Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → NeS workshop
NeS workshop
2006-01-17, 8:34 AM #641
That's cool, TLTE and Sarn and dudes. I have some ideas for tying stuff together (and hopefully not screwing things up) that I intend to work on this weekend.

By the way, is NeS #1 on this board?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-01-17, 2:02 PM #642
Someone make a post. I'm booooorreed.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-01-17, 2:29 PM #643
Hey everybody

I have some really tough classes this quarter and I won't be posting very often as I have tons of studying and reading. I just want to clear up some confusion about Sok Munkey/ John Von Xombie. I have kept him rather vague as a character to allow him to develop, through the eclectic writing styles of our many authors, but I think It's starting to confuse people and hinder the flow of the story.

SM/JVX isn't really a zombie, he's a half-blood. He worked in a warehouse at one time, and a shipment of monkeys for expiriments in psychological/behavioral studies was shipped to the ware house. A careless employee mishandled the monkeys and was bit by a particularly aggressive one. Afraid of reprisal, the employee kept quiet about it. He was exposed to a virus and began a chain reaction that exposed almost the entire employee population. Catching the pandemic quickly, the warehouse went into lockdown with all the employees inside and left several survivors behind inadvertently, SM among them. The virus ran its course, (the zombies starved and killed each other off) and the few survivors emerged from the break room they barricaded themselves in at the onset.

SM was also exposed to the virus, but for some reason he acquired an immunity before the infection fully ran its course and became irreversible. He never fully turned zombie, but he never really recovered from the virus either. The physical changes that occured (Extreme pain threshold due to nerve damage/deadening, unnatural strength from muscle tissue alterations, berserker furies from altered neurological brain circuitry, Hightened night-vision from changes in the eyes.) were cut off in the early stages, but never actually healed. The virus bred less-than-typical zombies, with a preference to dark and prone to berserking rages. The whole exposure thing is supposed to be like Shaun of the Dead in style. Anyway, this post has gone on longer than I intended, :o but that hopefully will clear up any questions you have about what the hell is up with SM.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2006-01-19, 6:18 AM #644
A couple of notes on my most recent post:

Ante lied to Vashuko about the Ultimate Convention because, well, as far as I'm concerned it's still in effect and what's more fun than manipulating a demon?

About the Battle of Victoria: What better way to tie in the African Campaign than to insinuate that the prior heroes had managed to create Victoria Falls through a temporal distortion and the destruction of three demons, who happened to be elemental lords?

About the confrontation with Hermes: The HTM will be explained soonish, I already walked Geb through the basic idea of it. As for how it helped Ante to gain the upper hand, rest assured that rather than simply affecting a factor of speed, he affected a factor of time.

That's it for this post. I'll get to another one in the nearer futurey thing.
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2006-01-19, 9:46 PM #645
You all may find this amusing:

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=38811#post612659
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-01-22, 7:18 AM #646
Some great posts lately, my friends. Conversely, I've choked on Writer's Block and a lack of free time. Ah, how the tables have turned since my posting glut in the last few pages.

Some good news, however: I've made a breakthrough in Arkng Thand's character. I'm personally quite excited by the concept I've developed, but must frustrate you by being vague at this point. More on this (hopefully a lot more) soon.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2006-01-23, 12:27 AM #647
I'll have a post on the Hawthorne/CSotD plot sometime tomorrow after classes.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-01-25, 11:03 AM #648
Sarn, In regard's to you last post (it was a good post BTW). I just have one slight piece of errata:

Up until now the Detective has not known Hawthorne's name (as a transient Hawthorne does not easily show up in police records), nor does he know Bhac's name (as a hand of NeS, he CERTANLY does no show up in police records).

You can certainly just disregard this useless fact, or we can assume that at some point the Detective has/will drill Sarn for the names of his companions.
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either

2006-01-25, 11:53 AM #649
Poof. I've lost the plot. As if the bloody thing was findable in the first place.

I'll write stuff as soon as I work out what's happening.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-01-25, 11:57 AM #650
Good luck. Even I'm confused right now, and I'm supposed to be the freakin' NeS encyclopedia! It's making it hard to update the update section anyway...

Help, anyone?
2006-01-25, 12:41 PM #651
I can give you the rundown on the Hawthorne/Thatchett, Sasha, Bhac, Sarn, Sok, Voodoo, and Detective front.

Good luck on the congo stuff, I know that Ares and Morris are out there somewhere, plus the robots and the potentials, and CM's crew. Beyond that, no clue.

2006-01-25, 12:49 PM #652
Yeah, that'd be good :)
2006-01-25, 2:52 PM #653
Oh, whoops. Didn't realize he didn't have Hawthorne's name. Guess we could assume that he's got just a name and is digging for info (which would explain his interest in Hawthorne). I wasn't gonna even bring up Bhac.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-01-27, 8:21 PM #654
hehe.. I found an astro van. :D
Attachment: 10076/astrovan.jpg (41,340 bytes)

2006-01-30, 3:10 PM #655
I just wanted to say, Tracer.. That post was absolutely supurb. :D

2006-02-03, 11:35 PM #656
Yeah, Tracer's always had the cool posts :) Just wanted to say that I "updated" the update section, but if anyone sees something wrong, lemme know and I'll fix it.

TLTE: you may be interested to know that I filled out Losien's character sheet on the ISB char. sheet thread. Also, e-mail me about your revelation on Thand already ;)

Also, just wanted to re-iterate that all you newer writers are doing a fantastic job. West Wind, Majir, Sok Munkey, Voodoosnowflake, Sarn Cadrill (though not really new), Tracer (definately not new, but apparently back after some hiatus) -- thanks, and I'm sorry I haven't been working with "your" part of NeS. I hope I didn't forget anyone who's new since this storyarc...
2006-02-05, 7:05 PM #657
I'm not dead, I just went to visit Krig on the little-known island of Absentia. Krig sends his regards, but only I returned. A post, shortly.
2006-02-05, 7:14 PM #658
[QUOTE=The Last True Evil]I'm not dead, I just went to visit Krig on the little-known island of Absentia. Krig sends his regards, but only I returned. A post, shortly.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you got to VISIT each other? Awesome! One of you has to tell me how that went! :p
2006-02-06, 2:29 AM #659
I... I just... I have this weird feeling that TLTE meant he visited Krig symbolically.

But then again, I've been known to be wrong.

On an almost related note, I had a dream the other day that Krig actually worked in one of the shops next to mine here at Yokota and that I just realized it while listening to a conversation that he and Geb were having over some kind of voice chat and noticing that he was, in fact, sitting at a console across the room from me.

Weird, huh...?

Oh, and maybe I'll catch up soon so I can post again. Or something.

PS: TLTE, you gonna visit me while I'm in Japanland?
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2006-02-06, 12:48 PM #660
Absent..ia... ugh. I feel like such a moron. Nevermind, TLTE....
2006-02-06, 3:32 PM #661
That's okay. You could still visit me at my house.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-02-13, 10:35 PM #662
I think I may do a small V-day post tomorrow. Yeah, I'm sucking at making actual story posts right now. Sorry.
2006-02-14, 5:43 PM #663
Originally posted by Majiir:
hawthorne / thatchett & detective post forthcoming . . .

exciting... I can hardly wait.

*anticipation*

[I've been waiting liek 2 hours now... This had better be good. :| ]

2006-02-15, 12:58 AM #664
Finally, I am free! I broke the spell of Writersblockia!!!

(Note to Geb: that isn't an actual spell. It's a joke.)
2006-02-16, 12:45 AM #665
First off, TLTE: check your e-mail.

Secondly, I didn't end up even doing a Valentine's Day post. Blah.

Lastly, nobody like you, TLTE. Noooobody like you :p I might forgive you, however, if you just e-mailed me your ideas instead of waiting for that blue moon where we're both on MSN messenger.

And since that blue moon came momnents after this post, I'll say check your e-mail instead.
2006-02-20, 11:44 PM #666
You are all cleared for Postage.

Also, I made a quick update to the history part of Hawthornes ISB character sheet, I should probably overhaul the whole thing but I dont have time tonight.

2006-02-22, 9:54 PM #667
the internet. a busy place, but sometimes smaller than it seems. in a busy hub, majiir walks by sarn and sarn steps on his foot. sarn turns to apologize, but freezes at a blank grin on majiir's face.

sarn: umm... sorry?
majiir: hey sarn...
sarn: ...

majiir leans really close to sarn to whisper in his ear.

majiir: post for nes or i'll use my feminine wiles on you.
sarn: but you're a... guy...
majiir: exactly.
sarn: you're not...?
majiir: no . . .
. . . but i still have them.

sarn vanishes in a puff of smoke, presumably to find a computer to type up a post

note: the word "sarn" is synonymous with "geb" "voodoo" or "tlte" or anyone i'm forgetting, as the case may be.

consider yourselves bumped.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." (Groucho Marx)
2006-02-22, 11:19 PM #668
lol, I'll get something up tomorrow, hopefully.

had kind of a... strange weekend, so my mind's been on other things.

2006-03-05, 12:30 PM #669
hope i didn't step on your toes with my last post, sarn. i tried to minimize its profile in the overall story plot while still developing the detective's past. if you need me to, i can remove that last sequence for continuity.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." (Groucho Marx)
2006-03-06, 12:27 PM #670
nah, it's good.

2006-03-06, 9:37 PM #671
Top Gun meets NeS meets Mr. T.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-03-07, 11:39 AM #672
Hello, everyone. I think I want to start adding to NeS, but that means I've got a lot of background reading to do.

If anyone remembers, I tried introducing a character near the end of a story-arc (the one that ended at the Hall of Heroes, formerly Big Ben, where demons and such had spilled forth into our world), but it didn't fly. So, I'm going to wait until the next story arc to introduce a character.

ANYWAY, I'd still like to post in this arc. That's cool, right? I'll probably stay away from making any drastic plot twists until I get a little more experienced.

Okay?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-07, 12:03 PM #673
Matt, awesome. We'd love to have you. Try starting out with the Sarn/Voodoo story arc if you want something simple. It's the easiest to follow right now.

And Tracer, where the q did that come from?

I'm totally confused now.

2006-03-07, 1:12 PM #674
I don't know.

Dammit! I didn't see the part about Sarn getting out of the Police Station. Just disregard my post. Sorry.

(I've been thinking that it would be really funny if Gebohq or somebody was in a Top Gun parody, but he seems to be doing something big and important with TLTE (the characters, I mean) so I picked Sarn and missed on the continuity. Some ideas are just bad. Again, sorry)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-03-08, 1:46 AM #675
eh, no big deal. love that last "writers realm post" btw. :)

2006-03-08, 5:33 PM #676
That's alright, Tracer. I finally got an idea to resuscitate our end of the storytelling (Geb/TLTE/Ante/Co) and, what do you know, it came to me while I was revisiting a classic video game. More on this soon.
2006-03-08, 7:38 PM #677
Tracer: covered. :p

We can even work it in to the storyline. :)

2006-03-14, 3:52 PM #678
OK, I so have an awesome post idea mostly concerning Gebohq and Erronem, but I really can't get to writing it properly until tomorrow. I just felt the need to say that, yes, I finally got a (mostly) "legitimate" story post idea, and that I'll hopefully be posting it soon!

In other news, I may have found a new artist for the NeS comic, as Krig won't be doing the art anymore. I'll keep you all updated on that :)
2006-03-16, 1:43 PM #679
So while I'm glad I got people excited about our part of the story... how'd CM (in Mimiru's body) get inside the space with Erronem and Gebohq? Don't mean to burst a bubble in the fun, just seems a little odd, is all.
2006-03-16, 3:10 PM #680
Quote:
The rock that imprisons Gebohq falls away, leaving Gebohq to fall on the ground, heaving sobs of tears.
I thought that meant the dome fell away...

Guess you were just referring to the rocks that were holding him in place? Whoops. *shrug*

(btw, Cm's wound is not fatal of course... I envision Mimiru giving him a hard time for not taking care of her body after he recovers)

↑ Up to the top!