Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → NeS workshop
NeS workshop
2006-06-15, 3:32 AM #761
Quote:
The only references to JM in NeS I remember were 1) when he pretended to be Zeus on page 1 and 2) When he was trying to get someone or other to find the "perfect level" in the mid-twenties (page-wise). I also don't remember a Sluggo or an NC, or you for that matter (at least under this screenname). Can you give me some more reminders?

The first NES thread came up after a rather long story thread. Brian Lozier was the evil overlord (ie, palpatine) I was his deadly lacky (Darth Vader) in this case in a space suit. NorthChaos and Slug were in it to. I think Neb was too. Don't remember those people? Well, it's been awhile. Not many of us from back then are left. I think Jepman was there. Kirby might have been, if he was going as the d[face]b thing at the time.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-15, 3:38 AM #762
Ohhh, I found it.

Quote:
J-bob: How beautiful...if only I could stand now...

booming voice: THE PERFECT LEVEL, AT LAST!

J-Bob: Who are you?

booming voice: THE ONE WHO SENT JORBO TO SEEK WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND.

J-bob: Um, that's nice, but that really didn't answer my question.

booming voice: Uhhhh...*cough* I AM THE GOD OF GODS!

J-bob: Waaait a minute. God of gods, eh?

Janitor Bob hits the tab bar, to reveal and confirm what he has surmised.

J-bob: You're JM!

DUM-DUM-DUUUUUUUUUM!

JM: That's right, custodial master. You figured me out.

J-bob: But why?

JM: I'll tell you why!--...no wait. I forgot.

J-bob: Right. You think maybe you could, uh...get me out of here? My friends are probably going to miss me and all.

JM: Wha-? Oh yeah. I suppose I filled my obligitory "tie-in with earlier posts" deal.

LRYT: Server has exited the game...

More gratuitous, senseless tie-ins! What does JM have to do with the prefect level? Does it matter anymore? Where will Janitor Bob find himself next? Tune in, and hope you get a better post, here on The Neverending Story Thread!

Prepare for my belated and uneccessary revenge! Vengence is a dish best served well aged.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-15, 4:55 AM #763
^Cool.

And hey, I actually just read through most of NeSquared. It's funny! :v: But where is the reference to Young and Gebiyl getting married?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-15, 11:59 AM #764
Isuwen: Cool. Yay psuedo-new writers! :)

Tracer: Gebiyl and Young haven't married YET. The post where Gebiyl jumps on the idea of an evil wedding can be found here, and the link can also be found in the "(starts here)" of the CURRENT STORY ARC part of the first post of this workshop thread (i.e. update section).

EDIT: I forgot to say that, if anyone's interested, the one known entrance/exit into NeShattered is in Hell (which Thand may have found out from talking to Gebiyl), and if memory serves me right, the portal is within a wooded area, nearby some demonic tower in Hell. It's mentioned/linked in one of the last posts in NeShattered, and I'd link it if this laptop I was on wasn't so slow.

Also, just to make it clear, it is NOT my intention to post on the actual NeShattered thread again. If any of you feel otherwise, speak up.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-15, 1:54 PM #765
Originally posted by Tracer:
Yeah seriously people, it's not the Neverending Tracer.

Has anybody else noticed that 'Sarn', 'Sem', 'Sam' and 'Sern' all sort of look the same (especially with italics)?

indeed. tis somewhat irritating.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-15, 2:41 PM #766
Eh, I'll just wait until you start another one so I can bring in my ideas from the start of it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-16, 2:01 AM #767
Quote:
Tracer: Gebiyl and Young haven't married YET. The post where Gebiyl jumps on the idea of an evil wedding can be found here, and the link can also be found in the "(starts here)" of the CURRENT STORY ARC part of the first post of this workshop thread (i.e. update section).

Oh, I see it. Does anyone care if I make an Evil Geb/Young post? I'm asking because that would put me up to five or six in a row...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-16, 2:25 AM #768
I've just started university holidays, so barring trips and stuff I'll be embarking on, I'm hoping to get my post count up to the titanic proportions it used to be. Probably a good thing, considering all the work and attention these new ideas are going to need.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2006-06-16, 7:29 AM #769
Originally posted by Tracer:
Oh, I see it. Does anyone care if I make an Evil Geb/Young post? I'm asking because that would put me up to five or six in a row...

Not me. I honestly have no problem with one person making a bunch of posts. Go Tracer!

Hopefully I'll get access to a decent computer again, so I can easily post stuff like killer wedding cake and deadly wedding planner (oh no, her rear end is too big! Har -_-) and mebbe beta squadron as bridesmaids there solely to distract the "wedding crashers"... though I feel the hero-types need more classically evil opposition, like Nazi-zombie-cyborg-ninja-robot-clones or something...

(Also been trying to think if Evil Geb would pick a best man, or if there'd be a ring bearer or flower girl... been trying to cook up some conflicts, since this story arc was more or less "my idea" and I'd rather not leave the work to you guys if I can.)
2006-06-16, 9:01 AM #770
I think you meant ALIEN-Nazi-zombie-cyborg-ninja-robot-clones Geb. Let's not be too cliche here.

I think Bernard could handle ring-bearer... :rolleyes:
In Soviet ISB, NeS writes YOU!
2006-06-20, 9:53 PM #771
That awesome computer story got deleted. Geb's taking out the competition.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-20, 10:43 PM #772
You found me out. You must be eliminated now, Tracer. :ninja:

In other news, I should have access to a GOOD computer after tomorrow, one way or another, so I'll do what I can then to move NeS along.
2006-06-21, 2:18 PM #773
All these spam posts are getting annoying.. Can we like.. change the forum # to something that's not being used perhaps?

(And if so, would that help?)
[I put that here, cause I didn't want to create a new thread on it, and this is kind of a "discussion" thread anyway]

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-21, 2:55 PM #774
I talked to mbeggar about it, and if it continues to be a problem, he'll deal with it. Also, I might be busy these next few days... :(
2006-06-23, 7:07 PM #775
What happened to the jellybean pony? Did it die?

Also, new adventures with Bhac and Romanov coming up.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-24, 1:40 AM #776
I think it just wasn't being written for after the Dreamstate storyarc. I don't think it died or anything though. Not entirely sure.

As for the Bhac/Romanov thing, you might wanna PM West Wind about that -- I wrote that in my one post because West Wind had something in mind. It's up to you though -- I'd rather people post more and ruin stuff than try plotting and wait a crapload of time. Poor Tracer, being the only major writer so far for this new storyarc it seems... stupid being busy as of late. At least I have access to a better computer now (though not my own).

Also, nice post with Evil Geb and such :D
2006-06-24, 12:24 PM #777
Does West Wind still come here? His last NeS post was at the beginning of April. I think I'll slowly keep adding stuff until something breaks/I go crazy.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-24, 3:32 PM #778
Yes, West_wind still comes here...

He even read's the ISB threads.

And every night, before passing out of mental exhaustion he say to himself: "I wish I could find the time to post on NeS", then a slow tear rolls onto his pillow and he falls asleep, only to awaken to another busy day...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-06-24, 6:36 PM #779
Then do you care if I do a Bhac/Romanov thing?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-24, 6:57 PM #780
be my guest
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-06-25, 8:47 PM #781
Two threads at once?! I can't handle how wicked this is!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-25, 9:09 PM #782
check out my recent post in NEShattered. I'm rather impressed with it myself.
[/ego]

(No specific ideas on where that's going, so feel free to extrapolate.)

2006-06-25, 10:30 PM #783
Just to keep everyone in the loop, I deleted 3 NSPs and merged one NSP with the post above it, so now the "new" storyarc in NeShattered starts on its own page. I intend to clean up the first page of NeShattered a little bit as well to strengthen a structure of its own for the thread. In case anyone was curious, the merged NSP was Highemperor's, one of the NSPs was my own, and two were TLTE's -- the only one I'm concerned about having deleted was one where TLTE spoke his fustration towards Highemperor, as I didn't know if you would object to me having taken that out. If so, I can put it back and merge something else or whatnot.

Also, be warned -- Evil Geb will be flexing some meta-fiction power over this storyarc... >=D
2006-06-26, 4:56 PM #784
Just so the new writers know, the character/storyline for Ford the Hero is not up for grabs, and is not to be written for, unless express permission is made by Ford the Writer (ie- me.) permission will not be given unless a persons idea a) fits my plans for the character, or b) is really really funny.

this public service announcement has been brought to you by the Associated Learn-ed Peoples.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-28, 4:26 PM #785
Just checking in to say that I'm still here and I haven't forgotten about the secret mission upon which I've dispatched Semievil. The tumbleweed is still in the service of Canadian intel, and I've stowed him away in the tail of the plane to keep tabs on our newest agent. However, this doesn't entirely rule out the possibility of the tumbleweed going double agent... :ninja:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-29, 4:38 PM #786
So, er, where can I write then? Is there another one starting soon?
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-29, 4:58 PM #787
Do you mean new episode or new thread or whatnot? Or are you waiting for the characters to all die, wiping the slate clean for new unrelated adventures?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-29, 7:18 PM #788
Jump in anytime JM, apparantly a new storyarc has commenced, so read the last page and post something. or dont read it and screw with the continuity, no one really cares unless they specifically say "DONT MESS WITH MY CHARACTERS RIGHT NOW! I HAEV PLANZ!"
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-29, 10:45 PM #789
Just wanted to ask you all to post on this thread and wish sugarless a happy birthday:

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?p=703926#post703926

And yes, this is NeS-related, because you should also convince her to write for NeS. :D

And yeah, Isuwen -- start writing. We ARE virtually in a new storyarc right now, so now's a good time to jump in!
2006-06-30, 8:52 AM #790
Just wanted to say that Majir is a freaking stud. Awesome post, man.

2006-06-30, 9:54 AM #791
Thanks, man. I was going to post here first and warn everyone, but... ahh... I'm back in the game for the duration of however long it takes to wrap up the Hawthorne/Thatchett/Detective plot. I know there were some good ideas up in the air three months ago, we'll see if they can still work.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." (Groucho Marx)
2006-06-30, 5:37 PM #792
Nice work, Sarn and Majir. Hey Geb, there used to be this cool cartoon drawing someone did of all the NeS Heroes back in the original thread. Even though it's mainly of the oldschool heroes, it might be neat to post it on the update page if you (or anyone) still have it.

Edit - okay, that's a pretty vague description. It was a blank white background with the heroes (and possibly some villains) standing in a line, and there were captions naming each character.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-30, 11:07 PM #793
I know the picture you're refering to and DAMN that's an old picture. It's the first one Krig drew back on page 16 of the original NeS thread. Since then, some of the some of the standard visuals of those few characters have changed. Still, it's a very good idea, and it shouldn't be too hard to incoorperate that -- something like a good full-body detailed pic in their linked profiles and/or a small headshot next to their character name on the update section. I'll see what I can do.

Really though, I need to get back into the groove of just, you know, posting. I'm starting to become a stereotypical leader, where I have other people do "my" work now... :(

EDIT: Also, this is kind of funny with what I just wrote, but I was wondering Tracer if you could cut and paste your last post on NeSquared, that involved Evil Geb, Morthrandur and Young, into the NeShattered thread, since we've got the whole "things in NeShattered are posted on NeShattered" thing going. I'd much appreciate it :)
2006-07-01, 12:50 AM #794
Sure. That would put it out of sync with the rest of the posts, but as long as nobody writes for those characters until I move the post it should be fine.

And as for the picture, I didn't realize that Krig had changed how he drew them. I thought it might compliment the update page nicely, you know...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-02, 7:54 PM #795
I have to go on a writers' retreat for four days to write the new university play, so I'll be out again. I was hoping to have a more active hand in the storyarc, but after this I'm free. I trust you guys well enough to write for TLTE, naturally.

I'm also interested in getting a drawing of TLTE done. Krig sketched him once, and it was a pretty good sketch, but he never finished it and he's now apparently in limbo.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2006-07-03, 12:37 PM #796
My idea on the drawing is that we should get a sketch up for each character which can then be posted into the character sheet.

I think, though, that we should focus on making sure that each character picture fits an overall theme. (ie will they be cartoonish? Lifelike? hard lines and angles or soft?) The easiest way to do this is to have the same person sketch and color each character. However, there would be some difficulty with making sure the artist is reflecting accurately the author's portrayal of the character. Perhaps we should each individually draw a sketch of our character or characters (I know most of us have some level of artistic talent), and then whoever's style we like best can be drafted into redoing the others' sketches in his/her own style to create a recurring theme.

Thoughts?

2006-07-05, 10:32 AM #797
here's a picture of a concept for Sarn Cadrill.
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=42380

2006-07-07, 7:49 PM #798
I was just talking to West Wind and he said I was a little harsh on Sugarless and I "swept her under the rug." I just wanted to say that that really was not my intention at all. Mostly it was late at night, raining, and I wanted to write something. I figured, funny thing about plot holes is that they always turn up (except in the operating field of certain anti-plot hole devices to certain Astrovans), so it wouldn't really matter if the maintenance dude showed up. Also, it occurs to me that now she has access to the back end of NeS. Anyway, just wanted to apologize.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." (Groucho Marx)
2006-07-07, 7:52 PM #799
Originally posted by Majiir:
I was just talking to West Wind and he said I was a little harsh on Sugarless and I "swept her under the rug." I just wanted to say that that really was not my intention at all. Mostly it was late at night, raining, and I wanted to write something. I figured, funny thing about plot holes is that they always turn up (except in the operating field of certain anti-plot hole devices to certain Astrovans), so it wouldn't really matter if the maintenance dude showed up. Also, it occurs to me that now she has access to the back end of NeS. Anyway, just wanted to apologize.

Hey, it happens. Glad you noticed though ;) Ante or I will probably be workin' her in more with NeS shortly... hopefully she'll stick around :)
2006-07-10, 8:00 PM #800
*glazed eyes*

JediKirby's post was like a cool, refreshing breeze on a hot summer afternoon. He is a genius and his recent story post has convinced me to maintain my meager existence another day in hopes that I may have a chance to read a new installment from him.

That is all.

↑ Up to the top!