Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → NeS workshop
NeS workshop
2005-06-12, 5:47 AM #441
Like I've said before, once I finish my bit with Michael and do the epilogue, TLTE (and presumably the heroes that helped him) will return swiftly to Earth and the story-arcs will combine...
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2005-06-12, 10:33 AM #442
Since we're getting close to the end of the space station, i figured that the heroes would return to earth to help the rest. However, they're geting close to the end, themselves, so i think it depends on who writes. for the space station, we still have Krig, TLTE, and myself (though i'm not doing too much with the mains tory-arc atm, but will soon), while i think you're the only one actively writing for the HHH storyline right now. So, if they come back, you guys may finish, but if not, Krig, TLTE, and I can help you finish up that arc when we finish with the station.
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-06-14, 2:56 AM #443
Like Noble said, all the storyarcs are pretty close to finishing, so having TLTE and them return to help either group seems unlikely. Besides, TLTE and the others shouldn't have any particular reason to help Ante & co. unless they get in trouble themselves (remember: nobody knows yet where Gebohq is, or if he's even alive), and nobody should really know there's even trouble at the HHH. Like Noble said though, we'll see how it plays out.

Also, a good word I think for Morthrandur: peradventure.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-06-14, 3:29 PM #444
Just a request when TLTE gets to level 10:

Make sure TLTE saves Subaru :p

And if you want, have her sit out on the side and heal herself (new power she obtains). It would be like a blue glow that would slowly heal her wounds, but would use a lot of energy, so would most likely wear her out.

Kthnx, that is all :D
2005-06-14, 7:29 PM #445
If you insist, Matty...I wasn't aware you had other plans for her, she's literally been gone since the first couple of pages. I had intended for her to actually die, since that would create impetus for good character development and actual plot...but if you genuinely had an idea for her all along then I'll spare her.
2005-06-16, 7:28 AM #446
Quote:
Originally posted by The Last True Evil
If you insist, Matty...I wasn't aware you had other plans for her, she's literally been gone since the first couple of pages. I had intended for her to actually die, since that would create impetus for good character development and actual plot...but if you genuinely had an idea for her all along then I'll spare her.

Yay. It was everyone else's idea to suddenly kill her, not me. I do have plans for a death in the family though. :D
2005-06-16, 7:43 AM #447
It had better not be one of your more likeable characters...I like them :mad:

We need to be more careful with the enormity of our ensemble cast in future, methinks. I mean, as it stands right now, it seems like many of our NeS Heroes themselves are but cameo roles in the stories....
2005-06-16, 2:19 PM #448
Indeed. For instance, try as I might, I can never seem to find a way to work my own character (Krig) into a more active role in the plot. There's just to many others vying for top spot. I think we need to try to limit things to maybe six or seven Heroes "out adventuring" at one time.

Which causes me to remember something, let me see if I can find -- ah! Here it is: This Game, Prime Time Adventures, actually deals with this very issue very well. It might be a little too structured to apply directly to NeS (although I'd love to play an actual game of it some time), but the principles behind it would be useful to keep in mind. Screen Presence, mainly, but the others would be interesting too.

Plus, the game session described in that link ("Moose in the City") is quite amazing, really.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2005-06-17, 1:50 PM #449
Quote:
Originally posted by Krig_the_Viking
Indeed. For instance, try as I might, I can never seem to find a way to work my own character (Krig) into a more active role in the plot.

Rrg. you and me both. although, i seem to remeber you making Qwerty 'dissapear'! nah, just kidding. but it still is a bit annyoing to have a character shoved out of the plot all the time.

Anyway, on to more imporant things. i won't be able to get on my computer for a little bit, so i'd really like it if someone were to take the Qwerty fight themselves, if you could, jsut to bring it to the point that he rejoins the heroes before level 10, beyond that, the sky's the limit, anything that you want to happen before or after that point is fine to happen.

Ninja Edit: aha, so Ford already started doing that. awesome. thanks ford!
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2005-06-20, 1:55 PM #450
For the record, I am too tired/lazy to go back and turn all my bold in the latest post into italics.

So... uh... deal with it. Or something.
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2005-06-20, 7:17 PM #451
That post was nothing short of epic, Ante. You somehow got everything right, even the barely-planned stuff I never told anyone about.

*golf claps*
2005-06-21, 9:55 PM #452
:eek:

Great post, Ante...
2005-06-23, 7:25 PM #453
Firstly, just to say here on the workshop, Ante's post was TEH AWESOME! In other news, I updated the update section, and it'll likely get updated again soon as we move into a new storyarc and such.

Notes to self (and others if they wish to pick up on it):
1) Have Gebiyl (in Geb's body) wisk Young away, with chock-full of possible problems:
  • Gebiyl is in Gebohq's body, which is uber-weak from all the running, bloodink drained, mental strain of recent events (read: mind's effects on body) and malnutrition over the past few weeks.
  • Gebiyl is in Gebohq's body. It DOES have all the perks of a good guy's body, including benefit of the doubt from heroes surrounding him.
  • while possibly more under 'control' than previously, the EeP still resides in him. Thus, Gebiyl will still likely struggle with the EeP at the most inopportune times.
  • besides the NeSwords and other items of the heroes from the Dreamstate storyarc, now has possession of the darksaber, which contains the essences of Helebon/the future Darkside. The darksaber will likely only increase Gebiyl's evil side, and will likely be even more problematic in conjunction with the EeP (which had controlled the future Darkside prior to being imprisoned in the darksaber). The darksaber might also have bloodink in it due to Helebon's presence in it.
  • where can he go? Probably has enough power to cut a magical escape route into... NeShattered? The closest thing to a "safe home" for him, though Darth Vice/TLTE clones might be over-taking it in his absence.
  • Young, in theory, knows that Gebiyl is a bad guy, though if she's slow in catching on that Gebiyl is in Gebohq's body and/or she actually trusts Gebiyl to some degree, might not be as much of a threat. She'll likely do what the writers DON'T want her to do.
  • Last, but not least, the other heroes, who may or may not catch on, or say Dalaes or Thrawn actually doing s'more villiany and attack who they think is Gebohq.

2) Haggis and Otter will hopefully join Ante's group, perhaps Otter in a drunken state will accidentially help Gebiyl escape with Young. See: earlier workshop post hoping to do something with Otter's alcoholism.

3) Sun-creating engine -- perhaps the star, instead of turning into a normal star, turns kalidescope purple and casts a not-so-visual light on Earth that has some supernatural effects...? Perhaps whatever the effects end up being will be part of Dalaes' plan kept secret from the late Helebon (as he was the benefactor of sun-creating engine). The nerd in me would also be curious to know where the new star/Jupiter is in relation to the Earth and primary sun at any given time <_<

4) Will Phil be able to do anything before this storyarc officially ends? Doesn't look like it, but it'd be nice...

5) *insert something here I'm likely forgetting. Argh.*

Hopefully I can get off my lazy butt (metaphorically speaking) and write a storypost dealing with this sort of stuff in the near future. We'll see how it goes.
2005-06-24, 9:51 AM #454
Hi... I've read over the past handful of posts for NeSquared, so if nobody minds, I'm going to throw in a short introduction of "Matterialize" before it ends, ok? Nothing too big, but I'd like to be able to get off to a running start when the next chapter begins.

He's basically just gonna show up randomly at Hele-thingy's Citadel, by coincidence, and perhaps offer a lift to the heroes already there out of kindness?

By the way... is the Citadel in space or on the Earth?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-06-24, 10:39 AM #455
hey guys, i swear i'll be back really soon. jsut wanted to say two thigns to Matt: first, Citadel's on earth. you probably already figured that out but i felt i'd say it anyway. and secondly, that post was hilarious. glad to have you aboard. i see a bright future, if that post was any indication :)
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2005-06-24, 10:41 AM #456
! w00t i

Muchas gracias, hombre.

Ciao for now, guys.
2005-06-24, 11:14 AM #457
Oh, i just thought of something about Bhac. Now, because he's a hand, bhac should notice the presence of the Eep in Geb and the fact that gebohq isn't actually gebohq. However, i think if i were to draw notice to that, it would be too revealing, and while Bhac would like to ally with Gebiyl, since he's evil ad all, he wouldn't ally with the Eep at any cost. so, i just remeebred that i mentioned the he lost a lot of power in becoming Qwerty, so he won't be able to notice the Eep. He may be able to notice Helebon's bloodink in the saber, if tehre's any in there, considering his affinity to blood, but he won't be able to notice much else. just wanted to put that out there for furture reference.
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2005-06-25, 10:51 AM #458
So, I'm sure you all know that I'm a bit of an anime fan... (ok, maybe junkie is a better term)... but lately I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist. Oddly enough, the first batch of episodes I got came with the first soundtrack album, which contains a particular song to which I would like to bring attention.

The name of the song is "Bratja" which is the russian word for "brothers" for those of you interested. The entire song is in russian and sung by a young man (or a woman who sounds like a boy), and the lyrics seem (at least to me) to fit the whole finale of the TLTE/MacLongname conflict... So, for your reading pleasure, here is the link to the lyrics. For those of you having difficulty finding the song file itself who'd like to hear it, lemme know and I'll see what we can work out.

http://www.animelyrics.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=16826
2005-06-27, 9:33 AM #459
Please warn me if I ever make any of us a winner in this game while talking about ISB stuff:

http://www.redcoat.net/pics/bull****bingo.jpg

WARNING: Strong language in the link.
2005-07-06, 8:16 AM #460
I'm not finishing the TLTE/Michael saga until some progress is made with the Blackguard fight. It just wouldn't make sense otherwise...
2005-07-11, 12:04 AM #461
Well, I haven't taken a stab at Blackguard yet, but hopefully you'll find my post still good stuff.

Despite my intentions to keep the writers outside the "story" of NeS as oppose to past early NeS pages, as well as my intentions to keep the writers more or less reflections of us, I've bent my own rules in this post. So... the whole spiel that's given in it? Ficticious. Nothing to worry about on my end :)

Well, except for TLTE's mad posting streak. He's been the NeS man these days. We're all lazy bums. We need to pick up the slack.

I feel I'm forgetting something... <_<
2005-07-11, 12:54 PM #462
http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34064 Ta-da!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-07-11, 6:35 PM #463
i will write soon! probably...ish.. i'm sorry, but i'm working 59 hours this week, so i don't have too much time, but i'll try! but if i don't get anywhere, someone needs to get Qwerty to level nine and Balckgaurd with the oeehr heroes! please?

Edit: just wanted to add something based on geb's last post, somethign that has cropped up before. with the whole Bhac/Mayaal conflict thing: it isn't really just the two of them going at it. As geb said, if it was, no one would really care. We create conflict. we mix stuff up so that battles last longer then they should, or story arcs are bigger then usual, or simply push people into other places so that conflict can take place. just wanted to say that, since the hands have been referred to several times as only fighting one-on-one.
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2005-07-16, 9:13 PM #464
So you all know, I'll be out for a week on a familiy vacation starting now, so I won't be able to make a post for a while.
2005-07-16, 9:50 PM #465
So you all know, I'll be out for a week on a familiy vacation starting now, so I won't be able to make a post (about the game) for a while. (I'm serious too)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-07-20, 12:03 PM #466
Whew! I'm back. I forgot to tell everyone, I was on vacation for a week... what'd I miss? A lot, by the looks of the new templates... or maybe that's just my computer?
2005-07-20, 8:24 PM #467
You missed nothing, my friend. The others have forsaken us, and I'm just lying here waiting to die.
2005-07-24, 12:43 PM #468
Alright, what the hell? A week without so much as even a BUMP?

There's something seriously wrong around here. On a related note, has anyone heard from Krig?
2005-07-25, 2:51 AM #469
No word. Rally the troops, boss-man, or this ends badly for us all...
2005-07-25, 5:28 AM #470
The word may or may not be bird. Or such things as "outprocessing bonanza" and/or "incirlik sprintathalon". I've been tossing ideas in my head again. Unfortunately, they probably won't help the MacLongname Arc, or, as it will be known from henceforth, the "longarc".
2005-07-25, 5:55 AM #471
At this point, Ante, I'd take what I could get in the way of NeS posts...
2005-07-25, 8:22 AM #472
So, yeah... that bump is because while I have some ideas that could probably come together, being awake for 12+ hours after 1.5 hours of sleep the night before actually leaves me incoherent enough to organize the thoughts into something that resembles a post. But trust me, the ideas are there. Really.
2005-07-25, 10:38 AM #473
hrmage. well, i have a massive amoiut of work this week (65+ hours) but i'll see if i can get a giood post out. hopefully that'll be a kick in the pants to get this thing moving again, though ford's posts messed me up a bit.
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2005-07-25, 5:19 PM #474
It's not much, but it's something. Even if it was forced with the line "help NeS you, you're NeS only hope." :P
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-07-28, 12:16 AM #475
Reminder to self: fix all the links in the workshop and storythreads. Dern new forums screwing up the links...
2005-07-29, 12:39 AM #476
Thank God, Krig's back.

I was hoping to have all the Jupiter heroes present for the epilogue to make it more satisfying, but I may still employ a simple plot hole and allow for this to take place anyway...

EDIT: Oh, and Bright-garbed Man = jediKirby?
2005-07-29, 12:56 AM #477
Not likely. Kirby died and became Mayaal/Bhac. I believe the bright-garved man is an angel, but I could be wrong.

And even though I told you already, nice post Krig!
2005-07-29, 7:24 PM #478
Hiya guys. Sorry for my prolonged absence -- I guess it was one of those things where I didn't really realise how long it'd been since I'd posted. Oh well, all better now. :)

And no, the bright man is not JediKirby the White. I've been getting around to this post for, like, the past year or so. It's good to get started.
2005-08-01, 12:47 AM #479
Note: Make Gebiyl more of a poser by being able to 'geb' backwards and, because he's a villian, be aggressive with it. See Zelda: Ocarina of Time speedrun.

And since I have a week free now until more show performances for the weekend, I'll do what I can in the posting department :)
2005-08-01, 3:38 PM #480
*applauds quietly*
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!