I think college freshmen are covered in germs.

Any games you'd recommend over Sickmas break?
2018-12-20, 11:56 AM #553
Man, I freaking love those games. I've played a few of the HD remakes. Grim Fandango has controller support now, which makes it far more approachable, and Full Throttle is a game I'll always recommend.

Not really in the same vein, I recently beat Hyper Light Drifter, and though it was really frustrating at first, I really enjoyed it when I figured out the mechanics. The Long Dark is also a really nice game to play on a cold winter night.
My blawgh.
2018-12-20, 9:59 PM #554
I'm coming down with my third cold this season. I think college freshmen are covered in germs.

Any games you'd recommend over Sickmas break?

God. I had to take a flight with two layovers so I've been travelling for nearly 15 hours. Halfway through I started developing a fever and chills. This has been as terrible a day as it could be without losing anything or getting stuck somewhere.
2018-12-20, 10:02 PM #555
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Man, I freaking love those games. I've played a few of the HD remakes. Grim Fandango has controller support now, which makes it far more approachable, and Full Throttle is a game I'll always recommend.

Not really in the same vein, I recently beat Hyper Light Drifter, and though it was really frustrating at first, I really enjoyed it when I figured out the mechanics. The Long Dark is also a really nice game to play on a cold winter night.

Hmm, I might try Grim Fandango. As a kid I had one of those LucasArts games catalogues and thought it looked cool. I also thought Yoda Stories looked cool but everybody says it sucked..
2018-12-21, 5:17 AM #556
+1 Grim Fandango
-1 Yoda Stories

The Knights of the Old Republic series, Dark Forces Series, Tie Fighter series, Splinter Cell series, Thief series, Witcher series, and Bioshock series are all on sale on GOG right now. For $40 you can get all of them and have two years worth of games. Grim Fandango, Indy/Atlantis, and several others are also on sale. Check the sale page.
2018-12-21, 8:33 AM #557
I didn't think I would die on this hill. . . But Yoda Stories wasn't completely void of enjoyment.
I originally played it on a Lucasarts demo CD that had demos for Outlaws, Jedi Knight, Escape from Monkey Island, and some other games. And as an 9 or 10 year old I thought Yoda Stories was a pretty fun game on a boring day, which is probably the only way to go about it. The biggest complaint I've seen is that people don't know how to navigate the world. After some trial and error I found that you could find a locator within the 8 squares surrounding the home point, and then from there you had a rough idea of the world layout, which marked which squares contained puzzles that had or hadn't been completed yet.
A few years later I torrented the full game (I wont argue that it is worth paying for) and found the variety in the maps kind of fun, and the fact you could get a different experience each play-thru was appealing. Though the art style was butt ugly.
My blawgh.
2018-12-22, 11:48 AM #558
Originally posted by Tenshu:
Love the LucasArts/Sierra era.

Don't skip Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. That and Monkey Island 1 are my favorite adventures.

I played through Fate of Atlantis about 5 years ago. Tons of fun, but includes one of my least favorite/most "WTF" solutions to a puzzle ever (something about putting crabs in a rib cage or something).

Reid - Day of the Tentacle, Curse of Monkey Island. :)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2018-12-22, 11:49 AM #559
I remember playing Yoda Stories when I was really young, and I remember enjoying it. But I also suspect if I played it now, it would be terrible.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2018-12-22, 1:12 PM #560
Oh **** boyz, apparently there's a DLC coming up for AC:Odyssey called "Fate of Atlantis"
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748

↑ Up to the top!